Screen Protector Junk?

Hohlraum

Still Fresh
I got one of those little thin screen protector with my gp2x (arrived today whoo hoo!!) and put it on top of the clear hard plastic protector. now I've got a bazillion bubbles all over the screen that I can't work out. Stupid thing was like 6 bucks. worthless. There have to be better ones than this available even at an office depot for pdas that are more rubbery.

There is definately a knack to putting them on. Ive got several years practice putting them on my various handhelds. I put one of my PocketPC protectors on my GP2X and its fine.. not perfect but once Im playing you dont notice it.
The secret is to be patient. Peel it slowly and use the card to push the bubbles out as you go along. If you find a bubble you missed peel back till its gone and try again.

there is a easy way to get no bubble's just make the screen a little bit wet with water before you place the protector foil on it after you put it on you can even move it a little to place it exactly as you want then just use a plastic card to finalize it n you will have no bubble's at all.

fellows writeright universal screen protectors. you can get them 12 for $10 bucks or so. trim to 23x17 and they fit perfectly. I can't believe i paid $6 for just one "GP2X' brandname protector. :(

Trashman posted on Feb 13 2006 at 05:07 PM said:
Should get some of them helmet protectors that the F1 guys use. Just peel one off when it gets dirty/scratched. lol :p

...which is basically what these screen protectors are.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back