pandian - MARK2

I have a strange problem. Network Manager can not assign an IPv4 address (manually and automatically).

It connects to my wireless network but the interface has IPv6 address.

Running that command brought me into whatbi assume is the slim login GUI. Log on ok but get

Connection activation failed : not authorised to control networking when trying to get on my wifi

evilnet-fluxbox (0.4-0):

• slim login command changed to ck-launch-session to fix nm-applet
The latest version of slim does not need to add the ck-launch-session to the login command.

ck-sessions-list still reports empty login-session-id.

I found this info: "If login-session-id is empty, you propably missed the CONFIG_AUDITSYSCALL=y option in kernel".

I checked pandora-kernel config file and this option is missing.

Moreover, systemd-logind service (systemd login manager) is running in pandian. I think that pandian is using sysvinit. 

Running that command brought me into whatbi assume is the slim login GUI. Log on ok but get

Connection activation failed : not authorised to control networking when trying to get on my wifi
Try to add your user to netdev group:

gpasswd -a <username> netdev
then logout and login again (or reboot).

I try to check if installing and running lxpolkit on startup fix these issues without adding your user on netdev group, but I have the strange network issue that I mentioned above.

Last edited by a moderator:
   a1

Hmm tried that - same issue. :a:

I even ran nm-applet as root and connected to my wifi which seemed to work but then I get no network access

ifconfig shows

Wlan0                Link encap:ethernet hwaddr:  00 19 94 24 a1 84

inet6 addr: fe80::219:94ff:fe24:a184/64 Scope: Link

UP broadcast running multicast mtu:1500 metric:1

rx packets:70 errors 0 dropped  overruns 0  frame 0

a1

I even ran nm-applet as root and connected to my wifi which seemed to work but then I get no network access

ifconfig shows

Yes, the same as mine. It doen't assign an IPv4 to the interface.

nm-applet's behaviour has definitely changed. I am able to connect but it won't connect the first time and it won't automatically connect (the two may be related).

This is probably a symptom of running sid... live dangerously! ;)

Hmm, jep the same problems i had also with nm-applet.

I found this info: "If login-session-id is empty, you propably missed the CONFIG_AUDITSYSCALL=y option in kernel". I checked pandora-kernel config file and this option is missing.
Cool, thanks for investigate,  i will try to recompile the kernel and check if that helps .)

nm-applet does the same strange stuff in my pandora, first try to connect, hangs on IP-Address assignment. Second connect, also ._. for the mean time i changed to wicd, because it seems to not have this specific dependencies. 

This is probably a symptom of running sid... live dangerously!

Jep thats why i start the Poll ;) i've mentioned that often ( packages break the system ) but only on the pandora. On my desktop system ( where also sid is installed ) it seems not break so often ( okay, maybe i upgrade much more my pandora than my desktop ^^° )

In order to find out the root of the problem I did a fresh installation on my SD.

Step 1: I installed the normal (desktop enviroment) to the SD and I booted up and did the initial configuration.

Step 2: I removed (apt-get remove) the packages systemd, lxde, pandian-lxde, xserver-xorg-video-{ati,radeon,nouveau,mach64}.

Step 3: I installed (apt-get install) the packages pandian, pandian-x11, pandian-fluxbox (in that order).

Step 4: I rebooted my pandora and logged in using slim. Nm-applet was running and my network connection was working fine but I could not disconnect. So I removed "ck-launch-session" from the login command of slim.

Step 5: I run a apt-get autoremove command.

Step 6: I rebooted again.

My pandora now run pandian with slim, fluxbox, nm-applet, networking and is working fine.

I will backup my SD (so I don't need to do all the steps again) and I will continue testing pandian.

In order to find out the root of the problem I did a fresh installation on my SD.

Step 2: I removed (apt-get remove) the packages systemd, lxde, pandian-lxde, xserver-xorg-video-{ati,radeon,nouveau,mach64}.
It is interesting that you removed systemd.  Why?  Are there any repercussions from this?

