Little Christmas Update

Good to hear about things, mostly at least. This delay makes me think I need to work extra hard next quarter since these seem likely to start shipping mid-quarter and I know from the day mine arrives onward I just won't be able to find time for homework like I did before it.

January 4th.... Pssh. I knew I should have guessed 'February' 4th
glad, though, that projected release dates are being a bit more realistic now

I remember back when you were talking about a possible September 08 release. But as long as you get there in the end. Not like big companies can ever keep their release dates anyway. We've waited this long, a little longer won't hurt.

craigix said:
... and I'm rambling on, but Pandora prevails.
By all means keep on rambling. It gives me a fuzzy warm secure feeling and likely helps to keep the masses subdued too even if there's little real info in it all.

Last edited by a moderator:
All amazing news. You guys sure know when to update, always when people start getting anxious you're there with news. Thanks for the update!!!!

craigix said:
Ah, the RAM, we have some of it the rest is estimated for the 15th, so January too.

There are a few other details I've forgotten to post in this update but I'll do another in a weeks time or I'll tell chip anything urgent.

Thanks Craig. Those updates clear up most of the outstanding hardware questions and should restore some faith. :)

When you do your next update it would be nice if you could update on the refund process: whether all refunds are processed from your end, as the 'all clear' has not been sent.

I have discovered a revolutionary payment system I thought you might like to hear about, all you need are four bits of paper

one is called "a cheque"

one is called "notepaper"

one is called "an envelope"

one is called "a stamp"

how it works...

you write the sum you want to pay and your name on the "cheque"

you write a short letter on the "notepaper" requesting what you want and giving the address you would like the item sent too

you place the "cheque" and the "notepaper" inside the "envelope" and seal it

you write Craigs trading address on the "envelope"

you then attach the "stamp" to the upper right corner of the "envelope"

thats phase one done....

now for the difficult bit, you need to find either something called a "postbox" or a "post office" (either will do).

in the UK the "postbox" can normally be found lurking at the side of a road somewhere, it will be made of heavy cast metal and painted post office red, if you can find one of these you will notice a narrow slot on the front, you are almost at your journeys end, place the "envelope" containing the "cheque" and the "notepaper" with the "stamp" attached into the slot and push it inside, if it doesn`t fall inside when you release it you can poke it further in with your hand until it does, then just go home and wait for results.

to find a "post office" you will normally need to be in the centre of at least a small town, it will normally be placed near the park or market place, if you take the "envelope" containing the "cheque" and the "notepaper" with the "stamp" attached into the post office and present it at the counter they will send it to Craig for you (although you will find several "postboxes" attached to this building that you could place the "envelope" containing the "cheque" and the "notepaper" with the "stamp" attached inside, but they are not normally as easy to recognise as the roadside "postboxes")

I have used this system MANY times, and the huge advantage over electronic cash transactions are readily apparent.

1...its very simple
2...its considerably faster than bouncing/canceled/refunded debit cards
3...it ALWAYS works
4...you get to go outside...yes the framerates lousy...the skybox uses weird textures and the NPCs keep getting in the way like some early FPS AI is controling em, but it can be interesting (some of the NPCs are female and cute ;) )

Listen smartass, those of us that payed with credit card in the first place had the money refunded as credit. I can't just go get that money back, I have to pay again using the card

Cheques offer none of the protection of cards (one of the principal reasons lots of people are waiting to repay that way), they can take time to clear (on top of the mail-in time!), and cheques from foreign banks can carry additional clearance fees, delays and exchange rate conversion fees. They're basically a bank transfer done in slow-motion with added paperwork.

Thanks for the info Craig! Sure wish I had that Pandora now, as I'm without power for days here. :unsure: Got a generator going to run a few of my gadgets but the Pandora would have been a real winner right about now. :lol:

Thanks for the update.

Happy new year to all in the Pandora community.

Good luck with the final push. Looks like 2009 is going to be a good year for geeks.

Hey thanks for the update.

I understand it's kinda stressfull to solve all the minor problems before you batch it up.

I hope the team had a nice relax Christmas holiday.

Cheers.

hobbyman II said:
I have discovered a revolutionary payment system I thought you might like to hear about, all you need are four bits of paper

Cheques are high latency (via the postal service), may get lost or stolen, possibly expose the identification of the sender to a random person due to the above (eg. There bank, Sort code, account no, name, signature, sometimes even address), Offer very little protection, can be subject to fraud, require multiple manual entry by the receiver, cost the receiver significantly more if they are from a different country, etc. Plus some companies don't accept cheques due to all the above.
Yigguth said:
Listen smartass, those of us that payed with credit card in the first place had the money refunded as credit. I can't just go get that money back, I have to pay again using the card

Actually you can. You can ask your credit card issuer for the full credit on your account. Some will even deposit the amount directly into your bank account.

Back