New copper cases are finally being assembled

Well I have not as yet received received my Pyra, so if I can, I would love to change my order from Black to Copper. Looks beautiful.

Well I have not as yet received received my Pyra, so if I can, I would love to change my order from Black to Copper. Looks beautiful.
Did you already finish you preorder? As I'm currently shipping the last currently ordered black units at the moment.
If you didn't finish your order yet, you can choose any color in the future :)

Hey Ed, how did you go with trying to automate that coating removal around the battery cover on your CNC?

Hi! I made an order for a Pyra handheld on 30-08-2017 and I am unable to check the status of my order. I have also tried to reach pyra _at_ dragonbox.de via email. The order reference is abc. Can someone please help me understand what the status of this one is?
You should receive an email when you're next in queue. Until then you won't be able to find anything in the status check, and it will be still some considerable time before yours will be next in line. I ordered a year earlier and don't expect anything until well into next year - according to discord 10 units were built and shipped out last month, and there are still 500 or so in the backlog (at a guess)...

Last edited:
I find it quite interesting how different groups of Preeorderers are: Im currently on the GPD Win Mini Preeorder since End Oktober, and i cant wait ^^ even though its will get delivered mid next month, on Pyra whe are much more patience..
(im just a tiny bit of a Traitor: Im planing still to make Pyra Video and test stuff, the last 2 Months where just a bit too busy)..
I have now a tiny Backpack i bough for these Weekend Hikes and for my Garden Chill Sessions, and it should fit Ipad, Powerbank, Switch Lite, Pyra and Win Mini whit ease ^^

I don't work here and don't know how it all goes, but I think noone should post the order reference anywhere public. Now others could hijack your preorder. I suggest you edit your post to delete dthe code, and @ClockworkCoder does the same in the quote. IT may be too late, but at least not to expose it any longer.

@EvilDragon - Is it possible to order a new heatsink (I modified it beyond reprieve) and a copper case for my Pyra. I’m happy to order a new Prototype case as well, but I’ve broken every battery clip on all of my case sets and would like to see if the updated case has any better longevity.

Thank you!

@EvilDragon - Is it possible to order a new heatsink (I modified it beyond reprieve) and a copper case for my Pyra. I’m happy to order a new Prototype case as well, but I’ve broken every battery clip on all of my case sets and would like to see if the updated case has any better longevity.

Thank you!
What did you do and was it effective?

I wonder who will be my successor for Pyra Videos now that much more Pyrae are out in the wild ^^, New Pyra Owners might also be much better at speak and play on Camera..

Did you already finish you preorder? As I'm currently shipping the last currently ordered black units at the moment.
If you didn't finish your order yet, you can choose any color in the future :)
I don't remember what color I picked in the survey but if we're that close to shipping all of them I think I should have gotten my preorder email? I don't want to turn this thread into another "Should I have received my final order eMail already?" thread but my order confirmation email says "Placed on 05/1/2016 20:21:45".

Trezker: I sent you a message about the battery cover plate tightness on Copper Pyra's.

Got my Copper Pyra 2 days before 2023 ended.
Copper painted Pyra is really distinctive. Still getting used to the non-keyboard shortcut commands, haven't decided if I want to use bullseye or bookworm as primary Pyra OS image yet.

Trezker: I sent you a message about the battery cover plate tightness on Copper Pyra's.

Copper painted Pyra is really distinctive. Still getting used to the non-keyboard shortcut commands, haven't decided if I want to use bullseye or bookworm as primary Pyra OS image yet.

Great to hear. Got any pic's for us?

Hi Morrowmech, do you mind sharing when you ordered? My preorder was on 1st May 2016 @ 12:45:27 which feels so close to completion that I can almost smell it!

Hi Morrowmech, do you mind sharing when you ordered? My preorder was on 1st May 2016 @ 12:45:27 which feels so close to completion that I can almost smell it!
I was a lazy pre-preorder who only finalized the order in February 2023.

Great to hear. Got any pic's for us?
I'll have some pics for you by tomorrow afternoon.

Back