Mupen64Plus

This is amazing... Thanks Ari64! Personally, I'm not a huge fan of N64, but to see such dedication is impressive. To see the community all pitching in like this brings a tear to my eye.

This is turning into a 'thank you' thread and I am not helping.

Thank you very much developers for your time and effort.

That said, I hope you guys find a more effective place to exchange ideas. Maybe setup a git hub? Also the IRC channels can use some excitement.

CHEERS!

Great, i'll try to work on it soon as possible. The problem is my dev computer (a dell xps 1330) just die (the nvidia card i bet) but dell is very reactive so it should be back very soon :)

Pickle said:
Cpas.
my changes are at pickle.gp2x.de/mupen.zip
The changes are mainly changes to the makefiles and the osd files.
You should be able to change the PREFIX var i put in pre.mk and it should compile.
I turned off GTK and QT4, I didnt see them necessary for what we want to achieve in the short term, and plus it makes it easier to compile. I also hacked around some checks to get things to work quicker, i.e. pkg-config part.

I didnt include the blight plugin, but make this change to compile this tool thats needed during the build process:
Code:
ttftoh: ttftoh.o
    gcc $^ -o $@
ifneq ($(OS), WINDOWS)
    strip $@
endif

ttftoh.o: ttftoh.c
    gcc -o $@ -O3 -c $<

The N64gl also has these flags:
Code:
USES_QT4 = false
USES_GTK2 = false

Thats a far as Ive gotten. I noticed the N64gl is using SDL to init opengl, maybe we can use SDL13 +nanogl? Nanogl just needs it's init function called, but im sure you know that.

Last edited by a moderator:
We'll see stuff when it's ready. No point in asking or rushing them, it won't get us pictures sooner. I'm sure they'll wait until they have something really impressive to show.

Vorporeal said:
We'll see stuff when it's ready. No point in asking or rushing them, it won't get us pictures sooner. I'm sure they'll wait until they have something really impressive to show.

However, given the fact that cpa, pickle, exophase and zodttd have all expressed an interest either through providing feedback or actual help, I'd say we can be assured that this is in good hands, so we shouldn't panic. I can't help but wonder if strmnnrmn is working on the daedalus port (he posted a blog message around the turn of the year of a port that he's keeping the target platform a secret on), and if so, if he's abandoning it now.

anexanhume said:
Vorporeal said:

However, given the fact that cpa, pickle, exophase and zodttd have all expressed an interest either through providing feedback or actual help, I'd say we can be assured that this is in good hands, so we shouldn't panic. I can't help but wonder if strmnnrmn is working on the daedalus port (he posted a blog message around the turn of the year of a port that he's keeping the target platform a secret on), and if so, if he's abandoning it now.

Agreed. Even if he was planning on porting Daedalus to iPhone, it would probably be pointless now, as there's a full ARM dynarec and work being done on OGLES2.0 accelerated video plugins.

Unfortunately, it's for sure that strmnnrmn never had Pandora in mind in the first place.

But this project restored my enthusiasm for the project and got rid of any thoughts I had of canceling my order.

midna25 said:
Unfortunately, it's for sure that strmnnrmn never had Pandora in mind in the first place.

But this project restored my enthusiasm for the project and got rid of any thoughts I had of canceling my order.

I did not know that. Still, if ARM was his target platform, we would have reaped the benefit.

borgqueenx said:
any more info and updates cpasjuste or pickle or someone else?
Please i'm destroying the F5 button here!

I've bookmarked this thread and visit it every 20minuets or so.

Yeah, i also visit this thread many times during the day, but we have to wait, it's a very ambicious proyect and it will take time to get it finished... perhaps by pandora launch we could see a slow emulator :rolleyes:

easy, guys. Both pickle and cpas told they can't work on it for a while. It's not like you have your pandoras laying around, waiting for the emu ^^

Yeah please be patient, and setup your forum settings for thread reply notification.
I have gotten something to compile for the glN64 video driver, but I not confident that it will work. I have to add something SDL 1.3 things to it at least. I had to hack some changes in into it to get it to compile too, like glvertex4f to glvertex3f.
Im looking at the rice_video now, i know at least right now its requiring gtk devel files to be present, so I will have to get those to keep going. This also uses SDL, so if switched to SDL 1.3 it would need a little work.
But my progress my be slower than normal, I must have caught a food bug from last night, as I puked up early this morning, I will spare everyone from the details, but basically im tired (but feeling better)
I dont know if cpas or anyone else had made progress.

I have this thread setup for per-reply notifications to track progress, but the massive amount of pointless comments or replies of people trying to be funny is becoming a neusense, hence my earlier comment to split threads.

Just bookmark the Beta Testing subforum. You can then just check the subforum occasionally to look for new posts, and click the "View unread posts" button if there are.

Pickle said:
Yeah please be patient, and setup your forum settings for thread reply notification.
I have gotten something to compile for the glN64 video driver, but I not confident that it will work. I have to add something SDL 1.3 things to it at least. I had to hack some changes in into it to get it to compile too, like glvertex4f to glvertex3f.
Im looking at the rice_video now, i know at least right now its requiring gtk devel files to be present, so I will have to get those to keep going. This also uses SDL, so if switched to SDL 1.3 it would need a little work.
But my progress my be slower than normal, I must have caught a food bug from last night, as I puked up early this morning, I will spare everyone from the details, but basically im tired (but feeling better)
I dont know if cpas or anyone else had made progress.
FYI: glN64 has no frameskip option currently, which will probably be necessary on the Pandora. I'm seeing the r4300i emulation using 50-75% of the CPU time, audio 10-20%, so that doesn't leave much for graphics. I haven't tried overclocking to see how far I can push it.

Also, the audio output is a bit glitchy, and will block the process from time to time. If you see the CPU usage at less than 100% then this is probably what's happening. So you might want to disable the audio plugin for now.

Back