It's the speed that counts.

Its a/b/g/n.
I hope this means n (2,4GHz) as well as an (5GHz).
It does not support ac.

If so, then we would need to consider the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz results independently. 5Ghz transmits a lot of data in a hurry, but has very limited range. 2.4 Ghz is a more reliable connection with better travel around & through walls and is in a more crowded band space.

I think the main takeaway here though is that Pyra's WiFi already works WAAAYYY better than the onboard WiFi ever dreamed of in the Pandora.

So happy the new guys are gamers, makes every bit of difference when it comes to minutia.

My thoughts on paint is that it is needless complexion and possibly something that makes things stick.
Instead, go with the environmental angle. Less paint is more better.

Not sure I like 3M as a company. Silicon glass sounds a lot like an insulator. Glass fibre sounds stronger, are these small irregular shapes, or does it melt?
What is the implication on 5GHz networks?

My body is ready.

Edit: Is it possible to go with only glass/silicone to have a semi/translucent case?

Last edited:
Good shoulder buttons is important, and is something that's often missed by many systems and controllers. I do however really support the decision to push for a completed product ASAP (can't wait!), and sell the upgraded cases later.

Hi there,

Good news ! I trust in Pyra's team, you guys are the best !

I risk an off-topic question : according to waiting-in-Pyras time, is there possible expecting LCD cable for my first-version-very-old-Pandora ?

[mmmmh.....I'm afraid of knowing the answer.....]

According to my contact, they improved the shoulder buttons and are now producing 500 cases.
[doublepost=1540432322,1540431442][/doublepost]
Did we not learn from the Pandora then? Coatings of paint? Really?

The Pandora was simply painted, not coated, that's why you can easily scratch the paint off.
The coating is something completely different: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powder_coating

The wooden-looking panel in a car, for example, is a coated plastic.
Or even simple things like vacuum cleaners (not the cheap ones, but a bit more expensive ones).

You can see some nice examples of powder-coating here:
https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors

They mostly have high-glossy colors there, but at the exhibition, I've seen beautiful matte but slightly metallic looking colors.

The question is: Is that affordable? :)

If it turns out that the shoulder buttons are still iffy, the new company is helping to improve them right?

If it turns out that the shoulder buttons are still iffy, the new company is helping to improve them right?

Another thing is way more important for me though:
These guys want to help me.
They're both gamers, Ilias is especially annoyed if shoulder buttons are bad, so he wants to make them as good as possible.
Also, they want to improve the design and already have a lot of ideas for that.
I would say that is a yes...

I didn't expect to be proven wrong when I said to avoid FormAction.

On the other hand I also don't expect anyone to be impressed that I was right.

According to my contact, they improved the shoulder buttons and are now producing 500 cases.
[doublepost=1540432322,1540431442][/doublepost]

The Pandora was simply painted, not coated, that's why you can easily scratch the paint off.
The coating is something completely different: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powder_coating

The wooden-looking panel in a car, for example, is a coated plastic.
Or even simple things like vacuum cleaners (not the cheap ones, but a bit more expensive ones).

You can see some nice examples of powder-coating here:
https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors

They mostly have high-glossy colors there, but at the exhibition, I've seen beautiful matte but slightly metallic looking colors.

The question is: Is that affordable? :)

some amazing purples at that link just saying ;)

A realy cool Idea would be a Colour that consume the Light and when you put your Light off...
...then your Pyra will Shine in blue without Energy Consumtion.

That would be realy cool...
...is that Possible?

A Glowing Pyra?

snapshot.jpg

Back