Which System's Game Will You Play The Most ?

Between those supposedly newly or better emulated systems

• Commodore Amiga

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Super Nintendo

• Nintendo 64

• Sony Playstation

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Sega CD & 32X

• Atari Jaguar

• Nintendo Game Boy Advance

• IBM PC games (Dosbox...)

• Total voters

Clad

Website
www.magnetique.net
Here, the poll is a bit huge but I'm curious. Which new or better emulated system (I put SNES, SegaCD and GBA here, because everything isn't 100 fullspeed and playable on GP2X yet, even if it's very close) are you looking forward for the most ?

And which one do you think you'll enjoy the most playing with ? (will be interesting to see if it's one of those newly or better emulated systems or not)

I had to split the second question in two since the board won't let me post a poll with more than 15 answers. Please be honest and don't vote twice, if you voted on the pt 1 of the question, answer "I already answered in pt 1." in the pt 2. And vice versa.

Personally I'll be happy to have the Amiga emulated perfectly with keyboard and everything, but eventually the emulator I'll probably use the most will be the C64 one.

I want to say I'll spend most time on the SNES or the Amiga; there's so many games that I really do want to play on the one, and the other seems like it should house a wealth of games to discover properly - especially since Pandora has a keyboard to interact with them properly.

However, I'll definitely be working my way through my RPG collection on PSX, and I do like pretty graphics. And for long term, I figure if Dosbox actually gets better than it has been on the 2x (and oh my is should), I'll definitely re-visit the games of my youth. Especially if I can set it up such that any .exe I select would automatically get loaded in Dosbox, it's directory mounted as c:\dirname\, and a stock set of settings applied.

Now that would be awesome... would mean I might actually be able to have a crack at those adventure games that won't run in the interpreters properly - most notably, QFG 1, 3, 4 (VGA ones), EcoQuest 1, 2, and, possibly, Teenagent.

And maybe God of Thunder...

That's funny how more than half the people are waiting for the playstation. I never liked it, doesn't have any games that attract me (there is some decent RPG, but I'm not even close to having done all the good snes RPG anyway), and the graphics are plain ugly. (Why so much 3D games when the way the playstation render 3D is so ugly ? The only visually attractive games on the PS1 are the few made in 2D)

Since the games also takes way more space, I'm not even sure I'll try the PS1 emulator.

edit : damn, I just saw I even forgot to list the playstation on the "whole emulator list". Could an admin correct this ? And also add an option "Other/won't get a pandora" on the first question ?

I should have read the post before answering...

Anyway I'll play with almost everything there but- the top ten goes like this in order of interest:

PSX
Amiga
PC Engine
SNES
Megadrive/CD/32x
ST
GBA
N64
NES
ZX Spectrum

Well yeah the graphics are a bit jumpy, but on a small screen it ought to look nicer than ever! and well if it's not your cup of tea so be it. But I had over 120 games for it in the day, and I enjoyed all of them.
It will be cool going back to them because I haven't touched them in years.

I think DosBox will be more than enough for me as far as emulation goes - old PC games are the games I relate to most. I'm really looking forward to exclusive Pandora games though, be they freeware or commercial :)

So do I Alex, I only focus on emulators here, but I do expect a lot of nice homebrew games, as I enjoyed homebrew on GP32 and GP2X.

I'll probably write some too. I keep having ideas of games that would be fun to play, or of gameplay elements that I write down on a special notebook, now that I've found a language I can understand (Python !) without those nasty pointers I never fully understood, you can expect at least half a dozen of (hopefully) addictive games from me.

Very nice poll :)
Happy to see you have added the "Other not listed anywhere in the whole poll" option, because arcade emulation (MAME, NeoGeo, CPS1/2) aren't added.

Has there been a 32X emulator ported to device like this before? I hope Pandora is powerful enough to run a port of GENS or something.

My plan is to put native pandora games onto the internal storage - or at least any which are good, which obviosuly incudes anything that Alex comes up with, since they're always deserving of several positive superlatives. Native games get many more points simply because they feel purer, somehow.

Oh, it strikes me that GP32 might also be worth listing. With any luck, Squidge will be able to get Spot working properly on this machine, since it seems such a shame to let the GP32 stuff moulder when so much of it is so good...

DOSBox, Amiga, Super Nintendo, Genesis, and then maybe some PSX games if I can afford higher capacity SD's when it's released. DOSBox interests me the most, and then Amiga, simply because I am an insane DOS fan (my first videogames were played in DOS), and I want to fool around with Amiga because I never had a chance to when I was younger. Of course Genesis is a must for me because I'm such a huge Sonic fan. Super Nintendo is going to be great, I can't wait to finally finish Star Ocean and Seiken Densetsu on something partially designed for gaming.

Edit:
And maybe God of Thunder...

Thumbs up to that. I remember how hard some of those puzzles were when I was younger. Now they are super easy. I also didn't understand most of the jokes, now it's full of laughs. I can't wait to finally pass chapters two and three.

I'd see myself mostly playing the same stuff I did on my gp2x, except now it won't piss me off so much because of the horrible stick, poor battery life and lack of any form of sleep mode. So that'd be MD/Genesis, wouldn't mind giving MegaCD a shot, NES, a little SNES (very little), some SMS/GG as well. If PSX emulation reached 60 FPS in intensive games I think I'd give it a look (definitely need a beefier SD card for that though.....)

Besides that the newest thing I would like to SEE emulated is some semi modern arcade games. More 68000 based shooters, and maybe some fancier stuff that's 68020 or SH-2 based.... things like the Cave and Strikers 1945 series, stuff of that nature. I'm not sure if any of these got emulated on gp2x, but if they did, I imagine the performance wasn't very good.

Yes you are critically missing arcade emulators such as MAME, FBA, CPS2. This is where I have traditionally spent most of my time playing games.
All of these will be improved because there is always something that doesn't quite run fast enough.

MAME has massive potential on Pandora as much later versions will be able to run at good speed.

This is why I would buy Pandora.

I like a few number of games (especially first and second party ones), but I doubt I'll be playing them that much. The emulator isn't likely going to be up to scratch. Or at least not for a while.

slaanesh said:
Yes you are critically missing arcade emulators such as MAME, FBA, CPS2. This is where I have traditionally spent most of my time playing games.
All of these will be improved because there is always something that doesn't quite run fast enough.

MAME has massive potential on Pandora as much later versions will be able to run at good speed.

This is why I would buy Pandora.
MAME and arcade is pretty big on my list too. The speed will be great. Although I don't know how well titles like Donpachi, Ms Pac-man etc. will play on a clamshell design, those will be quite awkward.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought about it, but I don't know. When I look at the use of my GP2X I probably use it most for homebrew. The amazing stuff Senor Quack released, Sqdef, ScummVM etc.
I don't have one favorite system or emulator, love them all :)

Back