It is interesting that you removed systemd.  Why?  Are there any repercussions from this?
Both sysvinit and systemd are installed on the image. Pandian is using sysvinit (the process with pid 1 is init) but the login manager of systemd (system-logind) is autostarted at startup, so I removed systemd to avoid any conflicts.

1GHz Pandora:

Could someone please post if the cpu-speed-tool works for the 1GHz pandora ? My pandora is an good and classic 600MHz :)

also "cat /proc/cpuinfo" will be really helpful to optimize this
I can change my CPU frequency but there is no scaling. Which scaling governor is pandian using?

a1

ifconfig shows

Yes, the same as mine. It doen't assign an IPv4 to the interface.
This is a symptom of running sid because it is caused after a apt-get upgrade.

1GHz Pandora:

Could someone please post if the cpu-speed-tool works for the 1GHz pandora ? My pandora is an good and classic 600MHz :)

also "cat /proc/cpuinfo" will be really helpful to optimize this
I can change my CPU frequency but there is no scaling. Which scaling governor is pandian using?
normally "userspace"
Is it possible to change scaling governor to ondemand or powersave with your tool?

Both sysvinit and systemd are installed on the image. Pandian is using sysvinit (the process with pid 1 is init) but the login manager of systemd (system-logind) is autostarted at startup, so I removed systemd to avoid any conflicts.
Ah, okay, thanks.  Makes sense.

Okay, i compiled the new kernel with AUDIT ( CONFIG_AUDITSYSCALL is not possible for ARM, Depends on: AUDIT [=y] && (X86 || PPC || S390 || IA64 || UML || SPARC64 || SUPERH) )

installed and is running. nm-applet start okay, but connect without obtaining an ip-address ... wicd connect and get an ip-address without any problems. So i think if nm-applet is really depending on that, it can not be used anymore in future for arm :(

But how its done in lightdm ? somehow it seems to work with that.

Is it possible to change scaling governor to ondemand or powersave with your tool?
Not yet, when i start writing the qt-app for pandian, there will be an option for that :)

( or you change it in /usr/bin/pdcmd at line 303 )

Update:

pandian_0.6-3:

• Add wl1251-fw.bin firmware ( moved from kernel packages )
install the packages with "apt-get install pandian" ( also for upgrade )

and in the test-repository you can found that:

linux-pandian:

• Update to kernel 3.2.53 ( with AUDIT active for testing purpose )
install the packages with "apt-get install linux-pandian" ( also for upgrade )

( the test repository can be activate if you open an terminal, login as root and run:

echo "deb http://pandian.openpandora.org/debian pandian test" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pandian-test.list

)

Okay, i compiled the new kernel with AUDIT ( CONFIG_AUDITSYSCALL is not possible for ARM, Depends on: AUDIT [=y] && (X86 || PPC || S390 || IA64 || UML || SPARC64 || SUPERH) ) installed and is running. nm-applet start okay, but connect without obtaining an ip-address ... wicd connect and get an ip-address without any problems. So i think if nm-applet is really depending on that, it can not be used anymore in future for arm :( But how its done in lightdm ? somehow it seems to work with that.
Did you "apt-get upgrade"? Nm-applet connects without obtaining an ip-address only if you "apt-get upgrade" from the initial image.

pandian_0.6-3: Add wl1251-fw.bin firmware ( moved from kernel packages ) install the packages with "apt-get install pandian" ( also for upgrade ) and in the test-repository you can found that:
I couldn't install it. It reports:

Create Folder /media/music
Fix permissions
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/pandian_0.6-3_all.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Not yet, when i start writing the qt-app for pandian, there will be an option for that :) ( or you change it in /usr/bin/pdcmd at line 303 )
I change it to "ondemand". It seems to work fine.

Hmm, i don't see the error, could you please post the messages before ?

Try: apt-get -f install

Back