Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Possibly

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

aQwaBlaz3

The Future is Open.™
Website
Visit site
Ive been wanting to make a game for the GP2X. I don't know how to code in ANYTHING yet. (well HTML :p ) I had this old image in my My Pictures folder...a design for some game. I redesigned the logo and make it the demensions of the GP2X screen. I have no idea what kind of game it could be...I just have a name and a "main menu" screen. I am good at graphics, like logos, menus, buttons, etc. I will need some people to code and stuff. Maybe a partner for graphics.

If you want to contact me, PM me

or

my email adress is: stradavid@gmail.com

or

my AIM screenname is LuNa7iK86

here is the "main menu" screen. I just finished it in like...5 minutes.

main.png

heres the original I did a couple of months ago"

proneo.jpg

sounds fun but other than MSpaint and minor PS skills i dont know adamn thing. i am decent at level design and coming up with ideas as well, now we just need to figure out what kind of game it is lol

I may like to help. I have experience in C C++ java and some others. I havent done anything for the gp32x before though.

If allegro gets ported i would do it. I know C and am learning fenix though. I would especially like to help with desine and story aspects.

aQwaBlaz3 posted on Dec 10 2005 at 08:45 PM said:
I have no idea what kind of game it could be...I just have a name and a "main menu" screen.

No offense intended, but basically you have nothing. At the very least you'll need a game concept to start something... with just a name by itself you're not going to be able to create anything. Design graphics? What kind of graphics? What kind of style? What kind of objects are needed? Write music? What's the mood of the game supposed to be like? And most of all: write code? What kind of code? For what kind of game?

At the very least, pick a genre for your game to fit in(puzzle game, platform, shmup). With a shmup or platform game, you're pretty much done there -- just flesh out the characters and the weapons, design some levels and you pretty much have a working game (modulo a lot of tweaking of course). For something like a puzzle game, you should do a whole lot of more thinking about game mechanics.

At least you've got the toughest part covered: choosing a name. You won't believe how hard that is :).

Also, we can use this thread as a call to all artists out there: I think there are enough developers for the GP2X, just not enough artists to give every game the looks it deservers. So if you have photoshopping or pixelpainting skills and you're interested in working on a game, please let the developers out there know!

Last edited by a moderator:
I propose renaming it to the Gruntmeister 2000 ^^

Anyway I've (what I think) is a very good game idea that I believe is a fairly original concept and managed to put together a fairly good design document (t'was a uni project) and I've been contemplating making it into a full game. Only thing that's been stopping me is my graphical programming abilities in C. I can program ok-ish in JAVA (although I still suck at graphics) and I can even picture the algorithms for 90% of the game.

Only thing is I've been looking at making it a commercial game, not because I want mega sums of money (although money is always nice) but because one of my life's goal is to make a commercial game.

If I fail at making the game, I'll probably give out the design info to a team I think would make it a reality

I have a platform game engine from a year ago. I built it as part of my degree, and we were made to use OpenGL, but since then I have learned to love SDL :)

A friend and I were already intent on making a gp2x game, so, if it's a platform game then count me in. Eitherway, more info would be cool.

I'm going to be busy for the next few days with deadlines, but free afterwards.

I don't know how to code in ANYTHING yet

seriously aQwaBlaz3, start simple.

gaaad, the number of unfinished overly-ambitious coding projects out there :eek:

i'm as guilty as anyone of that :rolleyes: cos the 'fun stuff' is always more cutting edge!

if you haven't already made (to reasonable completion) a slidey-tile puzzle for example, or a tetris clone, or er... breakout or something mind-numbingly simple (or so you think before you try to build it!), then trying something more 'cool', well... it ain't gonna happen!

oh yeah, and if you're just starting to learn coding, well good on ya, that's great news! welcome to the club of confusion, swearing at your keyboard, and pulling out your hair :D

also, multi-coder projects are er.... interesting. it's good for learning off each other, but boy can it be a nightmare co-ordinating things if you're not already a fluent coder and know all the tricks and conventions.

