N64 On Gp2x ??

and the loading!!!!!

I imagine that 2d N64/PSX games would be possible, but it would take some wonder coding to get 3d...from the 2x specs ive seen.

Were they to do a Gizmondo and bolt a 3d gpu on then maybe...

Alucard posted on Sep 9 2005 at 09:04 PM said:
As I plan to get both PSP and GP2X (although I can't really afford them):

How about N64 on PSP? Do you think that's possible (and playable)?

Maybe more likely as the CPU in the PSP is MIPs and the N64 was MIPs as well. The problem would be making the PSP's 3D GPU mimic an n64 GPU, that would be the hitch there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you think a Xbox 360 emulator would be possible on the GP2X, A bit of Oblivion or PDZ on the move would be coooooool

jk! put the rifles down!

you know if you really wanted to play mario kart or goldeneye that badly on the go, you could just play mario kart(snes) or goldeneye(doom wad)

DaveC posted on Sep 9 2005 at 06:13 PM said:
Alucard posted on Sep 9 2005 at 09:04 PM said:
As I plan to get both PSP and GP2X (although I can't really afford them):

How about N64 on PSP? Do you think that's possible (and playable)?

Maybe more likely as the CPU in the PSP is MIPs and the N64 was MIPs as well. The problem would be making the PSP's 3D GPU mimic an n64 GPU, that would be the hitch there.

Yeah and there's still that pesky controller issue.

Alpha2 posted on Sep 10 2005 at 02:58 AM said:
Three years ago I completed "Ocarina of Time" on UltraHLE with a Playstation-controller attached to my PC - it was very playable! The dualshock-controller had enough buttons - and I didn't use the right analog stick.

I remember back then my configuration was:
left analog stick: analog stick
R2: Z-Trigger
X: B-Button
O: A-Button
Square+Triangle+R1+L1: C-Buttons
Start: Start
digi-pad LEFT: L-Button
digi-pad RIGHT: R-Button

The only thing worse than playing it originally on my N64 were the lighting effects when looking directly at the sun - because there weren't any on UltraHLE...

@DaveC: Thanks for the info. Do you think the GPU could be emulated so well that the games could run at stable 30 fps?

Alucard posted on Sep 10 2005 at 10:57 AM said:
Alpha2 posted on Sep 10 2005 at 02:58 AM said:
Three years ago I completed "Ocarina of Time" on UltraHLE with a Playstation-controller attached to my PC - it was very playable! The dualshock-controller had enough buttons - and I didn't use the right analog stick.

I remember back then my configuration was:
left analog stick: analog stick
R2: Z-Trigger
X: B-Button
O: A-Button
Square+Triangle+R1+L1: C-Buttons
Start: Start
digi-pad LEFT: L-Button
digi-pad RIGHT: R-Button

The only thing worse than playing it originally on my N64 were the lighting effects when looking directly at the sun - because there weren't any on UltraHLE...

@DaveC: Thanks for the info. Do you think the GPU could be emulated so well that the games could run at stable 30 fps?

If I gave you a definate answer on the PSP I would be lying. I don't know. I would GUESS no but I don't know that hardware very well. Someone that programs it would have a better idea.

There's no doubt that some games would still be playable I can get plenty of milage out of racing games or 2D action games but not all of them will have the same ease, or atleast not comfortably. Try playing Sin and Punishment or Starfox 64 and you'll see what I mean. You might be able to find enough buttons on a PS2 style controller but their placement will be akward. (it's also 2 buttons more than the PSP has.)

I can't say that I'd enjoy playing OOT with the controls you mentioned.

Back