pandian - MARK2

So even though it works; _image, _mixer, _ttf and _net included -> SDL 2.0 is painfully slow on pandian right now.
Hmm, this can be caused by the missing opengl speedup. I'am not really firm with that, but as i know ( correct me if iam wrong ) you need to have an binary image for GPU which is actually not available for hard float abi
i think the powervr gles driver is available for hardfloat.
check http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/10686-why-does-the-sgx-driver-cant-work-with-hard-float-distros/

the sdl slowdown...

i'm not really a dev, but i think notaz added some special speedups to sdl to make it faster on omap.

Last edited by a moderator:
would be good to know which opp-profile pandian uses, to keep the voltage for the soc low
OPP-Level is set automatically by the kernel, so if i run my pandora on 400MHz dmesg report:
platform mpu.0: max MPU OPP set to 3

if i set to 700MHz dmesg report:

platform mpu.0: max MPU OPP set to 5
by looking at http://pandorawiki.org/Overclocking#Linux_kernel_info it seems that opp 4 is enough voltage for 700mhz.

i think all these values there are for 3530 only (cc/classic/rebirth)

the 1ghz units have a max opp of 4 if i remember correctly.

so it might be a good idea to set the max opp to 4 when running 700mhz.

i have a 1ghz unit running supersaxxon and lowering the opp one notch made the soc a lot cooler for me.

Update of packages:

pandian: Release of 0.7-1 

pandian: pdcmd: calculate opp level for overclocking 

pandian: pdcmd: Check if cpufreq is available

pandian: mpd: Check if mpd is already running, if not, start it for pandian

pandian-x11: Release of 0.7 

pandian-x11: Set max cpu for classic pandora to 800 

pandian-x11: Check if cpu is variant 0x3 ( 1Ghz Model ) and set max available MHz to 1200

pndevmapperd: Release of 0.1-1 

pndevmapperd: Add dummy scripts and update debian-conf

libpnd: Release of 1.0.1 package

Update pandian:

apt-get install pandian-full

( this package should make the update process more uncomplicated )

would be good to know which opp-profile pandian uses, to keep the voltage for the soc low
OPP-Level is set automatically by the kernel, so if i run my pandora on 400MHz dmesg report:
platform mpu.0: max MPU OPP set to 3

if i set to 700MHz dmesg report:

platform mpu.0: max MPU OPP set to 5
by looking at http://pandorawiki.org/Overclocking#Linux_kernel_info it seems that opp 4 is enough voltage for 700mhz.

i think all these values there are for 3530 only (cc/classic/rebirth)

the 1ghz units have a max opp of 4 if i remember correctly.

i have a 1ghz unit running supersaxxon and lowering the opp one notch made the soc a lot cooler for me.
On SZ I have the CPU always set to 800Mhz at OPP3, on my Rebirth Pandora. It never failed at that rate.

Btw, I will install the latest update today. Let's see how it works :D

WHERE IS MY PANIC BUTTON?

After a simple apt-get upgrade (I'm still running 0.5 with lightdm) and reboot, my Wifi doesn't work anymore, but the Wifi LED lights though.

I cannot install any packages now.

The network applet in tray says:

Code:
device not ready (firmware missing)
Is there a way to fix this without reinstalling?

please check if in /lib/firmware if wl1251-fw.bin is present. If not ( normaly its in the "pandian" package ) copy it from openpandora.git to /lib/firmware ( Or see in /opt, there should be a backup of the firmware )

Please check ( apt-get -f install ) that installation was correctly done

Nope, it's not present.

Thats realy strange, because its in the "pandian" package. Try to download it from openpandora.git and place it to /lib/firmware at your card or do

dpkg -i /var/cache/apt/archives/pandian_0.7-3_all.deb

at your pandora

I just downloaded and copied the wl1251-fw.bin to the firmware directory and it immediately started connecting.

Thank you very much!

Not yet, but I'm just continuing the update progress.

EDIT:
I have no ipv4 address and cannot resolve any hosts.

