Mame Gp2x 1.0 Ho Ho Ho !!!

I'm currently rebuilding my set but will report later with some results.

As for Neo Geo, I don't see any in the supported list so my guess is no.

Alpha eX posted on Dec 24 2005 at 02:24 PM said:
Can this emulator only play black tiger because I put afew roms and it says its trying to load black tiger when i load the app.

yes, black tiger works for me. aside from 1942 that's the other one I've gotten to load. my asteroids and breakout die on loading and a bunch of others simply never make it out of clrmame. I think I'm missing something...

but anyway black tiger works and is only somewhat chunky at 200mhz (default frameskip), I haven't bothered to up the clock yet, because I'm messing around clrmame.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks franxis :)

but i too guess, theres something wrong with the clrmame.dat
i can take toki.zip (0.97) and load it and get it running (there's text output that some files are wrong, but it works).
but after using clearmame, the file is 1MB smaller and can't be started anymore.

and btw. can anyone get xenophobe running? i can't even see it in the romselector and tried some different versions (cleared and not cleared).

Jarska333 posted on Dec 25 2005 at 12:07 AM said:
I wonder if that nifty utility EvilDragon wrote for GPMAME works with this one... Windows utility...

No, it doesn't, as Franxis changed the format for the gamelist.txt :(

Last edited:
EvilDragon posted on Dec 24 2005 at 11:27 PM said:
I wonder if that nifty utility EvilDragon wrote for GPMAME works with this one... Windows utility...

I had no time to do the gamelist.txt for today... sorry. That gamelist.txt is the original game list file coming from MAME 0.34 and it is only for information purposes. I will do it for next version...

Last edited by a moderator:
Franxis posted on Dec 25 2005 at 02:02 AM said:
EvilDragon posted on Dec 24 2005 at 11:27 PM said:

I had no time to do the gamelist.txt for today... sorry. That gamelist.txt is the original game list file coming from MAME 0.34 and it is only for information purposes. I will do it for next version...

Well, you don't need to - it now also reads this gamelist.txt :)

Get it here

Last edited:
I've only had a chance to try out Street Fighter 2 and Strider and they both look great aside from some graphic glitches and slowdowns. Looks promising though.

Wow I tried more games (classics) and runs amazing.

I have something to say about the joystick though with MAMEGP2X. I'm able to pull off dragon punches and fireballs in either directions in Street Fighter 2 easily but not in DrMD or SNES. So now I find the joystick not the problem but probably software?

Anyways, I'm definitely donating to Franxis and how much depends tomorrow morning. :D

I'm also getting the "no roms" error. I have the roms listed in the gameslist.txt, they are in zip files, and in the roms folder. I've used clrmame, and the mamegp2x v7 copier. Are there certain "versions" of the roms i must have?

check your romsize, I'm having trouble with clrmame reducing 2-4mb roms to 45k zipfiles full of squat. I think I'm about to dump the idea of running them through clrmame, I put 50 in, I get 3 out. (that aren't 45k, that is)

I got a few errors when I imported the dat (it gave me a box with 4 options and I obviously selected incorrectly), and it complains about my source directory when I do the squish on them. what I've run, runs fabbo, though--it's clrmame that's getting me. I'll play more with it tomorrow.

Wow... thanks Franxis

Most 'older' games like Silkworm, Ghost n Goblins, Star Force seem to work perfectly with sound.

A lot of the newer games like Final Fight, Shinobi although work great, you get a much better frame rate with no sound,

So just to confirm at present just one processor is being used for both video and sound? If so I think in future when both processors are used it can only get much better.

Finally as already sujested an option to use the volume buttons for action buttons when in vertical mode would be great.

Thanks for all your hard work Franxis.....

Back