It's software this time!

Should davesha skip the queue so he can work directly on the Pyra?

• Yes

Votes: 174 99.4%
  • No

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

There is another thread somewhere (which I failed to find) that mentions the SATA adapter, that one is full of 'I'm ins' too. Maybe @hns could start a poll thread like he did for the pandy screen cables to better judge interest?

Reactions: rSl
Yeah for thread clutter, yeah I'll for sure want one or two.

I will have micro USB 3.0 otg cable if it becomes available ( male micro USB 3.0 to female USB A cable). I don't see myself using SATA adapter though.

The adapter looks like this:

View attachment 36200View attachment 36201View attachment 36202

ED hasn't decided yet to offer it in his store. And before I can start some small series production we need an estimate how many units we should make.
Is it possible to get USB and SATA connectors that are designed to be mounted at 90° to the PCB? (it occurs to me that it could be a lot more compact if the pcb could be vertical behind the connectors instead of horizontal, but I have no idea if such a thing is in any way practical)

-Neelix

I will have micro USB 3.0 otg cable if it becomes available ( male micro USB 3.0 to female USB A cable). I don't see myself using SATA adapter though.
I have a few USB 3.0 OTG cables myself, but I'm kind of in a why not both camp. I could foresee in a tech support situation where I'd want to do a fast data transfer between drives on the fastest interfaces, or perhaps my idea of making my own docking station where I have multiple drives.

Is it possible to get USB and SATA connectors that are designed to be mounted at 90° to the PCB? (it occurs to me that it could be a lot more compact if the pcb could be vertical behind the connectors instead of horizontal, but I have no idea if such a thing is in any way practical)

-Neelix
You mean a mechanical construction like for the Pandora Console adapter?
One issue to take care of is that you can still open the lid. This limits the max. dimensions of the PCB which must accomodate tree connectors and the amplifier chip.
And I have not found an USB3 plug (the one going into the Pyra) which can be vertically mounted to the PCB. Vertical USB2 and SATA sockets are easier to find.

Looking on my local amazon site now, I seem to get spammed with USB2 cables when I search for usb 3 OTG microUSB cables. But I've managed to find one, and may be ordering that one soon, even though it's a fugly thing with a unused USB-C plug stucking out of the front of it.

So much negativity here on the boards.
I never expected to meet someone with such an attitude.
Is that a joke or you were seriously expecting everyone to buy few SATA adapters just to prove positivity ? As a matter of fact I don't own anything that I can connect to pyra using SATA port so such an adapter doesn't make a sense to me, unless I tear down enclosures of my portable HDD to expose SATA ports.

Back