Ouya - Android based open gaming console

Ouya is a duck stuck in limbo, that has yet to accept that it has actually died! In fact I question, if said duck, was ever alive to begin with. :eek: :rolleyes:

OUYA is actually a really nice little machine that definitely deserves more love than it got.

Sure it's got its faults, but OUYA aimed and delivered a new low cost machine in a new market that does everything it said it would. That it didn't take off in a more significant way is more than likely due to OUYA's lack of advertising and promotion than of the system itself.

Most critics have probably never even seen an OUYA, let alone used one for an extensive time and are just sheep, relaying the "Its crap" message - which is far from the truth.

Last edited by a moderator:
I suspect it's dead and have done for a long time. It just didn't know it :p

I expect that whatever comes out of the ashes from the buy-out it won't be TOUYA.

I resteth my case!
Don't be so quick. My statement is just my humble opinion and not a statement of facts. The future of OUYA could still surprise us all. I doubt it, but it could! :p
Its possible but yeah, unlikely! I think it rode a great crushing wave of hyperbole and that's how they got funded. That and some people will back absurd shit on kickstarter and indiegogo.

That and some people will back absurd shit on kickstarter and indiegogo.
I got mine for free and it was worth every penny! :D

Seriously, it is worth what it's selling for.

Now GameStick however... I got that free too and.. err. yeah.

Ouya is more dead than PS Vita.
I have seen multiple PS Vitas in the wild. I have yet to meet anyone that owns an Ouya. That statistic is absolutely biased though, since Vitas are portable and more likely to be seen than a friend excited to show off their new TV based toy.

The ouya is "dead" in my opinion as well. But dead in the same way the pandora is dead. There are people that still cling to it, and worship it like the sun, but it's out of the tech news spotlight for sure and not on many people's "must buy list"

They both have a community of active users and developers that love it. (and lots that hate them both) But it's by no means making headlines except for stories like buyouts, or referring to the manufacturer's history with a new project or model etc. Tegra 3 is old news and so is omap 3.

The ouya is still being sold at brick and mortar retail stores as far as I know and it's parts aren't EOL yet, and the pandora has a little more going for it on the software side, but they hold more similarities than they do not.

vita vs ouya...

I don't think ouya and vita is a fair comparison, as there are replacements in the wild right now for the OUYA that do things better. I actually kinda hate when people compare closed console systems to general computing systems. The only "replacement" for a console is the next generation useally from the same manufacturer, where with a general computing system you can find a replacement from another manufacturer usually within the same year as the first releases that's capable of running the same software, just better, cheaper, or both... effectively killing the first.

It's like saying my laptop, or desktop... or hell just my GPU is "dead"

The ouya is "dead" in my opinion as well. But dead in the same way the pandora is dead. There are people that still cling to it, and worship it like the sun, but it's out of the tech news spotlight for sure and not on many people's "must buy list"

People still worship the sun?

Hail Pyra!

Back