Juggling with some numbers (2011 - 03 - 29)

200 new boards just arrived and if we're lucky CC might rush those board repairs (almost all are simple) and we could see 600 boards by the end of next week.

(Stuck gramophone...) And how far through batch 1 will that take us... And how far through batch 1 will that take us... And how far through batch 1 will that take us...

Well they are now promising to be finished the full 4000 by May. I doubt that includes the repairs though, but who knows, maybe it will.

Awesome! Would that be May 2011? I'm only asking cause here's a quote from an email I received 29/04/10:

My Email from 29/04/2010 said:
Any orders placed now are expected to be shipped in May.

Thanks

Debs

I'm only asking, cause I'm a bit concerned that I'll disintegrate if I have to wait till after the Olympics or something (that's the 2012 Olympics I'm talking about, you knew that right?). And please, don't get upset, I just want to make sure I have something solid to pin my false hopes on.

Though I'm inclined to take the piss, I do appreciate your efforts, and indeed your answer (well, possibly not your next one if it's along the lines of "FOAD"). I genuinely hope I can appreciate your product as well.

200 new boards just arrived and if we're lucky CC might rush those board repairs (almost all are simple) and we could see 600 boards by the end of next week.

(Stuck gramophone...) And how far through batch 1 will that take us... And how far through batch 1 will that take us... And how far through batch 1 will that take us...

Well they are now promising to be finished the full 4000 by May. I doubt that includes the repairs though, but who knows, maybe it will.

Awesome! Would that be May 2011? I'm only asking cause here's a quote from an email I received 29/04/10:

My Email from 29/04/2010 said:
Any orders placed now are expected to be shipped in May.

Thanks

Debs

I'm only asking, cause I'm a bit concerned that I'll disintegrate if I have to wait till after the Olympics or something (that's the 2012 Olympics I'm talking about, you knew that right?). And please, don't get upset, I just want to make sure I have something solid to pin my false hopes on.

Though I'm inclined to take the piss, I do appreciate your efforts, and indeed your answer (well, possibly not your next one if it's along the lines of "FOAD"). I genuinely hope I can appreciate your product as well.

just a fun parallel i found.

I have been waiting like mad for the Asus eee note, it have been released in taiwan but will "soon" be released in the rest of the world, i have sent mail to asus and asked, and they got no idea when the device will be available and to what price. (asus had a release date set to February.) it was released in Taiwan in Nov 2010.

its always hard with time and hardware releases, if not even the big guys who can buy their own factory's can keep their schedule, its not too surprising that OpenPandora have a bit of problems..

If i do not get mine by the end of June, i have to change shipping adress for the fourth time :p

i move alot...
I've already changed my address four times and that's only because I didn't update the address when I moved to one of my houses for only a few months. Even then I'm going to get DHL to change my address to get it sent to my work.

Also I really hope my pandora is in those next 200. I wasn't expecting to have my 3DS before my pandora! I would really hope so as my order is between 900-1000

Last edited by a moderator:
Will the "full 4000" include the boards for batch 2 or only batch 1? I believe the average number of boards that CircuitCo churns out is 250 per week (for now).

Will the "full 4000" include the boards for batch 2 or only batch 1? I believe the average number of boards that CircuitCo churns out is 250 per week (for now).

Only Batch 1. Batch 2 starts after that, and as the boards are brand new, they shouldn't have that many failures.

250 per week seems reasonable, yes.

250 per week seems reasonable, yes.

Cool. That means I will get mine in... about TWO MONTHS!

This never gets old ;)

As for updates:

I do not need to know when exactly I will get my unit.

I ask thoose of you who do: "What Is The Point?"

Have patience, have faith.

Hey - maybe some dose of religion makes it easier for you:

The many kobolds are waiting for the moment their evil dragon overlord will supply them with

their personal box of pandora so that every one of them may unleash all the evils of mankind.

They say the time is nigh. In two moons cometh the time of delivery!

I am almost certain that I have been bump up to batch 1 because half of batch 1 pre-orders should have gone to the mad house by now waiting for months delivery.

Well, now it is a bit more clear :)

I just hope.... that it is really working... I will tell when i receive mine. i am said to be 1150-1250 in craigxs 2 years ago... nowdays i dont know, it should be less, never bigger, but lets say a save number. 1500. with this numbers of 250 per week, it shouldnt be more than 3 weeks... to receive the email... we will see...

Well, now it is a bit more clear :)

I just hope.... that it is really working... I will tell when i receive mine. i am said to be 1150-1250 in craigxs 2 years ago... nowdays i dont know, it should be less, never bigger, but lets say a save number. 1500. with this numbers of 250 per week, it shouldnt be more than 3 weeks... to receive the email... we will see...

If the maths is correct then you should get yours next week or the week after - hope you do as mine will follow shortly after.

That is unless the queue has been messed up completely - in which case you never know I may get mine tomorrow!

I see these numbers and they seem a bit confusing to me. Perhaps you are giving us too much information which is why people are getting so confused. If you just stated how many Pandoras are left to ship until batch one is finished and then keep updating that number weekly it might remove all the confusion. Its nice to know CC has sent the boards across but at the end of the day its when the units are completed and shipped out to the customers is what matters to everyone. Perhaps you could also add this in the current status. You could even separate this into how many left to go from the different suppliers as well for example Craigix has 1000 to go and Eviddragon has 300 to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to give you a heads up I was a day 1 order with range of 950-1050 and I got my email for shipment 1 April Hooah

I got notification of mine shipping on shortly after midnight on April Fools Day as well and was assured it in fact wasn't just a joke by Jacquelyn (not that I really thought they'd be evil enough to do that to us original preorderers that have been waiting ~2 1/2 years at this point :p ). I should have mine in roughly 2 weeks going by how long my iCP order took to arrive after shipping notification. I suppose I should start reading in earnest on the must-have PND's, etc., at this point. :)

Back