EDIT2:
Starting nm-applet

Code:
pandian@pandian:~$ sudo nm-applet

(nm-applet:3634): nm-applet-WARNING **: Failed to register as an agent: (32) No session found for uid 0

(nm-applet:3634): libnotify-WARNING **: Failed to connect to proxy

(nm-applet:3634): nm-applet-WARNING **: Failed to show notification: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.freedesktop.Notifications was not provided by any .service files

(nm-applet:3634): nm-applet-WARNING **: Failed to register as an agent: (32) No session found for uid 0
^Cnm-applet-Message: PID 0 (we are 3634) sent signal 2, shutting down...
g_dbus_connection_real_closed: Remote peer vanished with error: Underlying GIOStream returned 0 bytes on an async read (g-io-error-quark, 0). Exiting.
nm-applet-Message: PID 3634 (we are 3634) sent signal 15, shutting down...

(nm-applet:3634): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 92 was not found when attempting to remove it

** (nm-applet:3634): CRITICAL **: nm_secret_agent_unregister: assertion 'priv->registered == TRUE' failed

Hmm. okay seems to work for my pandora :) i add these to the pdcmd - script

But what is with the 1GHz Model ?
i can only find some values for 1ghz units herehttp://git.openpandora.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=openpandora.oe.git;a=blob_plain;f=recipes/pandora-system/pandora-scripts/op_cpusettings.sh;hb=HEAD

and they all use maxopp4.

for the classic units the script suggests maxopp5 for 800mhz,

N3Cr0 uses maxopp3 for that.

EDIT:

EDIT2:

Starting nm-applet

(nm-applet:3634): nm-applet-WARNING **: Failed to show notification: GDBus.Error:eek:rg.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.freedesktop.Notifications was not provided by any .service files

g_dbus_connection_real_closed: Remote peer vanished with error: Underlying GIOStream returned 0 bytes on an async read (g-io-error-quark, 0). Exiting.

(nm-applet:3634): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 92 was not found when attempting to remove it

** (nm-applet:3634): CRITICAL **: nm_secret_agent_unregister: assertion 'priv->registered == TRUE' failed
Do

/etc/init.d/network-manager start
or to make the change permament:

insserv -v network-manager

Please make sure that wicd is not installed ;) or better: try wicd ;)

i can only find some values for 1ghz units here http://git.openpando...ings.sh;hb=HEAD and they all use maxopp4. for the classic units the script suggests maxopp5 for 800mhz, N3Cr0 uses maxopp3 for that.
Nice, thanks for information :) i will update my script according to this :)

EDIT:

EDIT2:

Starting nm-applet

(nm-applet:3634): nm-applet-WARNING **: Failed to show notification: GDBus.Error:eek:rg.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.freedesktop.Notifications was not provided by any .service files

Do

/etc/init.d/network-manager start
or to make the change permament:

insserv -v network-manager

Please make sure that wicd is not installed ;) or better: try wicd ;)
The network-manager is already started and connects properly, but it looks like there is something like a DHCP client missing.

EDIT:

There is a file named "dhclient-wlan0.conf" inside /var/lib/NetworkManager. It is autogenerated by the network manager and contains a ipv6 config. There are also two files "dhclient-<a long serial number>-wlan0.lease" which contain my old ipv4 config.

Is there a way to rollback to the old config?

EDIT2:

I replaced my /etc/dhcp/dhclient.conf with the /var/lib/NetworkManager/dhclient-<a long serial number>-wlan0.lease and restarted the network manager, but it didn't solve the problem.

On a different note: I upgraded to v0.7 yesterday and the upgrade wiped out my personal account customisations, specifically those in .xsessionrc.  I think that system upgrades should not change user settings.  Copying files from /etc/skel to a user's home directory should only be done when that user account is crated.

Otherwise, the upgrade seems to have gone well.  Nothing appears to have changed in my use case.  nm-applet still does not connect automatically but it does connect.

How does on change the cpu speed?

Thanks!

Back