It reminds me of the Pandora!

I am convinced! So it is 13 weeks to christmas. 100 units can be produced per week, around 1100 to produce. So everyone is having a pyra on christmas, even if there are some small delays. That is good news!

You didn't even care to read and think, did you?
Ah, no, right. You're the smartest guy in the world, obviously! Forgot about that.

Never pay attention to people who want to troll. But putting out intentionally misinformation like wrong production numbers should be enough to get banned. This can be dangerous and erode trust in a product.

Cool, so around 100 units are about to be finished and shipped, which means there are 100 lucky pre-orderers bound to receive a unit in the near future, which translates to a lot of reviews about to be written.

Why do you think I'm doing all that alone? Never did that for the Pandora.

I think some people translates "in house" by you assembling Pyras on your own on a dark basement somehow like this...:

"...
Ok, speakers check... now where did I put the screw... that I was about to...
Wait no.... the screwdriver... where.... you naughty fellow....
Gotcha.
Now this over here.... a bit of duct tape... so the flux capacitor stays in place...
...."

I guess that's what would translate as 20 Pyras a day and 1 working day a week :D

The Pyra will replace my Windows PC and my Pandora, but not my Android or IOS Devices, simply because the Screen of the Android Tablet is cool for watching Streaming Videos, and im too deep in the Apple Cosmos that i can Change now..
Apple Music is quite confortable to controll whit the Watch..

But i looking forward for the wayrd looks from these whole Apple Hipsters when i sitt somewhere, Macdonalds or something, and have this cool Device on the Table whit the Iluminated Logo and Keyboard, features that the newer Macbooks lack..

Oh and i think i found a solution to have some sort of a Smartphone Holder for my Pyra Video: i have a Car Windshield Holder for my Smartphone, and if i put this on the Screen of my Android Tablett, this may work..

Never pay attention to people who want to troll.

Why? This is always a very emotional thread here in the news section and in my opinion this is the right place to do that. I would not do that in threads where there is a rational discussion for example about the advantages and disadvantages of an emulator.

should be enough to get banned.

I am on this community since when? 2006? 2007? Doesn't that mean, even if you don't like me or how i act, that from a meta point of view i belong to this community here as the guy that knows everything better?

ED said:
You're the smartest guy in the world

This is the first time and it feels very hard for me to admit that:

You are right!

I wonder if this whole situation was the Same on the Pandora, expecly whit Craig who somethimes wasnt that nice to members
(Killing isnt nice but it works (Sorry couldnt resist, even thought this was a Quote from ED) ) , i remember the day somewhone asked for Overclocking and he wrote that he will ban the member because this..,

Shure whe are now quite emotional loaded because the Release may be near, but bevor this newspost some questions wherend answered, maybe because of the lack of spare time..

Peaple forgett often that this Pyra Thing may be not that Important for them as its for EvilDragons Company:
After all, its just a Toy and Nice to Have thing for me, but nothing my Finanzial Succes of me or my Beeceeper Company would relay on,

But for EvilDragon, this Pyra Thing is quite Important as he put a lot of work and money in it..

Oh and 500k Sells in your Dragonbox Shop sounds a lot for me, some companys whit more employes and bigger shops may get less per yeahr..

This is always a very emotional thread here in the news section and in my opinion this is the right place to do that

I disagree. While there may have been one or two outbursts, those are very much in the minority - I still am hugely impressed by how patient most pre-orderers are.

Even if it were true, then trolling (to attempt to kindle a fire) would make this absolutely not the right place to do so.

Last edited:
I am on this community since when? 2006? 2007?

Well, unless you used a different username back then, then you registered here in February 2017.

EDIT: Oh, you were, though your old account has not been used since 2013.
I remember the nickname though... and AFAIR, your posts back then were similar.

Also, how did you get the numbers so wrong then - unless it was your full intention to do that?
There were never any supply issues after we started with the production of the 1GHz units.

Last edited:
Wasnt the Pyra ment to be not that same as the Pandora? On this Fosdem Präsentation, you said that you wants to make the Pyra Independent from the Pandora, as the Pandora ditnt had a good background story becaus Craig and so,
So its Dragonbox Pyra, not Openpandora Pandora..

But you cant build such a thing not that much diverent to the Pandora, so it is the same, but whit more power, a diverent PCB Concept, a bit more Buttons and whit Debian?

For me, the Pyra will be a Pandora 2, as i have the Pandora now pretty long, i will hopefully be able to make Pandora Tasks whit it,

Oh, and for Family Members, who know that i have this tiny Pocket PC i call Pandora, and they are criticise me for its expense, i think i will say the Pyra is just the Pandora, but its got a Case Flip ^^

It's not the Pandora 2
; you're a very naughty boy. (Sorry)
, but it is from the same people that rescued the pandora project from the ashes and made it a success. It's got a similar form factor, but is far more modular than the Pandora, but yeah I'd expect to do similar things I did with my Pandora on it. But given that's everything from AAA games to emulated games to office apps to bash scripting, that pretty much covers everything sensible that you want to do with a computer I guess.

Is there a way to get the sourvey results and the decisions mate from it?
Color,...

Beyond 1063 being the number of responses, I don't think so. But circumstantially I get the feeling the answers would be about 50% each way for each question. We've certainly had about the same number of people saying each way.

Back