It's software this time!

Should davesha skip the queue so he can work directly on the Pyra?

• Yes

Votes: 174 99.4%
  • No

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Reminds me a bit of this cool old Jonny Cash Song "One Peace a Time, and it ditnt cost me a Dime", Where the German Singer Gunter Gabriel made a German Cover "Ich nehm nur ein Stückchen pro Tag, und es kostet mich keine Mark", where they sung about a Factory Worker who dreamd to have a expensive Car, so he took on Piece a Time, as this where not that risky as to take the whole car, and in the end, he build this car, and is quite proud about his new Car, even if it ditnt work that good because whit the long time he made this project, some parts where from a Model on a diverent Year ^^

Dont ask me why i listen to Jonny Cash or Gunter Gabriel ^^

Dont ask me why i listen to Jonny Cash or Gunter Gabriel ^^
I'm not fond of 90% of what falls into the genre of "Country Music", but I do like Johnny Cash. I think it is mostly due to the story telling aspect of his songs.

But, we're straying off topic again - this time into music.

Software developments - most of those are over in Dave's thread right now. The real cure for the off topic here would be a new news thread - which should wait until there is new news.

I know, there is no exactly Date for the Produktion yet, 2 - 3 Weeks after the last thuesday when EvilDragon made this post may be end of next week
But how will the Gamescom delay the Produktion? Is Dragonbox Shop going to be there, or not because its only Digital this year ??
I know from our Conventios whe had at our Beeceeper Busines, that the preparing of such a Booth can eat lots of work hours, so not going to the Convention means less work, but also less orders..

I know, there is no exactly Date for the Produktion yet, 2 - 3 Weeks after the last thuesday when EvilDragon made this post may be end of next week
But how will the Gamescom delay the Produktion? Is Dragonbox Shop going to be there, or not because its only Digital this year ??
I know from our Conventios whe had at our Beeceeper Busines, that the preparing of such a Booth can eat lots of work hours, so not going to the Convention means less work, but also less orders..

We have two live slots at the Gamescom digital where we'll show some upcoming new games for Retro consoles as well as general new hardware for retro stuff.

These two slots will not affect the production at all :)

First 300 Cases are being coated right now (black color), the mass produced heatpipes should be finished August 8th, I'm waiting for the final box design from Traylorpark and am working on the manual right now.

Then all the hardware will be here, so hopefully, daveshah will have squished most bugs then as well... as it would mean we'd be ready for shipping.

Are there still spaces for preorders or would a current preorder fall into a second batch?
There is ALWAYS space to preorder. That being said, the Second batch is still quite optimistic, maybe third batch. Remember, there were more than 500 preorders in the first week alone.

We have two live slots at the Gamescom digital where we'll show some upcoming new games for Retro consoles as well as general new hardware for retro stuff.

These two slots will not affect the production at all :)

First 300 Cases are being coated right now (black color), the mass produced heatpipes should be finished August 8th, I'm waiting for the final box design from Traylorpark and am working on the manual right now.

Then all the hardware will be here, so hopefully, daveshah will have squished most bugs then as well... as it would mean we'd be ready for shipping.

300 black does that mean youve already did a colour survey or are you making 50/50 black/chrome

Och nö I wanted dark chrome:(
„(heul)“

But it’s seems like it’s now getting serious whit the Massproduktion

Whit best regards, Matthias

So basically, if you're in a hurry, opt for a black one. I won't be manipulated like that, though. I wait for dark red or safety orange. Nah, I go for dark chrome. Still hoping for cases in proper colours and/or transparent (but from the latest mold revision) being available sometime later.

So basically, if you're in a hurry, opt for a black one. I won't be manipulated like that, though. I wait for dark red or safety orange. Nah, I go for dark chrome. Still hoping for cases in proper colours and/or transparent (but from the latest mold revision) being available sometime later.

Nope, that won't change. Dark Chrome and Black will be ready at the same time, but we'll start assembling the lids first, then the rest.
So we'll start assembling 300 black lids and until then, the poll and the needed number of case colors will be ready as well.

Breadbin or C64C ? :p
Personally I'd be for SX-64 portable color scheme.

commodore-sx-64.jpg

Personally I'd be for SX-64 portable color scheme.

commodore-sx-64.jpg
Curiously that is still a brown colour, though it's only arguably a beige, because most things on wikipedia's beige page at least are significantly more yellow or more red, whereas this colour, if you boost the saturation and increase the value, you get orange. If you start at pale brown and reduce the saturation even further, that's what you get.

Last edited:
Reactions: rSl
Back