Logo Discussion

That pengo's logo look good. I don't like the X shaped d-pad, it ruins everything. And can't read the A of Pyra. Also "Pyra" isn't visible while it's the main name, "dragonbox" is way to highlighted compared to Pyra.

Last edited by a moderator:
400px-Klingon-flag.svg.png

:rolleyes:

Thank you very much for the kind feedback everyone. This would be an update reflecting off the suggestions:

post-2836-0-85934700-1393974327.png

DBX_P1A.png

I think your PYRA font now looks even less readable now it includes more spacing.

I like it myself and not against somewhat abstract and not immediately obvious text, but I know a lot of people would prefer something immediately readable - I think your original text was more so.

Also I think the in dragonbox should be a bit wider, looks a fair bit thinner than the other letters which are all same width, apart from the [O] but even that looks a bit wider than the .

Like it, just pointing that out
:)

I don't want to repeat myself, and I don't want to interrupt anyone's inspiration, but I don't think the aim of this thread is to create completely new logo designs. ED already made it quite clear in the first post what kind of logos he likes. I think we should focus on improving/refining those, and maybe combining the best aspects of different proposals into one. We also have to take into account the new information that the logo will be illuminated by a led, on the back of the lid.

For example, my earlier suggestion:

pyralogo20-sm.png

is an attempt (actually just a minor variant of something inspired by Binky) to reconcile the ambigram flame of #1, the "dP" of #2, and the flame-style "P" of #4, into one simple logo.

The dP can of course be split up when a larger logo with readable names is needed, e.g.

dragonbox_pyra.png
Does anyone else see the "d" and the "p" as "Thumbs up" and "Thumbs down"?

I like the idea of thumbs up, but not the other one :(

The logo should be simple.
Simplier it is, the easier it is to remember, or draw it.

I like the idea of thumbs up, but not the other one :(

Does anyone else see the "d" and the "p" as "Thumbs up" and "Thumbs down"?

Not particularly more so than the letters d and p in a normal font:

d   p

/|||\
|(o o)|
  ||\V/||
d----|----p
|
_/ \_

I don't think it's a problem. It's a yin-yang move, thumbs-up and thumbs-down at the same time, good and evil, you like it or you don't. Yes, that is an ascii-art of EvilDragon doing the dP thumbs-up thumbs-down.

I doubt anyone actually recognises the complete Starbucks logo.

Most people will only recognise the complicated green circle with a face in the middle

Well, this kind of failed. Should we do this again and actually stick with logos picked,so we can weed them out?

Here's the Fireworks PNG source ( if anyone uses fireworks or can open these ) for my attempt, anyway, if folks want to have a go at adding type to it. State 2 has the stuff from this thread.

pyra-logos.png

^ What's so hard to read about a .png

Aren't they supported by every web browser in common use today?

I was lurking on these forums and noticed this thread, so i decided to give a shot at a logo.

It is inspired by the low poly counts of older games and the spiral motif of both debian and the dreamcast. The type is a customized version of Xolonium:

http://i.imgur.com/QMq5ylL.png

Here is a WIP website mock-up that may give you an idea of the general visual style i'm going for. Although the information density in this mockup is too low right now.

http://i.imgur.com/UG0cml5.png

I am not sure if this is the right thread to post this in. My apolgies if I was supposed to post it elsewhere.
I like this one. Wonder how'd it look with this font:

Thank you very much for the kind feedback everyone. This would be an update reflecting off the suggestions:

post-2836-0-85934700-1393974327.png

^ What's so hard to read about a .png

Aren't they supported by every web browser in common use today?
Macromedia Fireworks ( now Adobe Fireworks, bletch ) bakes a proprietary layered vector source file into a regular PNG file- while any web browser can read the image data, only applications that support the vector nonsense that Macromedia shoe-horned into it can read the actual graphics file. The file attached has all the original vectors for each logo attempt in it.

Back