Juggling with some numbers (2011 - 03 - 29)

Many thanks for the status update Ed,

Even if the "news" is not always good, as is quite often the case the updates surely help alleviate the wait (at least for me) i'm certain more frequent status updates would help prevent further cancellations (even if it's only a couple of sentences just to say, nothing new to report etc)

One question though - if they have shipped 2400 boards to you, why are we still seeing people on Craig's queue at around 1000 saying they have still not received their Pandora?

That.. as someone once said, is the question.. i'm sure i am not the only one that would appreciate some clarification on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also boards shipped to me means boards shipped to OP can't you just say Pandora's Shipped?

Because it's not the same thing. However, "Pandoras shipped" is exactly what I want to see.

I don't care that much how well CC are doing; I want to know how well OP are doing. (I know OP ultimately rely on CC and other suppliers, but telling me how well CC is doing doesn't help me know how well OP are doing...) In fact, knowing that CC are ramping up production and pushing out boards even faster could just be giving us false hope, unless we can see that OP can keep up with CC...

I'd like to see an update once per week about how many Pandoras were sent out from OP to customers in the previous week. I don't care if some of those are RMA replacements, I just want to see weekly progress reports, even if they are frequently along the lines of "sorry, only 10 Pandoras out this week".

PS: if I see weekly updates like this, I don't even care where I am in the queue, or how many were shipped before now, or how many have been RMA'd, or anything like that; I just want to see how we're doing right now.

Many thanks for the status update Ed,

Even if the "news" is not always good, as is quite often the case the updates surely help alleviate the wait (at least for me) i'm certain more frequent status updates would help prevent further cancellations (even if it's only a couple of sentences just to say, nothing new to report etc)

One question though - if they have shipped 2400 boards to you, why are we still seeing people on Craig's queue at around 1000 saying they have still not received their Pandora?

That.. as someone once said, is the question.. i'm sure i am not the only one that would appreciate some clarification on this.

Well, from 4000 units, I get 800, so with 2400, that's about 480, which means, the maximum number from Craig's queue would be 1900.

Then substract the 300 I mention that has been shipped back because they are broken, that's 1600. Substract another 300 because of the one-nubbers and you're at about 1300.

I think about 100 might've been premium ones, so you're down to 1200.

He's still building boards (I saw some shipping notifications from the normal queue) so we're getting closer to about 1100 actually shipped from his queue number, though thanks to the one-nubbers, 300 of the higher queue-numbers have been shipped already.

I've seen some people reporting they got their unit already (queue position 1100 or similar), and some who were below 1000. I think Jaquelyne made some mistake with some queue numbers one time.

PS: if I see weekly updates like this, I don't even care where I am in the queue, or how many were shipped before now, or how many have been RMA'd, or anything like that; I just want to see how we're doing right now.

Agreed. Regular (e.g. weekly) summary posts of how it is going, even if it is "we are still waiting on XYZ" will lower the anxiety level a lot. I realize you don't necessarily want to publish your RMA percentages, but providing at least some update with as much detail as you care to issue would be better than weeks of silence.

Hi, nice to have some news

Indeed a weekly update could be really nice, a good think would be to have a cum-sum graphic with the "2nd Batch" threshold.

It give to important information: How far we are from the end of the batch one, and so, how close we are form the beginning of the batch 2.

The rank in the queue is an information with is apparently not really accurate, and gave a lot a confusion. That right that the information of the "Pandora shipped evolution" is a really good information to temper the mood ^^

The others information are interesting too, as I really think to be part of the project (Otherwise I would have already cancel).

Peace & Pandora :D

Wait Dead1nside talks of 3700 Boards, TylerAW says 3300. Does this mean Batch one has shortened? I ordered Oct. 09 and ED said that I am at the very end of Batch 1 which was 4000 back then. Does this mean I could be pushed back into batch 2 preorders? This would really suck!

Wait Dead1nside talks of 3700 Boards, TylerAW says 3300. Does this mean Batch one has shortened? I ordered Oct. 09 and ED said that I am at the very end of Batch 1 which was 4000 back then. Does this mean I could be pushed back into batch 2 preorders? This would really suck!

No, we didn't outsell Batch 1, we get 3900 boards alltogether, a few hundred were planned as RMA units, this is the number 3600 - 3700.

However, quite a few cancelled on the way, so my guess was that Batch 1 is basically through with 3300 out of those 3900 units.

The remaining ones will either be premium orders or batch 2 orders.

It's also worth knowing that batch2 will follow directly on from batch1, so we actually have several thousand extra units which are not yet sold. There won't be a shortage.

I was curious to know what is the most amount of Pandora's that 1 person has ordered and received?

I herd there were some people who bought quite a bunch early and sold on ebay.??

Last edited:
No, we didn't outsell Batch 1, we get 3900 boards alltogether, a few hundred were planned as RMA units, this is the number 3600 - 3700.

However, quite a few cancelled on the way, so my guess was that Batch 1 is basically through with 3300 out of those 3900 units.

The remaining ones will either be premium orders or batch 2 orders.

It's also worth knowing that batch2 will follow directly on from batch1, so we actually have several thousand extra units which are not yet sold. There won't be a shortage.

Whilst the end of batch1 will be a monkey off your back the completion of the current Batch2 pre-orders is the key goal.

Stating the blooming obvious, the 1000s of unsold batch2 Pandoras are the cause of your cashflow issues.

Clear to this point and every Pandora becomes a premium Pandora and ... and you'll have stock!!!!

Then you can start screaming from the rooftops and many people that would not entertain buying-up-front, as we all have, will come running.

With CC working hard to smooth production then the future is rosy.

On that positive note... it doesn't help me waiting for mine. :p

Thanks ED! Was what I've been wanting for a while now :) It would be cool if you forward any future emails like these to the forums too. Thanks again.

Thanks for the update Craig and ED, it is greatly appreciated. I get anxious about when I'll get my unit and these updates do help.

ED, that post of yours is the most clarifying so far, should be stickied on the front page

maybe the trolls will stop complaining lack of info and stfu
Lack of info? You ever heard the the term "using grandiose phraseology to cover up your terminological inexactitudes"? It means overwhelming people with long words, too much information, so they think they're getting what they want.

There is a lack of info - how many people are still waiting for Pandoras? When I read the first post on this thread, I thought it was a joke; it's just ED throwing numbers at us. I don't give twopence how many boards have been produced, how many Batch 2s have ordered - I want to know how many Pandoras have gone out to their patient owners. I want to know whether or not OPT are going to keep their promises. It looks like no. Another month gone by. No Pandora. What about next month? Month after? I can't afford this, I've got £10 to my name, quite literally, until a couple of weeks into next month, but I've got over £300 tied up God only knows where - and I'm desperate for money.

I think I'm entitled to know how many people have been served, how many are left to serve before I get mine. When I go to a restaurant and order food, I don't want to know how many people have ordered a steak, I don't care how many people sent their pizzas back, I couldn't give a sh' if they're still waiting for a shipment of cabbage. Same with the Pandora; I don't care any more. I want it, and I'm sick of being told to wait one more month, two more months.

Long story short: Pandora count-down, please. I want to know how long I've got to wait. I want to know how out-dated this sh's going to be when it finally comes through my door, because at this rate I might be donating it, unused, to a museum.

Back