Holiday Reordering Mini-update

Chip

[Insert Custom Title Here]
Website
chipandre.com
Craig has three separate CC reorder options in the works. We're going to try to split things up so no one account gets a ton of orders and sets off any automated alarm bells. These could be set up as early as today (12/24), but the holiday may push it out a couple days. I don't want to give out the names of the services (just in case something falls through), but all three are well known merchant account processors. None of them are Xoom (which looks to be far too sketchy) or Paypal (a mistake we won't make again).

The Amex situation is still ongoing. We don't have a good explanation as to why the bank will not refund those orders. This situation passed "unacceptable" over a month ago and is now downright surreal. We are doing everything we can to find a solution, and as soon as we have one we'll let you all know.

Thank you again for your patience as we try to make the best of these absurd events. Hopefully everything will be sorted out and we will have all new pictures and video of the completed Pandora in the next week or so. Our best holiday wishes go out to all you guys who have stood behind this project from the beginning. Here's hoping you all have a merry Christmas and a happy new year.

Sounds like the news everyone wants to hear. Let's hope none of them get twitchy.

Great stuff - thanks for the update, Chip (the description of the situation as "downright surreal" made me chuckle, by the way). I hope it's all up today, but obviously it's understandable if Christmas delays it by a little while! :)

All the best to all of you - I hope everyone has a great Christmas, in spite of this craziness. :)

Woot! I hope all three of these work ouf so that everyone still waiting re-order can do so!

Chip said:
Craig has three separate CC reorder options in the works. We're going to try to split things up so no one account gets a ton of orders and sets off any automated alarm bells. These could be set up as early as today (12/24), but the holiday may push it out a couple days. I don't want to give out the names of the services (just in case something falls through), but all three are well known merchant account processors. None of them are Xoom (which looks to be far too sketchy) or Paypal (a mistake we won't make again).

The Amex situation is still ongoing. We don't have a good explanation as to why the bank will not refund those orders. This situation passed "unacceptable" over a month ago and is now downright surreal. We are doing everything we can to find a solution, and as soon as we have one we'll let you all know.

Thank you again for your patience as we try to make the best of these absurd events. Hopefully everything will be sorted out and we will have all new pictures and video of the completed Pandora in the next week or so. Our best holiday wishes go out to all you guys who have stood behind this project from the beginning. Here's hoping you all have a merry Christmas and a happy new year.
Merry Christmas Chip and all you guys in OpenPandora World.
Yes we Can!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't wait to see what methods become available. Still sitting on my Pandora money just waiting to pay. And still very excited about the Pandora.

That's great news.

Have a nice Christmas Chip, Craig, Evil, and everyone. :)

So right now I am making the assumption that Craig and co. want to get all the reorders taken care of and then worry about the Pandora's left over from those not reordering.

I am just always looking out on the forum for any hint at when it might be since I got x-mas money stashed for it that I didn't have at the original pre-order. (and yes I am on the newsletter list but sometimes things come out here first).

I am looking forward to getting all the re-orders taken care of so I can try to put my order in for the first time!!

Back