Pandora at Replay 2011 - Retro Gaming Expo - Let's meet up

Wish I could make it :( Be merry!

I was only in the UK once briefly (stopover between flights), but there is a great calling in my blood to see the ancestral homeland; or maybe it was because I'd just spent a month in a country thatw as beautiful but I couldnmt' speak to anyone, so landing in London had me swooning with joy :)

Now, any good multiplayer.. get some Quake3 on :) or Temper net play?

jeff

we deffo need a pandora netplay game like perhapps the Frozen-bubble game or lemmings SDL or any other that offers this support, maybe even a game where we could use a dedicated server? :p it would be awsome if we had emulators that included netplay though.

that reminds me do we have any emulators that can play the arcade versions of ssf2t and sfa series?

that reminds me do we have any emulators that can play the arcade versions of ssf2t and sfa series?
MAME 0.106 supports these. You will need to overclock a bit for CPS2 stuff, though. (850MHz is fine for me, there.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahaa, so this saturday could be the day i have been waiting for a long time

...the day i finally get to see a Pandora with my own eyes!

im getting ticket, probably wont have money to get a hotel though so will either roam the roads till the trains start again in the morning or get myself arrested and crash on the thin blue matresses

either way im looking forward to it

see you there hopefully, ill be in a bright blue jacket and lime green air max, if you see me say hello

I have a 20" flat screen, some of wizardstan's connectors, some of Peca's BoBs and no soldering skills, but a few days to practice.

Are you coming to the Replay?

When? At least the TV would help, then I could at least show Pandora videos there and stir attention! :)

Sunday. I'll be in Blackpool at 10:30ish on Saturday - we're going to the pleasure beach for the day.

What time are you hitting Blackpool. We may need to do some sort of exchange as you (your lift) drives through.

I assume you'll be off Sunday at 3ish so I'll be there to pick up the TV then.

Still hope to meet up on Sat evening!

Replay is also having it's own after show charity bash on the saturday, this is another possible option...

http://www.replayexp...fter-show-party

It starts at 7.30 at the Hilton Blackpool Hotel, however seeing as its for charity, its £10 in, but just throwing this out there.

This sounds ace to me. Pub Quiz!! And Come on, it's for charity! What do others think?

That's all the badges used up now, first come, first served for the blank one, apologies if anyone has been missed out. I should get to replay late morning / early afternoon on the Saturday, I'll drop the badges at the Pandora / ICP table upon arrival.

As for the post replay meet up, the charity event sounds interesting but I think we should look for something a little more inclusive as some people are a bit skint, some have to get the train home, some might only want to meet for an hour as they've come up in a group etc. Thoughts and comments please.

Also a travel tip for those coming by train, taxis are pretty expensive in Blackpool so to save yourself a few quid getting from the station to Replay, walk to the sea front from the station and catch a tram direct to Norbreck, Replay is more or less straight across the road from the tram stop.

badges2.jpg

How many people are going from this forum?

20-30??

i so wish I could attend. :(

Last edited:
Right - so.. I'm going to be too busy on Saturday with my rugby and orchestra commitments - and I'll be heading to BlackHeath in London for Guy Fawkes. (5 years in a row.. .it's a bit of a tradition)

But........ I'm coming on Sunday! 4 hours there - 4 hours back.

So yeah... Do I qualify for a goddamn badge or what? :)

Sorry my soldering skills are not a patch on peca's. two connectors and one BoB dead! I have no TV out cable. :(

Thanks Mr Loon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll see you all there, no idea how long the journey will take but should be there by 1-2pm I'm guessing.

I've got a cold so might be a little sniffly, and I won't speak to anyone without their shirt tucked in.

I'll see you all there, no idea how long the journey will take but should be there by 1-2pm I'm guessing.

I've got a cold so might be a little sniffly, and I won't speak to anyone without their shirt tucked in.
:)

see u there! have a safe journey!

I'll be leaving around 8am-ish. Should get there around 9:30.

See you all tomorrow

Leaving at dawn, loonnng drive ahead.... Hope I can get some coffee in there!

hralfway to blackpool and I'vertia realised I've forgotten my ticket. What a dick. Hope I can get another?

I saw that they *will* have tickets at the door, maybe they'll have your details an you can get another?

Have a safe trip, everyone who's heading off to Blackpool.

If there's decent internet access, we expect live updates from the show floor, remember. ;)

Back