[New Pandora Use] "nCalendar" - CalDAV-client

Nilsnsn

Hej,

my entry for his competition will be a calendar app. I always missed CalDAV-support in all the other calendars/PIMs, so this will be the main feature. The plan is to have everything readable and editable in an offline cache and syncing with a server when available. I'll be working mostly with owncloud as server using libical and libcaldav.

Currently i'm working on the binding between lazarus and the c libraries and i already have some early GUI to present and edit events. You will get more details (and pics) in the next days.

finally!

wonderfull Nilsnsn

I`m looking forward to test

Last edited by a moderator:
Oooh, I haven't touched my PIM in an age, so I'm looking forward to this.

Will it be possible to run on Windows?

Sourceforge says no on the libraries, i haven't tested that yet. Maybe i will, since my gui is cross-platform. But i also guess there are several (better) clients out there for windows...

Hmm.. looks like you'll get competition there. My PIM is ready to release and i have already implemented a syncing feature..

http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/14305-whats-everyone-working-on-these-days/page-4#entry287052/URL]
Hmm, must have missed that. Does "syncing feature" mean CalDAV?

Sourceforge says no on the libraries, i haven't tested that yet. Maybe i will, since my gui is cross-platform. But i also guess there are several (better) clients out there for windows...
Actually, I've been unable to find a single stand-alone CalDAV client for Windows. The old Mozilla one has been pulled and they're telling you to use a plugin for Thunderbird - which is a mail client.

Hei Nilsnsn,

something new here? I do not hope you dropped your efforts!

Marry Christmas to all!

No, still working on it, but haven't found a lot of time. But i have a little sceenshot of the gui. It displays only dummy data till now, but it gives you a hint what it will look like.

131225-090923-crop0.png

Great to hear.
I would love to see a day/month selection (XYAB- buttons?)
and because of the small screen a kind of popup function for each event (D-Pad or cursor-over?) to expand the event-description

so that it`s not necessary to open it each time for a full view.

excited to test a first version

just as hint... I don`t know if that helps... once I had Iceowl running under slackware. It worked very well but not slack ;)

Hej folks,

just to let you know: Unfortunately i didn't have and propaply won't find a lot of time these days for coding. So if i'm going to release something for the compo, it will be last minute. If not, i certainly won't abandon the project, but work later on it.

Back