Release PND management suite

Create a default config file. The application defaults to windowed if there's no config file to tell it otherwise.

Great that you got it running. Sorry if I haven't been very quick to respond :)

Where is it supposed to be ?

Np to not responding fast, i just HATE you ;^).

Last edited by a moderator:
LInux-SWAT: $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/panorama/core.conf. It's created with default values when you first run pndmanager.

PokeParadox: No idea. haven't had any problems myself. Any specific package or something?

Nothing specific, I simply cannot comment and cannot rate... it just gives me the spinny circle... No matter how long I leave it it never manages the comment...

I'll see if the run log gives anything away.

So it worked, but under a certain condition.

I installed it without any --prefix= , then recompiled with the prefix as /usr . I installed without cleaning the other install.

I had this problem :

Code:
$ /usr/bin/panorama

QGtkStyle was unable to detect the current GTK+ theme.

Settings are saved in "/home/me/settings.cfg"

file:///usr/bin/interfaces/PNDManager/ui.qml: File not found

I copied the right ui.qml into /usr/bin/interfaces/PNDManager, which is dirty, but it worked.

I redone the install on a fresh Slackware, but only with the prefixed install.

Now it does not work anymore.

Hm. I've only compiled monolithic versions for PND deployment (add -DPANDORA to cmake flags) for some time, so there's a possibility the regular compile/install is not up to scratch. As far as I know installing has worked before for Panorama (which is the UI platform used by PNDManager), so it sounds strange that it wouldn't work now. In monolithic compiles the interfaces dir is of course right next to the executable, which it seems to assume in your case. You could do a monolithic build, stick that to /usr/share/pndmanager or something and just symlink to the executable from /usr/bin. It's a bit less ugly hack than adding stuff to /usr/bin.

The whole interface/ link did the trick with the prefixed version.

I really don't know why i just copied the ui.qml :) .

Thx.

I just noticed that PNDManager is listed as being under a CC license (CC BY-SA). I don't know if this was your doing or if it was inherited by a program you incorporated into PNDManager, but whoever did this really needs to fix this. Using CC BY-SA in particular is a bad idea for software because CC BY-SA is incompatible with the GNU GPL.

Used under Slackware (compiled from sources), settings.cfg appears in user's home.

How should i make it appear as .settings.cfg ? (or a better .config/pndmanager/settings.cfg)

I just noticed that PNDManager is listed as being under a CC license (CC BY-SA). I don't know if this was your doing or if it was inherited by a program you incorporated into PNDManager, but whoever did this really needs to fix this. Using CC BY-SA in particular is a bad idea for software because CC BY-SA is incompatible with the GNU GPL.

What's the problem with it? The world does not revolve around GNU. And it is an open source license that permits modification and redistribution. What's your problem with it?

What's the problem with it? The world does not revolve around GNU. And it is an open source license that permits modification and redistribution. What's your problem with it?

There's no ethical problem with it, but it's just not a practical license for software. The world not revolving around GNU doesn't matter; free/libre/open-source software almost always uses the GNU GPL or GNU LGPL, with a few of them using more permissive licenses.

Namely, the license prevents PNDManager from being combined with much free/libre/open-source software at all, except for linking to libraries under the GNU LGPL. It's a weakness that just doesn't need to be there.

CC licenses are also not designed for software. They are designed for art.

Back