Release Jazz Jackrabbit 2

This is great - your Diablo port was amazing work, and this is good fun too. I never liked platforming on the PC (back in the days of 2/386) as they didn't feel smooth like the Amiga did... This is no different, but still playable.

I'd also second an attempt at Age of Empires (or AoE2 Age of Kings!) as they were awesome games.

D.

Max Payne please!  :)   I have the game but never had the time to finish it.  Maybe will do on Pandora since I can play 1 or 2 hours each day on the bus :)

Mininum System Requirement:

CPU:    450 MHz AMD / Intel Processor (or compatible)
RAM:    96 MB RAM
GPU:    16 MB Direct3D Compatible Graphics Card
DX:    DirectX 8.0 or newer
OS:    Windows 95 (OSR2 or later), Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows 2000

This static recompilation thing is really awesome for Pandora really.  It opens door to so many PC games/applications for Pandora and lengthen its life indefinitely!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mininum System Requirement:

DX:    DirectX 8.0 or newer
Static recompilation is one thing. fixing an issue or two like notaz have done in diablo can be done if the coder is awesome enough.but adding a migration from Direct3D to openGLES to a static recompilation projet is way to much to ask imho.

We need simple POC first, with C/C++ simple program to comple against Wine and check, step by step, the status of glshim support.

Porting directly to GLES an decompiled software seems a bit huge indeed...

For Max Payne it would make much more sense to write a apkenv module to just make use of official GLES port, although who knows if they left keyboard controls intact.

Farox, on 04 May 2015 - 11:36 PM, said: I also want to suggest a game...Jungle Strike or Desert Strike but i'm most interested on first (as i have a CD rom of it) :) Are the PC versions really better than the console ones?
yeah maybe you are right...i have only played the Amiga version of the game back in the day, and never the PC version.

Another suggestion ...Resident Evil ?

@Farox same question, from what I recall the PC version of Resident Evil was a pretty dodgy port, weird graphics/glitches, surely the original PS1 on emulator is the better choice here. If it was the case notaz had a 'one click' type system, then I could understand a bunch of simple things being knocked out, but something which is going to take somewhere between weeks and months to do, I would have thought he'd want to look at titles which have high demand and also can't currently be run on the Pandora

Ok i'm stop suggesting...i'll let notaz choise the next game candidate.

I'm (always) happy with every game he choise... :)

Maaaayyyybe... Fallout.

I missed Jazz Jackrabbit in my youth. It looks pretty impressive, though, so thank you.

+1 for fallout... fallout 2 even? one can dream.

a realy realy nice Game that runs fluid on my Pandora,see here:
Thanks for the video, but do you really get such a huge audio lag? Or is it something with the video?
I don't think it's audio lag, I believe it's the crackling sound of the torches/fires on the walls.

When I save the game, the save sreenshot seems to be messed up, but it is not a big problem.  The big problem is when I load the save, I get black screen but I can still hear the audio running in the background.  The only way to exit the game was to perform a hard reset.

I don't think it's audio lag, I believe it's the crackling sound of the torches/fires on the walls.
What I meant was sound effects playing over a second later than they should.
When I save the game, the save sreenshot seems to be messed up, but it is not a big problem.  The big problem is when I load the save, I get black screen but I can still hear the audio running in the background.  The only way to exit the game was to perform a hard reset.
Hmm yeah the screenshot is messed up, but it loads fine form me. Maybe you hit alt+enter that time? Right now it sometimes results in black screen, but you can press alt+enter again to recover.

I did not hit alt+enter.  Anyway, I tried to load it again and now it crashed completely.  I restarted the Pandora, and tried to launch the game again but nothing happened after that.    Here's the pnd out.

pndrun_jazz2.txt

Attachments

• pndrun_jazz2.txt
    2.1 KB · Views: 265
Is that the whole pndrun.out file?  Cos it looks kinda short to me.  It's unusual to be able to kill the pnd running shell, so that normally prints out the success or not message after then tries to umount stuff, but none of that is there.

I guess the process might still be running.  I don't like the look of that fbdev message so perhaps it wasn't able to configure the screen, so is just sat there waiting for something to happen.

Yeah I think something is running in the background 'cause my Pandora feels extremely sluggish after the crash.

Edit:  Confirmed by Live System Info that something is definitely still running in the background  after the crash as CPU stays at 100%!  Long press of the Pandora button showed Jazz JackRabbit 2 still running in the kill process dialog box.  After killing it, CPU returned to 0~1%.

Yeah I think something is running in the background 'cause my Pandora feels extremely sluggish after the crash.

Edit:  Confirmed by Live System Info that something is definitely still running in the background  after the crash as CPU stays at 100%!  Long press of the Pandora button showed Jazz JackRabbit 2 still running in the kill process dialog box.  After killing it, CPU returned to 0~1%.
OMG the first virus on Pandora :p ??

More seriously...i have found time to test this game and i must say its another great work.

Working very fine from controls to save games , and i must say its really fun to play.

Thanks notaz!! B) B)

I forgot to mention that I played and saved the game on one of my other Pandora (Pandora #1).  I then took the SD cards out of Pandora #1 and tried to run the game from the saved point in Pandora #1 on Pandora #2, and this is when I got this problem.  I started a new game on Pandora #2, created a save on Pandora #2, and the game loaded fine from the save made on Pandora #2.

So it seems like saves from this game are not cross-Pandora compatible?  

I tested a bit on a CC Pandora. Works very well. The game is fluid and responsive, graphics and sound as I remember them.

Impressive work, again! 

So it seems like saves from this game are not cross-Pandora compatible?  
I suspect the game is saving pointers into the savestates, because I did a recompile an all saves now crash the game. This will be hard to fix :(

Back