Logo Discussion

sorry. i just poped in and i had not watched the videos first. I'm sorry, i should have.. I was thinking about the glowing apple logo...but of course ED would let us adjust the LED light levels..I just wasn't thinking..

I'll remove my previous post now, as I made it before I had availed myself of all the information.

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry. i just poped in and i had not watched the videos first. I'm sorry, i should have.. I was thinking about the glowing apple logo...but of course ED would let us adjust the LED light levels..I just wasn't thinking..

I'll remove my previous post now, as I made it before I had availed myself of all the information.
I meant, since when has Apple invented glowing logos? :lol:

I also think Binky's first dp fusion object looks the nicest, being simple but interesting, but not lame.
post-3032-0-65573500-1392987157_thumb.png
We can stick this all over the place later on and it will keep looking cool, it won't suffer being over-memed to death.  I don't like the thicker lines version of that one though, feels fat and stops the circle in the middle from standing out as much, and I like that circle.

But both have the Problem that you just can't read "PYRA" out of them. So the actual device name needs to be written along with the logo. Not a general problem but merging the Brand and the device name in one logo could lead into some confusion. ^^""
I don't think the device name or brand name need to be written along with the logo, or any text at all.  Names can be saved for the sticker on the battery, along with model numbers and copywrite emblems.  The graphic is what we can feel good seeing every time, it is its own language.  I agree with Binky.

I think the design on the lid should be a relatively simple emblem, not the whole name of the device...
I don't think I agree with EvilDragon, about the light-up logo.  I won't whine about not liking the way that would look, I know we'd be able to turn the LED off, but that would make the back of the lid more complicated and more vulnerable.  A reason I don't want a camera back there is that the lens will be scratched and then it will be ruined, my first discomfort about adding a light up emblem is that it'll be another weak point on the outside of the closed case, another surface I'd feel compelled to wipe off or cover with a protective film.  I would rather the logo just be an indent in the surface of the lid.

I also think Binky's first dp fusion object looks the nicest, being simple but interesting, but not lame.
post-3032-0-65573500-1392987157_thumb.png
We can stick this all over the place later on and it will keep looking cool, it won't suffer being over-memed to death. I don't like the thicker lines version of that one though, feels fat and stops the circle in the middle from standing out as much, and I like that circle.
Except its "fatness" makes it look more like a flame. It's not lined up to be a circle. In fact, the circle might be part of why it looks less like fire.

I think the design on the lid should be a relatively simple emblem, not the whole name of the device...
I don't think I agree with EvilDragon, about the light-up logo.  I won't whine about not liking the way that would look, I know we'd be able to turn the LED off, but that would make the back of the lid more complicated and more vulnerable.  A reason I don't want a camera back there is that the lens will be scratched and then it will be ruined, my first discomfort about adding a light up emblem is that it'll be another weak point on the outside of the closed case, another surface I'd feel compelled to wipe off or cover with a protective film.  I would rather the logo just be an indent in the surface of the lid.
I haven't scratched my phone cameras or flash that's on the back. Back of the lid would even make them more unlikely to get scratched. Plus it's not like the case is invincible, it can get scratched too.

I was lurking on these forums and noticed this thread, so i decided to give a shot at a logo.

It is inspired by the low poly counts of older games and the spiral motif of both debian and the dreamcast. The type is a customized version of Xolonium:

http://i.imgur.com/QMq5ylL.png

Here is a WIP website mock-up that may give you an idea of the general visual style i'm going for. Although the information density in this mockup is too low right now.

http://i.imgur.com/UG0cml5.png

I am not sure if this is the right thread to post this in. My apolgies if I was supposed to post it elsewhere.

Me too, that looks excellent.

My new favourite I think. Simple lines, got that flame look to it but without being all wavy ...I prefer these straight lines myself.

Looks great

I was lurking on these forums and noticed this thread, so i decided to give a shot at a logo.

It is inspired by the low poly counts of older games and the spiral motif of both debian and the dreamcast. The type is a customized version of Xolonium:

Here is a WIP website mock-up that may give you an idea of the general visual style i'm going for. Although the information density in this mockup is too low right now.

http://i.imgur.com/UG0cml5.png

I am not sure if this is the right thread to post this in. My apolgies if I was supposed to post it elsewhere.
This is pretty good actually. Good enough to use.

Guest_dead_*  23/02/2014 10:04 PM

I've been watching the logo discussion for quite a while. Since this is the only place for guests to post about Pyra, might I add this modified version of one of the logos for consideration? I think the horizontal break on the Y removes from the derogative connotation of the original. Sorry for posting this in a non logo discussion. i didnt wanna make an account just for one post xD
Pr9E91r.png

Wow!   I really like that.   Easily my favourite of any suggestion so far.

- Neelix

Hello! I thought I'd contribute an idea as well. The name Pyra kinda reminds me of the Great Pyrenees dog, which is kinda pronounced like it's actually spelled Pyranees (At least when I've heard it, who knows if the people who say it are saying it right!), anyways I don't think it'd be a bad idea to draw on that potential pun, while also associating the brand with a type of dog, a species of which all sorts of people have positive opinions of (Loyal, friendly, etc.) I'm not a very good artist, but I had an idea and went for it! If anyone would like to take another stab at the idea of the pyrenees silhouette idea, be my guest. I remember some people wondering how to incorperate the name into the logo, or if that was even required, I tried to solve this issue by including the word 'Pyra' in the negative space between the fur definition of the logo design. It's probably possible to simplify this logo and still have it look good, for printing complexity purposes, but I couldn't really figure out a way to make both the dog's outline and the words Pyra visible in a way that didn't look weird with less lines. It's certainly not the best-made logo submitted, but I like the idea and did not want to just suggest it and say "Hey, someone else draw this", I wanted to try! Perhaps I didn't succeed entirely, but at least I put down a general idea of what was in my head, that counts for something.

Pyra Logo.jpg

I get it!  Your image probably wouldn't work as a logo, but I like it for other reasons.

2q053js.jpg

Back