Ouya - Android based open gaming console

No mater, if you like it or not, everyone (Vavle, Sony, MS) is aiming for the cloud gaming.  You must be all blind if you cant see the big picture there. :)

No mater, if you like it or not, everyone (Vavle, Sony, MS) is aiming for the cloud gaming.  You must be all blind if you cant see the big picture there. :)
I can say with 100% certainty that it isnt the future...there are too many reasons we  switched from dumb terminals with offsite processing to desktops with local processing. 

Getting live High-res, High-framerate, 3D video down a glorified phone line (much less over-the-air) is never going to work well/cheaply.

I also doubt that repeatedly downloading all the game assets whenever you want to play is going to work.

What is likely, is the prevalence of download-once, play-until-the-DRM-stops-you gaming. Maybe.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know, it depends on country infrastructure, I know in the states Google is rolling out fibre as the government is currently doing in Australia, Korea already has it.  So I think it would be feasible in those countries with Fibre.  It might startup in those countries and rollout as other countries eventually get fibre.

OUYA announced recently that it will bring it's OUYA store and games to other Hardware.  Surprisingly, first of the rank is  Mad Catz who will bring the OUYA store and games to it's MOJO console this spring. 

http://www.engadget.com/2014/03/06/mad-catz-mojo-ouya-everywhere/
Yeah. I heard, it sounds like ouya don't know what they are doing, building a console brand name? or just an online gaming portal ? ... Ouya is not a strong enough brand name for either at this point imo.

That was part of the plan even before the console was released.

They claim to aim to the moment when no consoles exist and everything is distributed digitally to your TV or other screens.

I guess that was one of the reasons to choose Android.

Julie Uhrman is annoying b*tch. She talks like a politician or salesman.  :wacko:

I concur. She strikes me as someone who is canny enough to get this project flying enough to get funded and take home some reasonably big bucks and then ride it out, down through the mud until it disintegrates, by which time she's significantly well paid and get another board level job as "adviser" to someone other company on similarly large pay.

They delivered. How can you compare her to Craig, then?

And... yes, she is CEOish, most of people in management are like that. Such is life in the Hawaian Tropic.

Lucky there are also projects like the pyra and people in charge like ED in the world. :)

Apparently Ouya is in the process of being acquired. Speculation as to who is buying them or what exactly the story is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back