Logo Request/menu Screen

Squidge

Certified Guru
Website
Visit site
I've got a working/playable version of FB-GP2X here with sound for anyone who decides to create a nice logo :) It'll only play one ROM at the moment, which must be called 'uopoko.zip' (a CAVE ROM), but I think that should be more than enough to get someones motivation going :)

Basically, I think the current "F" is kinda boring and too screen filling. I want something that'll take up about 1/3 of the top of the screen (so more rectangular, filling most of the width, rather than just a square). It'll be used for the startup/menu & loading screens. When placed at the top of the screen, there should be plenty of space for menu options underneath. So what I'm basically looking for is something that says "Final Burn Alpha GP2X". How you write that is upto you. The "alpha" part can be overwritten in a smaller font for example, as can the gp2x - you have total freedom.

Everyone who creates a half decent logo will be sent the current version, but natually only the winner(s) get/s there logo/s in the final public release. (Yes, there might be more than one winner...)

Have fun...

Where do we send them?

Well i tried but i have not good fonts on my system at the moment, so i can't.

But , yes , seems to be a nice idea.

Here's something, I can alter if some more if given specific instructions :)

fbagp2xlogorf1.png

rokdcasbah said:
what color will the bottom 2/3 be, and what format should the image be in?
Black normally, but it will be overlayed with other things like menus/etc. BMP would be the ideal format, but since that would ridiculously large, I'd say PNG, or JPG if you can't do PNG.

Of course, width should be 320, and number of colors is standard GP2X RGB565.

For hosting, try imageshack or a similar service, or PM me for my email address.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are a few variations of a logo I made, didn't come out as well as I hoped but you may like them. They haven't been converted to 16bit color but if they show banding on 2x I can convert them.

16199003ou6.jpg

74359927qh3.jpg

81107123az7.jpg

75414888xp6.jpg

I vote for the red/blue version by ruckage! Looks really good and very polished. Love the other designs though too. How about opening a poll after you've got enough designs to decide on, squidgy?

Here's the logo again but without background and with and without shadow. Plus a different colour scheme as well.

hotwithshadowas9.png
hotnoshadowsv0.png

redbluewithshadowde3.png
redbluenoshadowdz1.png

withshadowes4.png
noshadowhc3.png

xnopasaranx said:
I vote for the red/blue version by ruckage! Looks really good and very polished. Love the other designs though too. How about opening a poll after you've got enough designs to decide on, squidgy?
Well, to be honest, I was going to have multiple logos in the emulator and choose a random one at startup :)

I like the orange/red one in the top right, reminds me of the logos from final fight and warriors of fate (CPS1).

Can you do one in burning calligraphy style like the final fight and WoF logos?

Squidge said:
Well, to be honest, I was going to have multiple logos in the emulator and choose a random one at startup :)
How dare you waste your time on such a trivial feature!

Here's another version. I should really be working on BattleJewels for Skeezix, but I couldn't resist a quick go. I couldn't find a decent Ghouls 'n' Ghosts sprite rip, so that would need sorting!

finalburnfulluo5.jpg

finalburn2thirdec8.jpg

finalburnfullblackao1.jpg

finalburnfullblack2nf3.jpg

Back