Mame Gp2x 1.0 Ho Ho Ho !!!

Well what do you expect, he blasted the GP2X and you think the people here are really going to stand that?

Of course after that insult anything else the guy says is going to be blown out of proportion (GameFAQs style)

obvious that people will be critical of RB oon this board, as we are generally a bunch of kiss-asses to the dev's really (in this case, standing up for franxis) - ironic as RB is also a dev.. so then who's side can be taken? the one closer to the scene then, i suppose.

it's funny to read thru this stuff and seeing everyoen trying to carefully dance around the topics and not offend anyone, but there's a hairtrigger to offend one another (almost). stop arguing! it's funny when everyone argues to me about video games. I guess emulation has always been controversial, MAME especially (what with it's relatively higher profile) and it's likely to bring some baggage in here.

i'm sure MAME won't stop development on GP2X. I'm sure franxis isn't terribly feeling slighted by RB being a little whiny, he knows he's got enough support from damn near everyone else in the scene. I'm sure RB's ego is solid enough not to give a damn what any of us have to say in here about what he thinks, anyway. chill out folks.

always fun to read though - heh heh

Willei posted on Dec 26 2005 at 07:31 PM said:
DaveC posted on Dec 26 2005 at 07:52 PM said:
If you have a weak computer it won't run everything either.  This guy is changing the rules as he goes.  Why ? because he can.  That is what bothers me.  There is nothing in the MAME rules that says that you can't have MAME if every game doesn't run perfect.  There is nothing that says that if the system it runs on has bugs in the firmware that MAME is illegal either.  The truth is the guy is just being a tosser.

....What you forget is that MAME is about preserving these arcade games for historical puroposes, so that they won't be completely wiped out when the original pieces of hardware eventually die. It's not intended as a way for you to get free arcade games. Personally I find it a little hard to see where GP2X MAME fits in with that vision, so you can understand why they're a little techy about it.

Yeah, so? Preserving arcade games has nothing to do with the GP2X port. You make it sound like Franxis's port is going to ruin PC MAME or something. Like it is going to infect the MAME project like a virus and bring the whole project down. The GP2X version has no effect on the main MAME project. That point is totally invalid.

He is just being a whiny bitch. Like a little kid, comming across like "I don't like the GP2X so no one can have MAME on it HA" The fact is there is no harm in it being on the GP2X AT ALL. If he thinks it is a piece of shit then he should sell it and STFU.

Last edited by a moderator:
DaveC posted on Dec 27 2005 at 03:26 AM said:
Yeah, so? Preserving arcade games has nothing to do with the GP2X port. You make it sound like Franxis's port is going to ruin PC MAME or something. Like it is going to infect the MAME project like a virus and bring the whole project down. The GP2X version has no effect on the main MAME project. That point is totally invalid.

He is just being a whiny bitch. Like a little kid, comming across like "I don't like the GP2X so no one can have MAME on it HA" The fact is there is no harm in it being on the GP2X AT ALL. If he thinks it is a piece of shit then he should sell it and STFU.
That point was there to try and make you think about the situation from a different angle, not to try and tell you that anything incapable of running the latest build of MAME is a waste of time.

As for sounding like a whiny bitch, I didn't particularly care for his dismissive attitude either. But why should he sell his 2X and STFU though? Someone talking about porting M1 is not the kind of person that should just be banished as soon as he says something negative about the device. Remember that he hasn't said at any point that he wants MAME development to stop on the system. Am I repeating myself here?

Rkenshin was bang on the money earlier, it's getting a little GameFAQs in here at the moment.

Willei posted on Dec 27 2005 at 03:03 AM said:
DaveC posted on Dec 27 2005 at 03:26 AM said:
Yeah, so?  Preserving arcade games has nothing to do with the GP2X port.  You make it sound like Franxis's port is going to ruin PC MAME or something.  Like it is going to infect the MAME project like a virus and bring the whole project down. The GP2X version has no effect on the main MAME project.  That point is totally invalid.

He is just being a whiny bitch.  Like a little kid, comming across like "I don't like the GP2X so no one can have MAME on it HA"   The fact is there is no harm in it being on the GP2X AT ALL.  If he thinks it is a piece of shit then he should sell it and STFU.
That point was there to try and make you think about the situation from a different angle, not to try and tell you that anything incapable of running the latest build of MAME is a waste of time.

As for sounding like a whiny bitch, I didn't particularly care for his dismissive attitude either. But why should he sell his 2X and STFU though? Someone talking about porting M1 is not the kind of person that should just be banished as soon as he says something negative about the device. Remember that he hasn't said at any point that he wants MAME development to stop on the system. Am I repeating myself here?

Rkenshin was bang on the money earlier, it's getting a little GameFAQs in here at the moment.

Part of this is GPHs fault for selling this thing early. It was just too soon and there are too many bugs. It is too bad he, and alot of reviewers had to get a hold of it now.

But again if he hates it so much and can't deal with the bugs then yes, he should sell it and stop whining. Then maybe get one later if/when the bugs are fixed.

LOL the harsh reality is the rollout was right to be as early as possible, and in reality everything thats happened is expected. Now whoever gave you one on the other hand needs his head examining, as your posts have been a little hostile.

Back