It's the speed that counts.

A realy cool Idea would be a Colour that consume the Light and when you put your Light off...
...then your Pyra will Shine in blue without Energy Consumtion.

That would be realy cool...
...is that Possible?

A Glowing Pyra?

View attachment 32117

A "Glow in the Dark Pyra" has been one of my ongoing requests...
A render of what it might look like:
https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/threads/a-spectrum-of-pyra-renders.76573/page-7#post-1364644

I would actually prefer if it were an 'opaque' glow in the dark. But - the general idea is that the Pyra's lights & backlights would energize the glow in the dark material resulting in an extended 'fall off' effect from the surrounding plastics.

If an alarm goes off on the Pyra (phone rings, whatever), then it would continue to glow a bit while you find it in the dark. Alternatively when you get done gaming, it should glow for a bit as it, 'cools down'.

Unfortunately, it was prohibitively expensive to even create a few prototype ones with the previous plastics vendor. If the new plastics vendor wants to impress us all with variety, I'd like to see a few glow in the dark examples - and maybe even get one shipped over the Atlantic to me.

@Grench

..that..that...that...green Shine in the Dark is realy Great.

Why does that remind me on Matrix?

Genious Idea..thank you for that Picture/Rendering ;)

My vote, as if it counts for anything, is for a dab of that vampire red. Muahaha!

Shame it's described as high gloss. but the colour is spot on; if we aren't going for a very dark gunmetal grey that is.
Well, if you're being a vamp for prefering night over day for working focussed(ly?), then the colour is just right for me. :)

Having worked in window and door projects in Germany, having read all the tender documents with the requirements they place on their buildings and all their functional and decorative elements, and the strictness under which they ensure that everything delivered to housing projects Germany is hot-dip galvanized and powder coated with tough coating and burglar-proof and child-safe, I am very positive that any coating used on the Pyra will also be top-notch, child-safe and requiring 10 aggresive minutes with a test-issued ax to break into :)

Also dropping this here not as requirement/wish, but an interesting tidbit for use in handhelds: there are novelty powder coatings which change hue according to temperature, supposedly observable every 1 or 2 degrees- imagine a blue Pyra when note-taking, and having it become fire-red in your hands as you launch some resource-hungry game. If this'd work as well as we imagine it, it might be quite the marketing gimmick

Having worked in window and door projects in Germany, having read all the tender documents with the requirements they place on their buildings and all their functional and decorative elements, and the strictness under which they ensure that everything delivered to housing projects Germany is hot-dip galvanized and powder coated with tough coating and burglar-proof and child-safe, I am very positive that any coating used on the Pyra will also be top-notch, child-safe and requiring 10 aggresive minutes with a test-issued ax to break into :)

Also dropping this here not as requirement/wish, but an interesting tidbit for use in handhelds: there are novelty powder coatings which change hue according to temperature, supposedly observable every 1 or 2 degrees- imagine a blue Pyra when note-taking, and having it become fire-red in your hands as you launch some resource-hungry game. If this'd work as well as we imagine it, it might be quite the marketing gimmick

You want people to see it constantly overheating? :p

I would like a normal black, Blue or Green Pyra, as the Case of my Ebook is Green...
Glad to hear that they make the 500 Cases, so the it cant be far till the move to the new company..

Im looking forward for the non transparent cases from the new company..
And the Improved Bottom Part, but this will have time until the Pyra is out and the Produktion is running..

The Pandora was simply painted, not coated, that's why you can easily scratch the paint off.
The coating is something completely different: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powder_coating

The wooden-looking panel in a car, for example, is a coated plastic.
Or even simple things like vacuum cleaners (not the cheap ones, but a bit more expensive ones).
If the brushed-aluminium-look coating on my laptop is anything to go by, coatings wear through in a year or two of daily handling.

One rarely touches the dashboard of a car or the coated parts of a vacuum cleaner (which usually have "rubber" handles); a Pyra, on the other hand, is definitely going to be touched. A lot.

If you do go for a coating, please consider matching the underlying plastic as closely as possible to the coating colour because it is going to show through sooner or later.

If the brushed-aluminium-look coating on my laptop is anything to go by, coatings wear through in a year or two of daily handling.

One rarely touches the dashboard of a car or the coated parts of a vacuum cleaner (which usually have "rubber" handles); a Pyra, on the other hand, is definitely going to be touched. A lot.

If you do go for a coating, please consider matching the underlying plastic as closely as possible to the coating colour because it is going to show through sooner or later.

Don't touch Pyra. She's a lady.

You mean tiny dildos, right? I thought so, too.

Sorta NSFW
DNGd_8hVQAAbVjZ.jpg

awww, it's sooooo cute!

Back