Mame Gp2x 1.3

ive been playing TMNT a fair bit, but ive REALLY been wanting to get TOKI to work and jsut cant get it working.. clr says it good, and it plays on any version of PC mame, but i just cant seem to get it loaded. can someone test it to prove its just my rom ? few other ones dont work for me.

I have current 0.95 complete rom set that all work on PC versions of mame, but i just cant get some of the .34 set working on gp2xmame >_<.. simplest way, someone hash check their working toki.zip rom, and supply the hash check.

http://www.slavasoft.com/hashcalc/ download a free hashchecker there.

my results are:
toki.jpg

I have current 0.95 complete rom set that all work on PC versions of mame, but i just cant get some of the .34 set working on gp2xmame >_<.. simplest way, someone hash check their working toki.zip rom, and supply the hash check.
The later rom versions are not always enough. Many changes (such as deleted color PROM files, etc.) have occured in the large time gap between old and new "complete" romsets.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do I get the game Last Blade to work on the gp2x mame? It is 0.34, works on mame32 0.34, but it has error on gp2x. It says that it is unable to open ROM. In clrmame, it says that the game works with the 0.34 dat file.

How do I get the game Last Blade to work on the gp2x mame? It is 0.34, works on mame32 0.34, but it has error on gp2x. It says that it is unable to open ROM. In clrmame, it says that the game works with the 0.34 dat file.

Roms too big.. I dont think Mamegp2x at present supports roms over a certain size

Just out of interest has anyone managed to get Bubble Bobble working yet? I've converted to .34 and all I get is a black screen with a white line down the left side and some garbled sound :angry:

Just out of interest has anyone managed to get Bubble Bobble working yet? I've converted to .34 and all I get is a black screen with a white line down the left side and some garbled sound :angry:

Bubble Bobble does not work, you need to get the clone "Bobble Bobble" file is called boblbobl.zip Basiacllys is the same game but this seems to work perfectly.

I think Bubble Bobble was covered earlier in this post or another, you need to use the bootleg because the regular Bubble Bobble roms were encrypted I believe. Super Bubble Bobble works also.

boblbobl.zip works for me fine..

Curiously, is there any reason why mame is not using say... 0.109 or something (current i think) ?!

its opensource and surely it could be ported.. why is it that only the older versions are being done ?

either way, im glad i have anything... golden axe rocks.. totally retarded, but i grew up on that, gauntlet, toki, shinobi, etc... loved those old games..

i used to play this neogeo 4in1 or something (in the arcade). it was a fighter, but you picked king kong or godzilla or some other huge mutant animals.. it was based in san fransico (i think) and you fought eachother but you could also destroy the buildings.. id LOVE to find the name of that game as i played it years ago with mates but cant for the life of me remember what it was called. and help would be MUCHO appreciated.. I actually have a complete neogeo rom collection but dont wanna try EVERY one to find the game... cheers :)

i used to play this neogeo 4in1 or something (in the arcade). it was a fighter, but you picked king kong or godzilla or some other huge mutant animals.. it was based in san fransico (i think) and you fought eachother but you could also destroy the buildings.. id LOVE to find the name of that game as i played it years ago with mates but cant for the life of me remember what it was called.  and help would be MUCHO appreciated.. I actually have a complete neogeo rom collection but dont wanna try EVERY one to find the game... cheers :)

I think you mean King of Monsters 1 or 2. They are Neogeo games

http://www.gamezero.com/team-0/final_word/...g_monsters.html

or maybe Rampage.

http://www.vgmuseum.com/images/01/rampage2.html

OMG !!!!!!!!!! i cant believe you know it...

KING OF THE MONSTERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think i just orgasm'd.... ok.. time to play.. thanx SOOOOO much for the help on that one.. mucho appreciated

gotta find my rom now :)

Back