Release ManiaDrive

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
Here is ManiaDrive, the opensource Trackmania clone.

preview1.png
Another one with gl4es :) .

https://www.youtube.com/embed/9hSh_mQR9xo?feature=oembed
A video of the gameplay ont the Pandora by IngoReis.

The editor isn't include (ok, in fact, it is, but I didn't put any menu shortcut because I'm not sure it works, but for a try, mount the PND and use runeditor.sh, but you are on your own).

The speed is very good (between 40 to 60 fps on a Gigahertz), but I disabled the smoke from the exhaust of the engine (in the code), and I put Shadow of by default. You can activate the Shadows, but you probably need a Gigahertz to keep playable FPS (I get around 20fps with shadows). Maniadrive is a game that need to be fast ;)
Also, tracks from the Internet are playable (there are some slight pause in the music while the PHP scripts are running)? I haven't tested LAN Parties yet.

The keys are adapted to the Pandora
{X} to accelerate
{B} to brake/reverse
3-6 or C to change view.

I have not configure Nubs has joystick (this game support joystick), I'm not sure it's a good thing for it.

History log
=========

Build 05
----------

• Updated gl4es and all libs
  • Small Zenity menu to choose between GLES1 and GLES2 backend
Build 04
----------

• Switched to tremor instead of vorbis
  • Fix some freeze with music
  • Added Editor
Build 03
----------

• Updated glshim and all libs
  • Fresh compile (from GamesCom 2015)

Build 02
----------

• Updated glshim
  • Added server inside the pnd
Build 01
-----------

• Initial build
  • Disable smoke particle emiter
  • Some tweaking for Pandora (screen, options, keys)

Last edited:
You obviously have too much free time :D

I remember playing a very early version of this, I think back then the car was blue. It is quite fast compared to Trackmania, and I think it has no Ghost car(?) (at least I didn't see one when I tried it just now). It came a long way since I last tried it, and  once you get over the fact that it is not Trackmania it can be just as much fun (or just as frustrating ;) )

I'm also not sure about Joystick-support ... I always play Trackmania using the analog sticks of my Gamepad, and I'm much faster then ... is it possible to have both, so you can switch anytime? Then it may be worth to just add it. Even though the nubs are not very precise it may help to get the car straight for a jump?

It's nice to see all these 3D games on the Pandora, also a nice mix of genres (billard/snooker, racing ... like a long night on EuroSport :p )

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm considering the fact that ptitSeb is not human - but an automated porting robot that fills up the repo with new games for us. ;)

Great to see another one. 

OMG,i dream....i must dream......please wake me up :)

Big TTHHHXXX again. :)

EDIT:work flawlessly here,Video come next Days. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
You obviously have too much free time :D
Yep, but that will end soon (like today), and I will soon get back to my former rythme of release (more like a release per week instead of a release per day).

I'm considering the fact that ptitSeb is not human - but an automated porting robot that fills up the repo with new games for us. ;)
Bip bip ... working on next port ... bip bip  :lol:

Bip bip ... working on next port ... bip bip  :lol:
Awesome.

I did talk to an android at Gamescom and didn't notice ;) .

Looks like a nice Game for bus or train.

Will try out tomorrow.

A fresh build of Maniadrive, with the latest glshim (compatible with LiveInfo).

Build 02
----------

• Updated glshim
  • Added server inside the pnd

You are amazing, ptitSeb. I used to do a lot of ports for Nokia internet tablets, but nothing like this. 

I hope you get a free Pyra or something.

An updated version on the gamescom. Ingoreis told me it was not working anymore so I recompiled and repackaged it.

So here is a newer build (seems faster to me).

Build 03
----------

•  Updated glshim and all libs
  •  Fresh compile (from GamesCom 2015)

I wish I hadn't this input lag on my Rebirth @800Mhz. It makes the game really hard.

With latest gl4es, Maniadrive is faster then before (and without Batch mode, with the glBegin/glEnd optimisations). Also, switching to tremor also bring a bit of speed. And I fixed some case of freeze when the music add play issues (it seems it still can freeze at start of a game if pressing enter to fast on a CC model).
I also added the editor. Seems usable, but you cannot launch maniadrive to test the track.

Build 04
----------

• Switched to tremor instead of vorbis
  • Fix some freeze with music
  • Added Editor

Yep, runs well on my Ghz unit. I couldn't really work out how to use the editor - I couldn't find a key to add a new track element. But the main game runs smoothly for me, and I've not completed that yet so it'll do me for now just fine!

Back