Mame Gp2x 1.1

Franxis

MAME 4 ALL
Website
franxis.zxq.net
28-12-2005:

A new version of my MAME port for GP2X console:

- Some optimizations have been done, the emulator is faster now.
- Better sound quality: Now i don't use an specific thread to update the audio and the sound quality is very good now.
- Better controls layout: The buttons order is now A,Y,B,X.
- A new more compatible executable (it has original slow M68000 C core, it solve the problem with some System 16 games i.e.)
- Thanks to all paypal donators: gp32x.de, Federico Mazza, Nandove, Videogame Stuff, Denis Evans, Ricardo Cabello, Elías Ballesteros, J.Antonio Serralvo Martín, Michael Curtis, Suj, funkyferdy and Gieese.

Download MAME GP2X 1.1 (4.9 Mb)
Download MAME GP2X 1.1 (source code) (2 Mb)

http://www.talfi.net/gp32_franxis/

Awesome Franxis, that was a fast release! Thanks very much for all your hard work!

craigix posted on Dec 28 2005 at 06:18 PM said:
Amazing Franxis! I'll get a GP2X.co.uk donation to you in the new year.

Me too - you'll have to let us know where to send it

Last edited by a moderator:
His donate button is on his site for anyone who's wondering about that (though you'd probably already seen it since you downloaded the updated version..)

yeah, great job, franxis :)

i've just sent you a donation, as i fully suppport the open source principle, and that's a really great job you've done on the mame port, so far. i occasionally messed around with the gp32 version, but now on the gp2x, it's really come into its own, as there is so much more cpu power to play with. (my gp32 only reliably went up to about 145mhz)

unfortunately I can't download the latest version yet - it got halfway through then seized up, and now the file link is not responding.

** starts tapping feet in mame-denial frustration ** :huh:

edit: yeesss! its worked.

Very nice job, very enjoyable experience now with the crystal clear sound. Thanks for all your hard work.

Nice release, Strider is looking and sounding very good now!

There's a donate link at the top of the linked webpage, for those wondering where to send cash...

grahf posted on Dec 28 2005 at 10:53 PM said:
Has anyone tried Knights of the Round? Im still at work damn it! :)

tried it, all I get is a black screen, sound is running in background though.

King of Dragons freezes after 1st level

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the path for samples? I put them in a samples folder on my SD card but not sure if they are being used.

Very cool - actually, the first time I've tried Mame on the 2x (and the second time ever :) ). There's some pretty good games for it at a gander (as everyone's been saying).

I don't suppose, however, anyone could tell me how to get Bubble Bobble working (screenie on the archive implied that it was, but the roms is just giving me some white lines and a black screen - and some semi-recognisable music). Or at least confirm that it isn't, and that it is therefore not just my rom gone cuckoo :)

Back