Ouya - Android based open gaming console

I get the feeling the image didn't come from the Ouya camp at all. It seems like a mocked up thing a tech site put together for a story image.

I have never seen it on any of the Ouya kickstarter promo's etc.

I dont think it really matters what shape its in, although i would have prefered something like a ps2 slim as opposed to a gamecube form factor.

Even if they could fit the ouya into one of those android thumb drives i think it would be taken more seriously as a game console if it were slightly bigger.

In some respect it is all about image and perception

Sent from my MB612 using Tapatalk 2

The size of a rubiks cube?Puzzling! So bloody small youd lose it down the back of the couch. Ouch my bum! Ouya! there it is!

The board inside the thing should be small enough for some interesting mod projects me thinks. Might have to consider getting one. Cheaper than that quad core board featured on another thread (odroid or something). Hmmm, interesting - I'll be having a think about this after all.

@ DisgruntleElf if they do so I WILL lobby in the opposite deriction !
There might be good reason why OUYA isn't fighting back.

"Be courteous and respectful. Don't harass or abuse other members.# If you don't like a project, don't back it. No need to be a jerk.# Actions that violate these rules or our Terms of Use may lead to an account being suspended or deleted. We'd prefer not to do that, so be cool, okay? Okay."

They could just be waiting for the OPT to announce their Product 3 on Kickstarter and then launch a complaint that the OPT has violated the guidelines to have them removed. I suspect that Craig will not be able to resist the temptation of attacking OUYA for some time thereby putting any of his future projects on Kickstarter at risk.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've simply given my opinion on it, as have many other people who are in the industry.

I've not harassed them in any way. I don't even follow them on twitter.

I get the feeling the image didn't come from the Ouya camp at all. It seems like a mocked up thing a tech site put together for a story image.

I have never seen it on any of the Ouya kickstarter promo's etc.

+10

Quite a poor mockup really. Don't know how anyone could consider it to be legit!

Heh. They will probably just shove a Raspberry Pi in there and call it a day. Profit! ^_^

They are probably lurking this thread right now and waiting to attack the Open Pandora and Product 3 :eek:

LOL they've probably never heard of the Open Pandora.

Anyway they've revealed the whole controller and more of the console. OnLive will be on the Ouya.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ouya/ouya-a-new-kind-of-video-game-console/posts/275869

image-141147-full.jpg
image-141146-full.jpg
image-141145-full.jpg
image-141148-full.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The only actual new is that it seems to have a touch area on that joy.

If it will work on games that actually require you to touch the screen we don´t know.

Probably, as it would be similar to a wacom tablet somehow.

Onlive is not up to scratch though.The tech just isnt there yet.It can only display on certain sized tellys etc.Also there are some framerate and clipping issues in games.unnaceptable when you are used to ps3/xbox360 standards imo. Aside of that the ouya may perform ok. It may have a small market but im not sure it's going to be a huge success.

I suspect that Craig will not be able to resist the temptation of attacking OUYA for some time thereby putting any of his future projects on Kickstarter at risk.

I don't think that Craig has attacked Ouya in any way, merely voiced some seemingly entirely legitimate concerns based on knowledge & experience. Guess time will tell if those concerns were justified.

Like many here I really wish Ouya well & would love to see them succeed but I just can't see how their business model will work at approx $120 per order delivered, without selling millions of units.

Back