Think This Forum Needs A Massive Cleaning And Stricter Moderation

Too much pollution, missinformation and uninteresting posts?

• Yes, too much meaningless stuff and offtopic. It needs a lot of cleaning and stricter moderation.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it's good as it is. I like the contents of the forum.

• It just needs a little cleaning, but the forum is OK overall.

• I don't care.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

flatmush said:
"If you're stupid then don't get a pandora"
I think we finally have a viable Pandora company motto! Put it on every box! :D

As for the forum, it's not too bad really. I've seen far, far worse.

2 dynamics are at work. One is the long hard wait for Pandora's release, and the other is the occasional influx of newbies when Pandora makes the news at other sites.

Last edited by a moderator:
quasist said:
I hope that forum section will be totaly erased when pandora will repeat the XGP's fate
Could we start with doing something about this guy already? Not being interested in the Pandora, or outright hating it is is fine but I don't see why quasist has to constantly make posts like this as if it's ruining his life. The personal insults (like calling people anticipating the Pandora "fags") don't really help.

I agree - quasist deserves a ban for his constant belligerence and insulting other forum members IMO.

Prophet said:
I agree - quasist deserves a ban for his constant belligerence and insulting other forum members IMO.
+1

Quasist has made it clear that his only intention is to annoy other posters for his own amusement. He has nothing to contribute to the discussion and will not be missed. I realize he's a GP2X dev, but that shouldn't give you an unlimited license to troll.

Chip said:
Prophet said:
+1

Quasist has made it clear that his only intention is to annoy other posters for his own amusement. He has nothing to contribute to the discussion and will not be missed. I realize he's a GP2X dev, but that shouldn't give you an unlimited license to troll.

-1. Don't ban the guy, he can be annoying but meh, there are worse

-1 again then :)

If sam fisher can be banned for being right in an argument, I don't see why anybody would be safe from banning :p.

Orkie said:
If sam fisher can be banned for being right in an argument, I don't see why anybody would be safe from banning :p.
Pah! always thought you were on his side. ever loose a tester? :) :p

Orkie said:
And I thought he was just quiet studying for exams :p How long was he banned for?

On topic... I think that until its actually released, with a lack of firm news, if the moderators took a hard line, it would be pretty boring round here as there would be very few posts.

The forum's fine, everyone's just treading water in the lull between when the Pandora design was finalized and until it is available -- then we will see everything back to normal.

And yeah, quasist is mondo bizarro -- rarely have I seen such irrational hatred for an unreleased electronic device. It can't be good for you, quasist, a serious suggestion: see a therapist.

The mods really do need to start giving out temporary bans, i never see anyone get temporarily banned, the mods just wait and wait then one day snap and permaban some and it always comes as a shock... if someone is acting like an idiot, ban'em for a couple days, like a timeout for a child, ittl make them think before starting another thread but wont stop them from potentially contributing in the future. The problem will only get worse with all the noobs who will flood in when the pandora is released.

Orkie said:
Aye, a cruel world it is in which we live.

pandora said:
Orkie said:
Pah! always thought you were on his side. ever loose a tester? :) :p

He's not so much on my side as he is on the side of the standard model of physics. Wave superposition does occur, Warmfluffy did misinterprate what Magus meant but that is all in the past and I do no care any longer. I wished to continue developing for the GP2x but stopped due to this whole thing.

I contacted hando in hopes of being given another chance after a six month ban so that I can be part of the pandora community. However, he doesn't answer messages in any form, PM or IM. Maybe he is just ignoring only me? Whatever the reason, I cannot communicate with him.

Orkie said:
andyB911 said:
How long was he banned for?
Forever.

"Sam Fisher" is in the banned group. "Peter R" is banned until 1964....

atomicthumbs said:
Orkie said:
andyB911 said:
How long was he banned for?
Forever.

I'm starting to miss him :closedeyes:

Meh, you have become much less annoying over the past 2 months, as much as it pains me to say it.

Superpostion Of A Waveform said:
You misspelled your own nickname, when you registered :rolleyes:

Yeah, I had noticed that but I wasn't about to make another account just for that. I spelt it right in the post body atleast :p.

I'm banned and I certainly don't intend to use this account. I apologize for signing up, just wanted to get my 2 cents across, If a moderator could ban this account, probably to 1964, that would be great.

Superpostion Of A Waveform said:
Meh, you have become much less annoying over the past 2 months, as much as it pains me to say it.
Much like yourself after the first few years ;)

GunPei2X said:
And yeah, quasist is mondo bizarro -- rarely have I seen such irrational hatred for an unreleased electronic device. It can't be good for you, quasist, a serious suggestion: see a therapist.
This topic about "Massive Cleaning". I posted about the same thing

Just watching photo of my personal doctor made me content again
therapistqg2.th.jpg

But you should grew some herbs and raise your perception. (not a drug reccomedation, it's ADOM addict joke)

No offense intended to Timofonic, but he is probably one of the worst offenders when it comes to starting new topics which have probably been answered in one way or another elsewhere.

Back