Letux-OS

Discussion in 'Alternative OS' started by hns, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Letalis Sonus

Letalis Sonus Advanced Member

The systemd journal is just yet another independent component that you may choose not to install - that's the best part about it.

2. levi

levi Still fresh, damnit!

How do you read log messages without it? I wouldn't run any linux where I can't. Or do they get dumped to /var/log like the old init system used to?

3. Letalis Sonus

Letalis Sonus Advanced Member

By doing what people have been done for decades prior to systemd: Using some other random-ass logger service like rsyslog or syslog-ng. Being a logger is not an init-system's job.

I am seriously baffled that you even had to ask about that.

4. levi

Sorry, I've only been administering my own linux boxes for about twenty years now, and thus far I've always used prespun distributions which have always come with logging enabled, and have thus far always been satisfied that logs are getting generated and are accessible to me, and haven't felt the need to investigate further. I've never been trained as a systems administrator, I'm an applications coder by trade, and while bits and pieces of how the kernel and subsequent subsystems work have interested me, I've not gone into logging yet.

5. sle85276

sle85276 Still Fresh

Short update about the USB-A interface of my Pandora: I dug out my ancient electrical knowledge, grabbed an old USB 2.0 cable, cut it in the middle and connected a voltage meter to the open end. The outcome is that the voltage meter shows 5V when running the SuperZaxxon Linux but 0V when running the letux Linux.

6. levi

Superzaxxon should disable that 5V line if nothing is using it. IIRC you can disable it from the pandora settings application. Maybe Letux doesn't enable it in the first place.

Swordfish II likes this.
  7. sle85276

sle85276 Still Fresh

If the debugfs is not lying to me SuperZaxxon and Letux, both pulling the GPIO_164 up. This means that the switch (TPS2041B) for the USB_HOST_5V is on. This brings me to the conclusion that the power/voltage on the input of the switch is missing when running Letux. Reading the schematic further the problem might be the REGEN pin of the TWL4030 not enabling the TPS61029DRC to power the input of the TPS2041B

levi likes this.