In my personal experience, these things are usually carried through on a single person's vision and enthusiasm, and the best 'place' for external contributions to these type of things is in artwork, level building, 3d objects, and maybe some fairly-self contained code modules, that kinda stuff.

welll, that's for what its worth. have fun however you do it, that's the point, right? :)

If it has anything and i repeat *anything* with espioniage or spying or it is some kind of sneaking game :) i want to help you design it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

what kind of sprites do u need?

OMars posted on Dec 10 2005 at 11:43 PM said:
If it has anything and i repeat *anything* with espioniage or spying or it is some kind of sneaking game :)  i want to help you design it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Well a secret operative would be a good start :lol: . Deck him out in black and you're good to go.

Is there even Fenix for the gp2x? Cuz all there is to use would be normal coding like C and stuff if not :p

And I hear thats pretty tough for nubies.

OMars posted on Dec 10 2005 at 03:43 PM said:
If it has anything and i repeat *anything* with espioniage or spying or it is some kind of sneaking game :) i want to help you design it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

ahhh. all evident in your sig! :)

i'd shy away from anything in 1337 5P33K because that'll just turn people off.

... that's my suggestion.

:D

the "numbers" would work, if the game was set in a "net" or "cyberpunk" style.

I just look at the name, and see something like Beneath a Steel Sky, or something like that. Or something like Geometry Wars, but after playing that non stop for a few hours, everything looks like Geometry Wars... =/

Maybe, (going out on a limb here) put together a collection of puzzles and such, throw a storyline behind it, and a basic platform system. Maybe You're a hacker in a "cyberpunk" future, hired by a corporation to "snatch and grab" from other corps. It's a non violent game (mostly), and involves you putting logic first. First thing you'll need to do is hack into the security system, which could be a simple number slide/match puzzle (timed). Then, you get a "real time view" of the complex, and then have a limited amount of time before the terminal you're at is locked down, to do certian things, such as "hotwire" security turrets to attack the guards, lock doors to trap the guards, disable communications, loop camera feeds, etc. You only get a limited amount of these per "mission", and it's up to you to be creative. Once this is done, you guide the character around, platform style, hack and download the files, and get out.

Like some levels, you won't have enough time to lock down the guards, but, you can delay them, and then try to avoid them (sneaking style, mgs on the gbc?) as you get in and out.

Levels get more complex as you have things like multiple floors, or more guards, maybe (the hardest part of all i imagine) working co-op with another player, the one player goes through the mission "platform style", while the other does all the hacking and diverting, to keep the co-op player alive.

aQwaBlaz3 posted on Dec 10 2005 at 01:45 PM said:
Ive been wanting to make a game for the GP2X. I don't know how to code in ANYTHING yet. (well HTML :p ) I had this old image in my My Pictures folder...a design for some game. I redesigned the logo and make it the demensions of the GP2X screen. I have no idea what kind of game it could be...I just have a name and a "main menu" screen. I am good at graphics, like logos, menus, buttons, etc. I will need some people to code and stuff. Maybe a partner for graphics.

or

or

here is the "main menu" screen. I just finished it in like...5 minutes

proneo.jpg

U dont need to code I use Multimedia Fusion for the games I make and I'd like 2 help ^^

i really REALLY liked muzzaros idea, i can envision it now kind of a shoter/puzzle/platformer game, mebe isometric shooter style for turret parts like doom or wolfenstein 3d and either a side scrolling platformer or rpg style layout for inside the building and a computer terminal screen for the puzzles! im really digging that idea!

joeeoh posted on Dec 11 2005 at 02:14 PM said:
aQwaBlaz3 posted on Dec 10 2005 at 01:45 PM said:

or

or

here is the "main menu" screen. I just finished it in like...5 minutes

proneo.jpg

U dont need to code I use Multimedia Fusion for the games I make and I'd like 2 help ^^

MMfusion wont work. Nobody ported it for GP2X yet.

Back