Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Die

Votes: 29 85.3%

• Total voters

_David_

Website
open-pandora.net
Hello,

I had started this website almost 1 year ago with big enthusiasm, and thinking I'll have a Pandora in my hands by now, so I'll be able to do all sorts of cool thing and share this with the community.

Unfortunately it seems that most of the community stick this forum, even thought I had try to come with non competitive features (multi language forum, mobile optimized, user map,chat...).I had also most users criticize rather than help.

The domain name and host plan is now going to expire unless I pay for an extra year, and I'm really wondering if it worth it.

I decided to let the OP community decide based on the result of this poll.

Please vote!

Have a great day,

David

based on how many users it seems to have, i say let it go, then again this is the first im hearing of it, so maybe this is the most advertising you have done for the site :|

I'd have to agree. There's no point in wasting any more of your hard earned money, if your site only has that minimal amount of users.

Along with the lack of activity going on in your forums as well. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Let it die. No need to spend more money. I do, however, think you should find a way to vent your support to the project in a different matter.

I have a vague memory of this.You posted on the forums about it.With 2 existing forums it might be best to let it go.

I have a vague memory of this.You posted on the forums about it.With 2 existing forums it might be best to let it go.
Right, we have too many forums as-is, not to mention this was not at any point an official forum of the OPT.

As a forum, it might be time to pull the plug. However, if you can find another angle for the site it would be awesome. But seeing as there are 1000 pandora owners at the moment, and the number of owners doesn't look like it won't explode at any moment soon, yet another forum might simply not have any room. But, who knows, a review site? Application guide? Hack guide? Q&A? There might still be a niche which is not filled.

edit: I might be interested in helping out if you decide to go for an app-guide/review site ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a random throw-in about what the site could be used for instead.. how about a rating mechanism for all the games known to run/emulate flawlessly on the pandora? Something like the "best games for SNES" etc threads here, just with the ability of every user to give them a rating, serving as a buyers guide of sorts.

(As I said, just an idea and a bit off-topic, but hell, I always wanted such a site to know which games are really worth it)

Just a random throw-in about what the site could be used for instead.. how about a rating mechanism for all the games known to run/emulate flawlessly on the pandora? Something like the "best games for SNES" etc threads here, just with the ability of every user to give them a rating, serving as a buyers guide of sorts.

(As I said, just an idea and a bit off-topic, but hell, I always wanted such a site to know which games are really worth it)
Or a site that anyone can post reviews on games, I really like the game review idea. Forums wouldn't be needed just a thread for each game. Make it kinda like Mobygames, each game has it's own area and reviews are below.

I hadn't seen your forum before now, but I would probably only check one Pandora forum on a regs anyway, since this one started I havnt been on the GP32X Pandora boards, which were/are good but it's just too much for me to keep up, plus seemed all the good people of there are mirrored here anyways so still catching the knowledge I was there for in the first place.

I was thinking of doing a Q&A site myself, Pandora related but with some looser sections that people can ask more Linux based questions, and I planned to post a lot of questions myself and let you guys n gals provide answers which anyone can see if they search or browse too. So that I think could be useful.

I really like the game reviews with rating system too, that would be very nice to have bookmarked

I forgot about that forum.

Now that these official OPT-endorsed forums are up, I'm here most of the time. Chat isn't really interesting, as the Pandora IRC channels seem to be also be dead last I saw.

Back