Release Kodi (a.k.a XBMC)

Thanks ptitSeb!

I didn't expect an updated release so soon so I just checked the Kodi faq and they mentioned:

"Team Kodi is attempting to release more often in order to help with stability of the program and to adapt more quickly to changes in media."

So that is nice - at least from a users perspective ;)

They even released another update yesterday - 15.1 - with some bug fixes. 

http://kodi.tv/kodi-15-1-isengard-maintenance-release/

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the 15.1 version...

(since 15.0, I found the youtube plugin is working quite well, but not sure if it's a placebo effect).

Build 07

-----------

• Updated to 15.1

(since 15.0, I found the youtube plugin is working quite well, but not sure if it's a placebo effect).
On the pre 15.0 version, I had to go into the settings and force the youtube plugin to use 480p to make the playback run well... Maybe the new version is actually checking the resolution of the screen instead of trying some higher resolution that doesn't work well with the Pandora. Just a guess.

Gave it a short test run on my rebirth today and works very well. Nice to have the latest version (some improvements are quite useful). It is awesome to have Kodi on the Pandora - any version. 

Thanks for the update!

Hey Ptitseb, any difference in performance in the newer versions ? In the past 14.x versions, most slightly higher resolution videos were playing worse (frameskipping) than in smplayer2 - is it still the case? 

This Kodi is awesome! My boy set it up with TV/addons and man it streams local tv, live sports, internet radio , tv , movies and works very well even on my 1G pandora with no overclock and internal wifi (although a wifi stick does help). I know people are waiting for the Pyra but still the good old Pandora is just a fantastic device.

Hey Ptitseb, any difference in performance in the newer versions ? In the past 14.x versions, most slightly higher resolution videos were playing worse (frameskipping) than in smplayer2 - is it still the case? 

Yeah it's probably still the case, as Kodi stream using a GLES2 texture (with a shader to do the YUV->RGB conversion), and without Texture streaming (not implemented yet), large texture can take time to upload, where smplayer2 use YUV Surface of the omapdss IIRC, and that must be faster on large surface (it wont be noticeable on small / normal ones on the fps of a video).

neither nfs nor samba work for me. samba used to work, but since I upgraded my NAS, kodi cannot find the share anymore and I was using samba exclusively for xbmc on pandora.
I tried to mount an NFS share in Kodi, but no luck.kodi.log tells me

ERROR: Unable to load libnfs.so.1, reason: libnfs.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

But I did not find any libnfs* file. Is there an additional package I have to install? Did not find any with opkg.

mount -t -nfs -n server:/path /local/path works fine (after starting portmap).

Regards, Helmar.

I will try this immediately! Can you check out support for sshfs as well please? Maybe it's also a missing library?

@Helmar Gerloni : I have create a new pnd adding just the lib. Can you try it before I put it on the repo: xbmc.
NFS works now, thank you!

sshfs does not. Adding an ssh/sftp source crashes Kodi, with no meaningful log entry. I also tried to add the ssh entry directly to sources.xml, but same result: When selecting the source Kodi crashes.

NFS works now, thank you!

sshfs does not. Adding an ssh/sftp source crashes Kodi, with no meaningful log entry. I also tried to add the ssh entry directly to sources.xml, but same result: When selecting the source Kodi crashes.
Thanks for testing, I'll upload to the repo soon.

About the sshfs, you can also look in /tmp/pndrun_xbmc.out if there is something relevent (but I guess there will be only some generic "Segfault" message).

thanks a lot ptitSeb! Finally I can use my nfs shares again :D

As some already know I'm trying to get spotify running on my Pandora. I had it working before on android gingerbread but some how it is now giving me headaches with errors left and right. Probably because of updated software on google and spotify's side.
Anyway, I found something called Superrepo for xbmc and that has a spotify client for xbmc in it called Spotimc.

To add the super repo, first add the file location http://srp.nu/ and then go to system -> add-ons, install from zip and browse to the just added location. There select the xbmc jarvis folder and the appropriate zip file. I chose " all "
Now when adding new music add-ons it has tons more to choose from, including spotimc

https://superrepo.org/get-started/

For me this all installs fine but when I start the add-on it says it needs to download some additional stuff. I then get permission denied errors as it tries to write to something it downloaded to mnt/utmp/yaddayadda folder. Can any one help me out with this?

Last edited:
Back