It reminds me of the Pandora!

We're already nearly a year in to the pandemic and it's worse than ever.
I don't know where you live but in a lot of places this is simply not true. Places where people have been taking proper precautions and adhering to sound medical advise have been able to get moving and going about business quite well.

It's not perfect but it's come a long way so far. I feel that blanket statements like yours above, while maybe not totally unfounded for some places perhaps, isn't reflective of all the efforts and progress that has been made, and ends up coming across as a tad FUDish, even if that wasn't your intention.

At least make it clear for what locale you're referring to as it's important to remember how wide the scope of this project is, having a truly international community.

I'd love a dreamcast emulator. I'm a huge fan of Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2. Is there any chance of the Pyra ever supporting fullspeed Dreamcast emulation?

Hope you're willing to patiently wait for that CPU board upgrade, then. (Or possibly even a successor
-God Ginrai
I mean, there isn't even a good one period yet. If the upgrade / successor can get a good one, I'll be amazed. Brute Force on a Pyra^2 would be awesome. Damn, I miss that game.

i kinda like Craig. he seems quirky, humorous, muddled and cunning. but clearly not that smart, he didn't fake his own death.

Dreamcast, old school FPS...awesome ! :)
As we are here, what could we expect with PSP emulator ? Do someone have information or guesses ?

oh, in my 1Ghz Edition PPSSPP works very bad for the few games I tried...the pyra will be plenty of new games for me, I'm happy !

Discord? Proprietary software bad.
I agree but then we need a good open replacement. It needs to have text and voice, and video and desktop streaming. Otherwise it's hard to play things like Jackbox or D&D. And it's nice to have it all in one place. The only way to get people away from proprietary services is to make open ones that have a similar feature set.

I agree but then we need a good open replacement. It needs to have text and voice, and video and desktop streaming. Otherwise it's hard to play things like Jackbox or D&D. And it's nice to have it all in one place. The only way to get people away from proprietary services is to make open ones that have a similar feature set.
A good combination, that we implement at our customers, is RocketChat with Jitsi or BigBlueButton integration.
Runs like a charm, is open-source, really fast and with very good videoconference and desktop sharing integration.
And for D&D, I've got a dice-bot integration ;-)

Rather than "proprietary software bad", I think we should be saying "open software good"

That's a good, positive outlook, although it's important to remember why we need to preach about why exactly "open software is good" - and the one of the biggest reasons is that it is not proprietary.

For DragonBox / ED, agree we need something that the average user finds easy and confortable to use, and unfortunately Discord is probably the most popular. Also, at least with Discord you can see messages that you missed while offline - something I wish IRC had (without additional work in setting up a solution for).

Reactions: rSl
A good combination, that we implement at our customers, is RocketChat with Jitsi or BigBlueButton integration.
Runs like a charm, is open-source, really fast and with very good videoconference and desktop sharing integration.
And for D&D, I've got a dice-bot integration ;-)
Thank you! I'll look this stuff up.

I have been using discord more and more, I like the fact that messages and data are stored and one can scroll back to even before he joined a server.
I've set up a C64 channel but I have no clue how to make it open and findable...

Back