Investments, Production start, preoderings and a wish (2011-10-02)

I think Craig means he's bowing out of this discussion.

That's the impression I got, too.

My understanding is that, He is no longer going to be involved in the project in the capacity that he has been, or hardly at all. Part of the investment plan calls for Ed to buy the remaining Pandora parts that are owned by Craig's business. Meaning, production, distribution, RMAs, will now all be handled by Ed's operation in Germany. A smart move all around.

Well I have had excellent support from Jacqueline and Debs at Craigs shop. I had my Pandora replaced once (dead nub) and ordered several parts (LCD cables, cases, etc.) everything went okay.

Well I have had excellent support from Jacqueline and Debs at Craigs shop. I had my Pandora replaced once (dead nub) and ordered several parts (LCD cables, cases, etc.) everything went okay.

I've nothing but good thing's to say about Craig's shop. From the gp2x forward always a satisfied customer!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oi! Lots of stuff going on, I see.

I'm very proud of everyone involved in the OpenPandora Project. You've all done a great job keeping it going through all the problems. I'm glad to see that the project will survive, and I'll be happy to order another Pandora (given slightly different specs, if that's still going to happen).

Craig, ED, and everyone else: You guys rock!

Openpandora ltd. is dead, long live Openpandora gmbh <-- i've heard the latter means "geh mal bier holen" which is a good thing.

I wish all the best to both OP ltd. and OP gmbh and I will buy more stuff from either of you guys when I have more money, in the mean while I will thoroughly enjoy my pandora!

I want to follow up on my original post in this thread.

I called out Craig, because I felt something needed to be said. No one really sees or knows the volume of communication that occurs with Craig's companies/ventures. I was hoping he would post to clarify the situation for what it really is, which only he can tell us. I personally want to this to succeed regardless of how i feel about anyone that was involved in bringing the pandora about. The pandora is basically it for open source devices.

The things i stated were things I perceived anyone active on the boards in recent months would come to a conclusion to, but its only based on what can be seen on from our perspective.

Im not sure if the things Craig said were directed at me, or just the real haters that just come to put down the project. I dont think thats the case I think I have done as much as I can for pandora from a development standpoint. But if so its disappointing.

Also mcobit's post a bit back I think sums it up for most of us that support open source devices in general. We definitely wouldnt be where we are without Craig's support and getting this started. We dont always understand and/or support the views on various things Craig has had during this project. We all want to see this succeed. In the end I think we are all just frustrated at the delays and mishaps that have occurred up to this point.

My hope is that the pandora germany rebirth is finally what is needed and its the start of good news to come and we all can get back to what we enjoy, open source and games.

It does sound in fact that Craig will be bowing out completely, or at least that he has entertained the idea a fair bit. From what I have read he will be doing what work is left but he has decided that he has projects that fit his goals and aspirations better then the Pandora. It is just a personal decision. And if he decided to go through with it, I hope he still comes around here, and contributes. Maybe if members were a little more patient with him and more appreciative of his efforts and input there would be a better likelihood of him sticking around. Only time can tell.

And yes - I can confirm we got an incredible collection of emails ;)
Maybe that explains why i didn't get a reply about getting a pandora with the wifi dongle, or is this email address no longer valid, "gp2xorders@googlemail.com"?

Mi no speake german.

Also mcobit's post a bit back I think sums it up for most of us that support open source devices in general. We definitely wouldnt be where we are without Craig's support and getting this started. We dont always understand and/or support the views on various things Craig has had during this project. We all want to see this succeed. In the end I think we are all just frustrated at the delays and mishaps that have occurred up to this point.

My hope is that the pandora germany rebirth is finally what is needed and its the start of good news to come and we all can get back to what we enjoy, open source and games.
+1 What he said. I understand Craig's frustration he has endure with this project. Being that he is the head in charge of the project, everybody expected answers from him, and when he didn't reply, people felt like he didn't care and they got angry. So I guess in the end we all ended up very stress. For me, that's all it is, the stress of waiting and still waiting but, I don't see any reason for hate. Though, i suppose Craigix can use a brake if he feels like it to relieve some of the tension off of him.

This is a great shame but I can understand why this decision was made.

Personally, Craig has been a great source of entertainment for me, I just think that a lot of people never grasped his mischievous sense of humour (especially during heated debates), although admittedly there were times that he probably should have had a glass of Cointreau and a delicious slice of jaffa cake pie before replying to a nasty message or two, I do think that he was constantly being baited for these kinds of responses most of the time. He has shown me great kindness, and my customer service experience of OpenPandora has been exceptional. Here's to a thoroughly decent chap, cheers!

Just to clarify things a little though, if anything happens to my Pandora do I need to contact you now, ED? I am concerned that you were stretched pretty thin as it was, surely taking on the whole shebang is going to mean no more sleep ever again.

I also think Craig meant that he is bowing out of this discussion thread not the Pandora project. I dont think he would have announced that as a foot note in a post in this thread.

Openpandora ltd. is dead, long live Openpandora gmbh <-- i've heard the latter means "geh mal bier holen" which is a good thing.

I wish all the best to both OP ltd. and OP gmbh and I will buy more stuff from either of you guys when I have more money, in the mean while I will thoroughly enjoy my pandora!

Anything with "bier" (beer for those who don't know ;) ) in it is a good thing indeed.

I wouldn't be so sure. :) Something like 'Allespandorasabsorbierung' - a German philosophical term I've just made up, it means a process when Pandoras can't be sent to people because of various obstacles efficiently 'absorb' them, wouldn't be that good indeed, but it has 'bier' in it. :)

I'd rather not get involved with any of the politics or personal debates, especially regarding Craig. As far as I'm concerned, each of the Pandora team deserve our thanks and respect, regardless of their opinions or personal quirks.

I preordered almost a year ago and while it's been a long wait, it's great to hear about any new developments, knowing that my money has, in some small way, helped create one of the coolest handheld machines. I can't wait to get mine and start hacking on it. The people who have been selfish and rude toward the Pandora team are misled, I believe. They knew what they were getting into the day they sent the money. This is a huge undertaking and I'm still amazed at how much dedication the team has. If I wasn't so broke I'd upgrade my order.

E.D. , i got the approval from my company´s C.E.O. to manage and invest in 3 parts, and get the checks for this. You can read your email so you can see the checks. (just in case someone think i was kidding).

The bad experience with my own unit don´t blind me so i believe this may be a good business. It is a good idea, and the human team is good in general. So please check, and take a look. Also we will need to talk by phone further about this investment .

Regards

Back