Release MAME EX - Beta [Video]

Thanks for the reply..

Sounding fantastic, can't wait to see how it turns out..

EDIT:

Whoa, just seen your 2nd video... Donpachi.... *&%$@!!!! i am very happy.. now if this has support for all the other vertical shmup greats Dodonpachi, Change air Blade, Esprade, Battle Garegga, Mars Matrix, Guwange, Dangun Feveron, Batsugun, Armed Police Batrider, Gunbird 1 & 2, Ibara.. etc etc i am quite possibly in danger of spontaneously combusting..

Awesome work.. many, many thanks

(Any chance of an Area 51 demo if it works..?)

Last edited by a moderator:
(optional)

Might be cool to handle I/O like notaz does in Picodrive, so its user selectable controls; ie: So iCP can work with it ;)

(or just accept keyboard IO, I or someone call tell you what keys iCP pretends to be in HID keyboard mode.)

MAME on tvout with iCP would be fun ;)

jeff

Whoa, just seen your 2nd video... Donpachi.... *&%$@!!!! i am very happy.. now if this has support for all the other vertical shmup greats Dodonpachi, Change air Blade, Esprade, Battle Garegga, Mars Matrix, Guwange, Dangun Feveron, Batsugun, Armed Police Batrider, Gunbird 1 & 2, Ibara.. etc etc i am quite possibly in danger of spontaneously combusting..

Awesome work.. many, many thanks

(Any chance of an Area 51 demo if it works..?)

All vertical shmups will be working. Some might be not 100% playabel [because many drivers are not optimised].

(optional)

Might be cool to handle I/O like notaz does in Picodrive, so its user selectable controls; ie: So iCP can work with it ;)

(or just accept keyboard IO, I or someone call tell you what keys iCP pretends to be in HID keyboard mode.)

MAME on tvout with iCP would be fun ;)

jeff

There is keys selector from the beginning [in mame], so it should be no problem with maping any keys [even icp keys]

I'd like to see Battle Bakraid (http://en.wikipedia..../Battle_Bakraid) and Streetfighter 3.

Edit: do you overclock here?

Yeah. 800Mhz.

Of course theres a hidden option to speed up MAME [you can play even on ZN / Model2 based games (Virtua Fighter 2 / Fighting Layer / Fighting Vipers ) in full speed] but you need to give MAME EX permission to write to NAND :) .

Last edited:
Of course theres a hidden option to speed up MAME but you need to give MAME EX permission to write to NAND :) .

I realy hope you have put large warning in the UI that it might wear a NAND !

ok this joke is becoming burned out but hey, I cant help

;)

Of course theres a hidden option to speed up MAME [you can play even on ZN / Model2 based games (Virtua Fighter 2 / Fighting Layer / Fighting Vipers ) in full speed] but you need to give MAME EX permission to write to NAND :) .
lol :) btw now that you can sell apps on the repo, do you think you would add your apps on there (the polished ones I mean)?

Of course theres a hidden option to speed up MAME but you need to give MAME EX permission to write to NAND :) .

I realy hope you have put large warning in the UI that it might wear a NAND !

ok this joke is becoming burned out but hey, I cant help ;)

Prepare for this banner. It will loads before MAME EX start :)

cooltext595492495.png

What has selling got to do with this? Or does Streak want to sell GPLed apps?

(There is nothing wrong with that, its just sleezy though, unless the port work far exceeds the work of the original authors; I hate seeing drive-by quickie ports of apps for sale on various stores, when the original app might've taken 10 years to build :/)

Though MAME is not GPL, and MAME is not permitted for sale. It is open source freeware.

jeff

I was referring to milkshakes:

"btw now that you can sell apps on the repo, do you think you would add your apps on there (the polished ones I mean)?

jeff

ah but i didn't specify any app i was just hoping we might see some of his apps on the repo again soon free or not thats all.

Milky, you'll add special icons into repo , and i'll start upload my soft to repo. Deal?

Back