[ New Pandora Use ] 3doh, 3DO emulator

We'll test when I'm on the bus going home :)  Quick question though:  Can I put ISOs anywhere I want or it has to be in appdata/3doh/games folder?  My main card where appdata resides is full.

Last edited by a moderator:
We'll test when I'm on the bus going home :)  Quick question though:  Can I put ISOs anywhere I want or it has to be in appdata/3doh/games folder?  My main card where appdata resides is full.
It has to be in games folder, because the emulator itself is not flexible right now :)

I'll try to improve that :)

Overclocked to 1.20GHz, op_sysspeed set to 465:

• Road Rash, managed to finish first.  Started out slow, but as the game went on it got a little better.  Sound stuttered badly.
  • FIFA 1994, managed to score a goal.  Slow. Sound suttered the same.
  • Gex, playable but slow as well.  Sound stutter the same.
  • Need for Speed, playable but very slow.  Sound stutters the same.
Buttons mapping work nicely on Pandora :)

Good first try.  Some frameskipping may make it run better and less sound stuttering I guess.

I just love the way the 3DO games look :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Good first try.  Some frameskipping may make it run better and less sound stuttering I guess.
Thanks for testing :)

I have already asked the author for some frameskipping function, but since his work is based on another emulator it's not straightforward to modify the original code it seems. There is something else I can try as well to speed things a little. 

Thanks Ekianjo for porting a 3do emulator, remind me High School when my friend had one...

Anyway, don't know what i am doing wrong but something obviously because you guys managed to play Gex, Road Rash, Need for speed or fifa but so far i can only run Flashback.

If i tried to start any other iso, i just came back to desktop.

I changed bios file, i tried to delete appdata but still exact same results.

The name of the iso and cue files must be short and one word.  For example you need to rename "Need for Speed" to "NeedforSpeed".  Also all of these have to be in /pandora/appdata/3doh/games directory

Merci Shenmue

That was because of the space between words... I thought of shortening rom title but i still left spaces...

Anyway, that's work and for a alpha version that's promising

I will upload a new version soon, with some speed improvements (videos in game now ALMOST full speed at 1200 Mhz on 1Ghz Pandora), and more smooth experience in-game. Still not full speed yet, but getting a bit closer. 

How does this emulator work?

Is it optimized for ARM devices?

As I see (didn't know the console before) the 3DO had a ARM processor just like the pandora. Gpsp run quite fast on the GP2X, because of GBA and GP2X using ARM cpus. So maybe the same approach could give good results. :)

As I see (didn't know the console before) the 3DO had a ARM processor just like the pandora. Gpsp run quite fast on the GP2X, because of GBA and GP2X using ARM cpus. So maybe the same approach could give good results.
I dont think the ARM processor is the only thing that makes it easy to emulate. There's a number of other things inside the beast :) The CPU is only one part of it.  

Wow! How did you do it so quickly?
I didnt do it, (I assume you are talking about the improvements), I have simply been in touch with the original author, who started implementing some ARM specific code to speed things up a little. All credits to him !

I think gpsp doesn't use a lot of the arm capabilities of the arm devices it runs on. It was originally released for the psp, a mips based console.

It has a very good recompiler though.

Back