One day late but more goodies instead

Maybe bosbeetle's first broken Pandora went as a one nubber. Like I said before I doubt the legality of selling bosbeetle's RMAed Pandoras to someone else as new(or anyone's RMAed Pandora).

This time it just sounds like a LCD ribbon, why send him an entirely new Pandora when they could just replace the ribbon? It will slow down what goes out still as they are limited on ribbons as well but don't send him an entirely new Pandora, I don't want his old one after it's fixed as I'm sure no one does that ordered a new Pandora would. I'm sure the OP team will replace the broken part whatever it is and send him the same unit back this time.

Maybe bosbeetle's first broken Pandora went as a one nubber. Like I said before I doubt the legality of selling bosbeetle's RMAed Pandoras to someone else as new(or anyone's RMAed Pandora).

This time it just sounds like a LCD ribbon, why send him an entirely new Pandora when they could just replace the ribbon? It will slow down what goes out still as they are limited on ribbons as well but don't send him an entirely new Pandora, I don't want his old one after it's fixed as I'm sure no one does that ordered a new Pandora would. I'm sure the OP team will replace the broken part whatever it is and send him the same unit back this time.
I thought we talked about that whole refurbished thing. UK laws may be different than US laws though so *shugs*. refurbished pandoras are good candidates for donated dev pandoras as long as all hardware is functioning properly. or ebay ;) lol

Anyway, I imagine any limited quantity part would have the same (10% allocated to RMA) rule to it, if they took a ribbon cable that was originally slotted to go in the non-rma stockpile of pandoras someone's not getting their that otherwise would have. If it's something they aren't in short supply of, say cases or batteries for example, I don't see that being a show stopper part and could replace and ship without hurting normal production.

Last edited by a moderator:
I said that in my post, even if they only replace the ribbon it would still slow down what goes out as the team already stated they are short on ribbons but that would still be better than sending him an entirely new unit. People still assume that new units go to those that have broken nubs or faulty ribbons so I just thought if it is brought up someone from the OP team would correct us one way or the other. I'm sure that the broken units don't go out as new when they're fixed though but I'm not sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last time I heard, it was possible to use RMAed devices after having been repaired as replacement devices for future RMAs. While supplying brand new devices to people currently waiting for repair would mean less new customers being satisfied and Craig being left with a bunch of devices waiting for repair, I think that people who received defective Pandoras should be sorted out first. I've never had a Pandora, so I've not lost anything other than a few pennies of interest on my order money. People who tasted the sweet, sweet nectar and then lost it have lost more.

Well, if I get my Pandora and I have even the slightest idea of it being a secondhand unit, it goes back immediately and I will also ask for a refund. I did not wait over two and a half years for a secondhand product to be honest. Sending out new units to people with problems is completely OK, as long as future customers are not effected by this. Putting the repaired units on eBay is something else, and is fair to everyone. Then the customer gets a new unit and OpenPandora gets more money for a secondhand unit, and everybody will be happy.

But sending out visibly secondhand units as new is really something which I personally have a problem with. However, I never heard that this happened with OpenPandora until now.

It puzzles me too. Why would you suggest that the Pandora team send out "second hand" units, Wootson?

If you are talking about the RMA ones Wootson, I am pretty confident that the team would repair their pandoras and return them to the original owners. Most of the RMAs, as far as I know, is the display ribbon cable and the Nubs. Both can be easily replaced, assuming one has the parts.

I've never had a Pandora, so I've not lost anything other than a few pennies of interest on my order money. People who tasted the sweet, sweet nectar and then lost it have lost more.
...thats how I am feeling... And a one nub pandora isn't a real pandora too me. The few time I had it I used it a lot, but it was immediatly replaced by my WiZ again as the left nub broke. I stopped believing that anything thats supposed to happen "soon" will happen before next christmas - and so goes the thing with "ERSA".

I think a few people don't understand what the meaning is of "until now". By this I mean I haven't heard of this up until the moment of writing, without any future visions of doom.

You need to read what someone writes, not paste your own thoughts on top of something.

