New copper cases are finally being assembled

And an Advice on how to easely close the Batterie Lid: Put the Batterie in the Lid, dont try to put the Batterie in the Batterie Compartment, it dos not work as there is not enough room to hinge..
I will attach my Video when im at home, on my Workplace the Internet is Awefull..

zombie.jpeg

Neeeewwwssss.......

Hello all,

I too wouldn't mind some news post :)

This thread started ~6 months ago...

EDIT: specifically, I'd like some news about:

- State of Debian Linux: what's the default distribution now ? Debian 10 (oldoldstable), Debian 11 (oldstable), Debian 12 (stable) ?
- News about the new CPU board
- News about the new case
- News about HDMI out
- News about sound output through headset
- News about 4G capabilities / GPS

EDIT #2: I see there are Debian 12 images ready :) I'll give them a try ASAP !

Cheers, Magic Sam

Last edited:
There is no news when there's no progress...

- State of Debian Linux:
*Debian 10 Buster is still the most stable OS at the moment.
- News about the new CPU board:
What I recall is that there will be no work on a new CPU board in the near future.
- News about the new case:
The "new" cases are already being used for new Pyras. Maybe the next units get some manual reworking for the battery lid.
- News about HDMI out:
No one works on it currently. You can theoretically test HDMI out with Linux-SWAT's Slackware port, but the link is still dead -_-
- News about sound output through headset:
There has been done a lot of work on the AESS sound driver with some great progress in the last years but it's still not working. This driver certainly will solve the headset issue but I think there's no active work on it at the moment.
- News about 4G capabilities / GPS:
No one works on it currently.

EDIT #2: I see there are Debian 12 images ready :) I'll give them a try ASAP !
The first Bookworm image for use on SD card was dropped 2023-06-12 without providing any information.
Now an install image emerged 2024-03-23. Since it's still with the prefix 1, I assume the only difference is that it installs the OS on the EMMC. If I assume correctly, then *

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong in any point :)

Reactions: rSl
There is no news when there's no progress
Units, albeit perhaps a scant few, have been built and dispatched.

I think the main news we want to hear is how that progress is going, and when the backlog of orders is likely to be cleared (or not).

Although I do understand that this answer may yet be unknowable...

@jedi23 : I managed to install Debian 12 "Bookworm" on the Pyra :) Only one hard crash so far (just after running apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade).

Are @aTc and @hns still in charge of the OS ? I'd like to report some bugs ;)

Cheers, Magic Sam

@jedi23 : I managed to install Debian 12 "Bookworm" on the Pyra :) Only one hard crash so far (just after running apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade).

Are @aTc and @hns still in charge of the OS ? I'd like to report some bugs ;)

Cheers, Magic Sam
Yes, just let me know what the issues are in the bugtracker section of the forum. (although most likely I already know about them, but just haven't got around to fixing it)

i'm not sure if i like the look of the copper anymore. too blingy

(und auch nicht so gut fur diskrete taschenbilliard)

Hello all,

Regarding my question about GPS, I started looking into it:

The modem inside my Pyra (EU 4G) should be some PLS8-E: https://pyra-handheld.com/wiki/index.php?title=Modem

"dmesg" knows about the LTE Modem on usb 1-2.3.

"lsusb" reports a Gemalto M2M GmbH ALSx PLSx LTE modem on bus 001, device 003

I installed the gpsd suite and will try to poke around soon :)

Cheers, Magic Sam

Back