Mame Gp2x 1.0 Ho Ho Ho !!!

As I have only ever used MAME on the PC and just dumped the Rom files in the ROM dir - could someone post a 'guide' to getting this running properly on the 2X with instructions on how to use Clrmame etc? Do I need to use that or can I just dump the ROMS into the dir?

BTW - Happy Xmas!

sbt posted on Dec 25 2005 at 12:01 PM said:
As I have only ever used MAME on the PC and just dumped the Rom files in the ROM dir - could someone post a 'guide' to getting this running properly on the 2X with instructions on how to use Clrmame etc? Do I need to use that or can I just dump the ROMS into the dir?

BTW - Happy Xmas!

Try this guide on how to convert roms by EvilDragon

http://newbie.gp32x.de/gp32/mame.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Those comments are really bizarre, we could post and tell him why he is wrong, but by the looks of it it would be a waste of time, his opinion looks set in stone.

Can he actually stop the gp2x mame?

Hhhmm, still strying to fix the "no roms" problem. When I run clrmame, after its finished, all the roms listed have red X's on them, is that good or bad? It seems that all are of them are missing some file.

Belmont's a prick, just ignore they're bull and move forward. . .like what can they do about it. Good job Franxis.

craigix posted on Dec 25 2005 at 01:31 PM said:
Those comments are really bizarre, we could post and tell him why he is wrong, but by the looks of it it would be a waste of time, his opinion looks set in stone.

Yes they could stop it... R.Belmont and Haze are coordinators of entire MAME project. We will see what happens...

Regards.

Grand.

Does Flubba have a GP2X btw? Did craigix perhaps even send him one of the free dev units? He seems very talented and would be the ideal candidate to get GBA working well on the GP2X.

Yes they could stop it... R.Belmont and Haze are coordinators of entire MAME project. We will see what happens...

Regards.

Haze and RB are MAME developpers, period.
I don't see any reason not to accept it, you have released source code and are MAME license compliant...

I suggest Franxis contacting Aaron Giles - current MAME coordinator (via www.mamedev.com) for using MAME trademark, just to be sure.

Looks promising, didn't test the emu deeply though.

Wow, talk about being a Christmas grinch. I respect Belmont and all the work he's done for MAME but he needs to change his attitude. At least give the GP2X a chance before shooting it down. I mean it's only been out 2 months, unofficially that is.

Had to let that out. Merry Christmas everyone!

I get a black screen, then press X and it graphical glitches and goes back to the main screen. Im using 1.1.0
Do I need to reinstall the SDL libs or something?

Edit: That guy on the oher forum is a shithead.

That guy sounds like a power hungry asshole. Sounds like he would do anything out of spite to show his power. Saying that just because he doesn't like the platform that none of us in the community are allowed to have MAME is just plain selfish and arrogant.

FUCK that arrogant prick.

Iorgy77 posted on Dec 25 2005 at 12:51 AM said:
Try Commando... for some reason the joystick is perfect. Diagonal recognition and left right are absolutely perfect.
perhaps the commando cabinet used an 8-way stick.
arcades are about the only place you'll ever find something with an 8-way. That's why a lot of hardware sold for mame cabinets are specialized sticks that can switch from four to eight-way. (most even do it externally)

---------------------------------------
PsymastR said:
I get a black screen, then press X and it graphical glitches and goes back to the main screen. Im using 1.1.0
Do I need to reinstall the SDL libs or something?
reaperman93010 said:
it's not black, look carefully (the text is very dark green), it can't find any games.
make sure games are zipped in rom directory with the correct name (or in subdirectories of rom folder with correct name), and make sure mamegp2x is in the root of the sd card with its subdirectories intact.  check case on folders and roms to insure that they're all lower case.

Franxis posted on Dec 25 2005 at 03:18 PM said:
craigix posted on Dec 25 2005 at 01:31 PM said:

Regards.

Mame, by its own definition is open source, and was always open to other people porting it. We had all kinds of battles at the start when nicola and dave were issueing competing products (Mame and Sparcade). Nicolas stance on open source and ease of plugin use meant that Mame was always going to be the winner. Mame is bigger than any individual now, so really, there isn't a lot they can realistically do about it, other than stop Mame being open source - which means someone else will just carry on the work instead.

Don't worry about it. If it comes to it, just call it something else.

Good work Franxis. Hopefully I might contribute something to your project in the future.

I don't see how Belmont can stop anything other than his fucking whining. If he doesn't like the platform tough shit. Who does he think he is, god? What is he going to do about it? There is nothing saying that you can't release MAME on a platform if it has firmware bugs. Since Franxis is complying to the agreement that the source has to be released there isn't jack shit he can do. What is he going to do, sue? On what grounds? that he is on a power trip? "Me Belmont, me big L337 MAME guy , I say STOP" Fuck you asshole :angry:

I can't get it to work... out of all the games I put on the card, about 5 are listed. When I try to run any of them, I get this error:

Unable to initialize machine emulation, load failed: Press A button.

I copied over all the bios .zip files I had (which also ran these games on my mame32 emulator) what am I missing?

TIA

Wonder if they stopped that guy making those horrible PSP MAME ports..

Those were seriously a piece of crap..

And I tried this version and it works really well, thanks for the xmas release and keep up the good work (if MAME devs let you)

Back