I think a few people don't understand what the meaning is of "until now". By this I mean I haven't heard of this up until the moment of writing, without any future visions of doom.

You need to read what someone writes, not paste your own thoughts on top of something.
In general English, when someone says "...until now" it usually means that it wasn't true, but something has happened just now (or recently) that makes it true.

"There has never been a taco so spicy it literally set your mouth on fire, until now!" an advertisement might say. "I'd never eaten an entire cake before now" you might claim after your birthday. And so on and so forth.

If nothing has changed, the "until now" is superfluous; no need to say it, just "I have never seen such a thing". You add the "until now" and it implies there is something different between now and before now.

As way of demonstration, consider the following sentence: "I never heard this happened with OpenPandora until ED's last video". See the implied statement that something in ED's last video changed things? Exact same, except it is not something in the past (ED's last video) but something that has just happened now.

Wait, is this another one of those before/until things that cause problems between English and German speaking people?

In general English, when someone says "...until now" it usually means that it wasn't true, but something has happened just now (or recently) that makes it true.

"There has never been a taco so spicy it literally set your mouth on fire, until now!" an advertisement might say. "I'd never eaten an entire cake before now" you might claim after your birthday. And so on and so forth.

If nothing has changed, the "until now" is superfluous; no need to say it, just "I have never seen such a thing". You add the "until now" and it implies there is something different between now and before now.

As way of demonstration, consider the following sentence: "I never heard this happened with OpenPandora until ED's last video". See the implied statement that something in ED's last video changed things? Exact same, except it is not something in the past (ED's last video) but something that has just happened now.

Wait, is this another one of those before/until things that cause problems between English and German speaking people?

Hard to say as you're replying to a Dutchman.

I think he meant to say that "up till now" there were none. I wonder how much good nitpicking about English grammar will do on a forum international users use. In general the level of mastery of writing correct English is already horrible on a forum almost exclusively used by English speakers.

Well anyway, Merry Christmas everyone!

The "until now" examples have nothing to do with my sentence. In my opinion the sentence is pretty perfect and has nothing to do with Dutch and English being mixed. People just read something and paste something on top, that's it. If something didn't happen until now, and the future aspect is not being handled in the sentence, then that future aspect is completely open. It's about how people read it, not what is being written, and has everything to do with a lot of doomsday-thinkers here on the boards.

To make it perfectly clear what I mean:

Until now nothing has happened in regards to RMA Pandora's been send off to new customers. And I hope it also won't happen in the future.

The "until now" examples have nothing to do with my sentence. In my opinion the sentence is pretty perfect and has nothing to do with Dutch and English being mixed. People just read something and paste something on top, that's it. If something didn't happen until now, and the future aspect is not being handled in the sentence, then that future aspect is completely open. It's about how people read it, not what is being written, and has everything to do with a lot of doomsday-thinkers here on the boards.

To make it perfectly clear what I mean:

Until now nothing has happened in regards to RMA Pandora's been send off to new customers. And I hope it also won't happen in the future.

On a purely grammatical level WizardStan is correct. The way you built the sentence pretty much implies what he stated in his post.

But if we all start nitpicking everything instead of trying to understand what the other means it's going to be tough to discuss anything on an international forum. So I agree with you that people should try to focus in what is being said instead of what they want to read.

Off to some Xmas food. Merry Christmas!!

I've become accustomed to EvilDragon's misuse of 'until', but I took Wootson's post at its literal meaning - that Wootson heard that OpenPandora was sending out used Pandoras as new.

As far as I know, some units were shipped with boards that had been repaired, but the nubs and cases were new.

Ok Christmas is over, dit whe have some News about the 350 Boards?, Are they in England but because of the Snowcaos and his cold Craigix wasnt enable to pik them up???, Hows the Wheather in UK?

Ok Christmas is over, dit whe have some News about the 350 Boards?, Are they in England but because of the Snowcaos and his cold Craigix wasnt enable to pik them up???, Hows the Wheather in UK?
where i am in Yorkshire it is no longer snowing very icy but there has been snow in America from what I know..... whos to say?

Back