Release Mupen64Plus 2.2

I think the old plugin was built before framebuffer access via eglport was available. I could be wrong, but it could have used another method.

Probably using eglports framebuffer features should not be used.

i've skimmed over the gles2 framebuffer/opengl code but couldnt find anything from just looking at it.

only one suspect, but that was also within the 1.5 code, the depthbuffer attachment format uses the 24_oes extension, which i'm not sure is available on the pandora. the sgx supports it on the iphone so i think i'm just wrong.

i've skimmed over the gles2 framebuffer/opengl code but couldnt find anything from just looking at it.

only one suspect, but that was also within the 1.5 code, the depthbuffer attachment format uses the 24_oes extension, which i'm not sure is available on the pandora. the sgx supports it on the iphone so i think i'm just wrong.
Yes, I have seen that. But the attachment looks correct, there is not trace in the log stating Incomplete attachment or something like that :(

I can try some compilation with no OES extension for the Depth Buffer, just to be sure...

and another idea...

since the renderer changes culling dynamically you cant be sure what cull mode is active when the framebuffer gets rendered. so it could just be that culling is wrong at that time.

so a glDisable(GL_CULL_FACE); could be worth a try. and a OGL_UpdateCullFace afterwards to restore it...

to check if the framebuffer gets drawn you could just change the default fragment shader to output a plain color instead of the texture. just replace

gl_FragColor = texture2D(uTex, vTexCoord)

with something like this

gl_FragColor = vec4(1,0,0,1)

Last edited by a moderator:
I downloaded the latest version but it wont startup while the other version works?

EDIT...When i look with file manager the muppen pnd give a paper icon while the others give the right icons

I downloaded the latest version but it wont startup while the other version works?

EDIT...When i look with file manager the muppen pnd give a paper icon while the others give the right icons
Looks like a bad download. Download it again...

I will look at this, as it is a very demanded feature. Not sure yet on how it worked on the 1.5 version, so that need some work.
If you get that working (with scaling to fullscreen 800x480 too) I'll definitely be downloading it again :)

Sticking with the old Mupen64 for now though.

D.
It should scale to 640x480 not 800x480 as N64 games were in 4:3 aspect ratio.  The pandora screen has a 5:3 aspect ratio so to make a N64 game fill the screen it would be stretched and wrong.

Some people like extra Fat Mario...

Who am I to judge.

I'm still hoping one of these updates will allow easy access to upscaled 320x240 screenmodes?

and another idea...

since the renderer changes culling dynamically you cant be sure what cull mode is active when the framebuffer gets rendered. so it could just be that culling is wrong at that time.

so a glDisable(GL_CULL_FACE); could be worth a try. and a OGL_UpdateCullFace afterwards to restore it...

to check if the framebuffer gets drawn you could just change the default fragment shader to output a plain color instead of the texture. just replace

gl_FragColor = texture2D(uTex, vTexCoord)

with something like this

gl_FragColor = vec4(1,0,0,1)
Sooo.

I tried the "red" shader... And I have a red box ?!!! So that mean the framebuffer stays black??? (or the default shader is faulty)....

I'll recompile the plugin with maximum verbose level and see if something usefull popsup. And then, if nothing if show, I'll add a few trace on the FB creation...

I will look at this, as it is a very demanded feature. Not sure yet on how it worked on the 1.5 version, so that need some work.
If you get that working (with scaling to fullscreen 800x480 too) I'll definitely be downloading it again :)

Sticking with the old Mupen64 for now though.

D.
 It should scale to 640x480 not 800x480 as N64 games were in 4:3 aspect ratio.  The pandora screen has a 5:3 aspect ratio so to make a N64 game fill the screen it would be stretched and wrong.
Yes, I'm aware of that. I play my N64 games (both of them, on original hardware) on my widescreen TV so I'm quite used to it. And believe me, I know and understand exactly what I'm asking.

In fact, what I'm asking is that the new version of Mupen64 is made to run as well as the old version, which it currently fails at. When the new version can do all the old could, I'll be upgrading. I'd even go so far as to implementing a decent GUI instead of that awful launcher it uses now.

D.

I'd even go so far as to implementing a decent GUI instead of that awful launcher it uses now.
Ouch! Should i even ask what you would change/improve ;-)
pickle.png

Thank you ptitSeb et al.

For those wondering; if the framebuffer is implemented in GLES2NES then it will likley be configurable between 640 for 4:3 and 800 for fat mario.

ZX,

The devs are trying to work things out for everyone. Constructive criticism is fine. No need for the disparaging remarks.

Sooo.

I tried the "red" shader... And I have a red box ?!!! So that mean the framebuffer stays black??? (or the default shader is faulty)....
So it mean the SGX doesnt have that texture to show probably (or the shader failed to compile silently)
Hum, I finaly have some picture showing!!! (not well centered and a bit croped, but I was expecting that), and with big pixel!

The issue was, when creating the FrameBuffer, before attaching the Texture2D, you have to unbind the Texture2D (or you have some silent failure).

Will continue to work on that tomorrow...

Back