Pandora Keyboard Layout (legends)

WarmFluffyUK

The Big Wad Bolf.
Website
www.retrotech.one
Hi folks,

I'm in the middle of building a 3D model of the Pandora in Art of Illusion. I have been searching the web and these forums but as yet have not found any images of a definitive keyboard layout, most pictures don't show the smaller fonts very well. Does anyone know where I can find this?

Here's how far I have progressed so far:
Pandora1.jpg

I know the speakers are not correct, something I may change later on.

That's really great, Ed can send you a flat version of the keyboard, the layout is not 100% final (but we are happy with it).

The needed terminal things like ctrl and alt will likely be on the R/L triggers etc. but feel free to do a custom layout which you like.

Any chance that the rest of us can see that flat version of the keyboard as well?

I think that the 4 action buttons are slightly too large as well - Not that it would be a bad thing if they were that size!

WarmFluffyUK said:
Thanks Ed, I will update the keyboard post haste. Until then, here's another image:
Sweet! That's the version of Spyro that I made (The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning). How well it would work on the Pandora I have no idea. It pushed the PS2, Xbox and Gamecube pretty hard. But before anyone asks, no, it's not going to happen. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I had an idea for the CTRL and ALT buttons. I feel reluctant to reduce the size of ALL the keypad buttons or to extend them into the space left open for thumbs on the side so how about this:

CTRL - mapped to the X button when console used (could be FN + X elsewhere)
ALT - mapped to the B button when console used (could be FN + B elsewhere)

This would make getting CTRL-C very easy and also allows CTRL + (key1) + (key2) possible since the two key limit does not apply to game buttons. What do you think?

How often would these keys really be used?

MWeston said:
CTRL - mapped to the X button when console used (could be FN + X elsewhere)
ALT - mapped to the B button when console used (could be FN + B elsewhere)

How often would these keys really be used?
Well it doesn't run windows and there's no DEL button, so probably never :p

Edit: Really nice renders btw!

Last edited by a moderator:
How many keyboard layouts will be exist and will be all of them availaible in EU? I prefer some kind of US version becose I do not expect czech layout :)
Or can be some extra keys shiped to replace it by user?

I love the idea of replacement legends for different countries.

And now to prove that I am a powerful sorceress, with a wave of a wand, I turn the plastic red:

Pandora4.jpg

:D

Very tasty renders. Great job WF!

Don't think alternative keyboards will be necessary. Maybe there could be a software setting to make a keyboard more non-us/uk friendly.

Back