Investments, Production start, preoderings and a wish (2011-10-02)

I think its for the best that Craig leave the Pandora behind. If and when, big investors come in, as well as new customers, they shouldnt see the unprofessional nature with which Craig has handled his part of Pandora. He doesnt inspire confidence in what has already been a rocky and drawn out venture. Ed on the other hand has always been professional, devoted, thoughtful, and has always treated customers with the respect that they deserve. The kind of person that SHOULD be the face of the Pandora (even with that hair! It adds to his geekness). I havent purchased a Pandora, but have been on these boards for years, since it was first shown on Endgadget. I hope the project has a long life and that I get to buy one once they start moving out of the production line, just not with/from Craig.

I think its for the best that Craig leave the Pandora behind. If and when, big investors come in, as well as new customers, they shouldnt see the unprofessional nature with which Craig has handled his part of Pandora. He doesnt inspire confidence in what has already been a rocky and drawn out venture. Ed on the other hand has always been professional, devoted, thoughtful, and has always treated customers with the respect that they deserve. The kind of person that SHOULD be the face of the Pandora (even with that hair! It adds to his geekness). I havent purchased a Pandora, but have been on these boards for years, since it was first shown on Endgadget. I hope the project has a long life and that I get to buy one once they start moving out of the production line, just not with/from Craig.
Its just internet i dont take this shit too seriously. Edds a good guy but like it or not the pandora would not have happened without craig. His input into a pandora 2 could be crucial.Sure hes not always eloquent but hes sure not dishonest.He had over a million pounds of forum users money to build the pandora and put 300k of his own money into it.He did not go to mexico and blow the money on cheap drink and even cheaper women or anything.He should try to speak his mind a little less though but thats just him being him i guess.

Hey craig,
I know we had arguments in the past, but they were not about critizising your hard work for the Pandora.

Really, you played a big, if not the biggest role to make the Pandora happen and I really appreciate that.

What I don't understand is, that you don't seem to work with the community at times and just talk in short cryptic sentenses. If you would elaborate more on what you are doing, so someone understands what you mean it would be a lot easier to follow your thoughts.

Also seeing your opinion as the right one, no matter what others say makes it seem like you won't listen to anybody. Of course everyone can have his opinion, but you seem to ignore every discussion and stay with your personal opinion.

That said, I don't want anything bad for you or your company and I am glad, that a person like you stepped forward to create something so many people love!

Keep up working together with ED. But maybe listen a bit more and shout a bit less.

Keep up the good work! It seems like everything will come together nicely now, that the production is moved and the investors are found.

Edit: THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE AND WILL DO TO MAKE THIS A SUCCESS!
+1

I think its for the best that Craig leave the Pandora behind.
I get the distinct impression you haven't been around long enough to understand a great deal about this project. Either way, if Craig stays or goes it should be up to him but saying "well its best" is nonsense because him (and others but he is one of the main people) made it happen. Besides, I imagine there is plenty of financial liability involved in the project still so he couldn't anyway. They put their homes on the line for this project so yeah "leave" is a ridiculous statement.

+1

I have not had any interactions with Craig so I don't have anything to say I purchased my Pandora from ED. Unit showed up when promised, he helped me make sure i got the money set up correctly. The community has been fun and interesting, with many thoughtful and good people. The Pandora its self is a wonderful product that has both Craig’s and ED’s name on it. I'm not going to pretend to try to sort out who did what or why or why not. All I can say is Thank you both for doing what ever it was you did when people were or were not watching. As I get older I constantly have to decide if I'm going to give up on video games and fill my time with something else. When I get wind of projects like this that seem so special and unique in so many ways I can't help but feel good to be part of them in even the most mundane of ways.

I am looking forward to seeing the new units roll off the line in Germany as this will spur a renaissance in software development as more and more people get their hands on these products: At the same time i will harbor a little undeserved pride knowing that my unit was in the first batch and is part of a long and often difficult story, however ultimately successful.

Best of luck Craig whatever you do where ever you go your name is on my Pandora. ED because I know you better I can speak with confidence you will be successful!

Thank you both.

Hang on, have aI missed something? Craig is 'bowing out'? That's terrible - who's gonna make the funny you tube videos?

@Craig: I really hope you haven't taken anything to heart that some idiots might've said and that is the reason for your 'bowing out'. Screw them I what I say. Everyone went into this project knowing what it was, who was involved etc.

And I agree, stop comparing ED and Craig - two different people. Damn, I would feel awfull If some of these words were directed at me. I dunno how you have coped.

^ Where did you read Craig saying anything of the sort? nevermind

Last edited by a moderator:
+1

+1
+1

Wait, what number are we on? ;)

+1 from here to Mcobits sentiments as well.

@ Craig : It might be really helpful to the project and your reputation if you clearly explained to people what they should do to get a refund. It is appreciated that you have a backlog of emails but there are many ways to get round this such as requesting a written letter, an email with a specific header etc. Making the cancellation process easier and more transparent may seem counter intuitive but hearing that people are having problems getting their money back will probably lead to more people wishing to cancel.

On a more positive note, thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the blood sweat & tears you've put into the Pandora Project to date.

Craig is Bowing Out but very gracefully...well kind of gracefully, as he's secured a spot to replace Keith Floyd, with drunken cookery shows and kitchen inventions. All with a very belt(less) and braces approach. Its a stunning success already ;)

A cool tactics for the future would be to make it so that useres don't need to send any E-Mail to Craig & ED ;)

Just ordering, paying, shipping - done. If the build quality improves, there should be way less RMA cases in the future which means alot less E-mails and alot more relaxed OP-Team. ^^

And for a possible "Pandora 2" it would be cool if every part is tested befor shipping to customers so no bad surprises can happen anymore when it's actualy to late.

Well, that's how it was supposed to go, but then one of the production companies didn't work out... Also, other issues cropped up that I feel could have been fixed earlier on by more testing, but I still find no fault in the proccess the Pandora was designed, tested and produced.

What I see you saying is, make the proccess perfect so no one gets upset, then no one would need to ask you any questions?
Something like this but more in the way of optimizing and testing more in the beginning so you have less stress at the end. ;) I usualy do stuff in this way because I just can't stand stress so im uber-carefully when it comes to planing ans preparing, even if I only make supper. :D

I think its for the best that Craig leave the Pandora behind. If and when, big investors come in, as well as new customers, they shouldn't see the unprofessional nature with which Craig has handled his part of Pandora. He doesn't inspire confidence in what has already been a rocky and drawn out venture. Ed on the other hand has always been professional, devoted, thoughtful, and has always treated customers with the respect that they deserve. The kind of person that SHOULD be the face of the Pandora (even with that hair! It adds to his geekness). I haven't purchased a Pandora, but have been on these boards for years, since it was first shown on Endgadget. I hope the project has a long life and that I get to buy one once they start moving out of the production line, just not with/from Craig.
+1
If you didn't read:

from craigx

----------------------------------------------------------------

'''Yes, thanks for the great 'support' I've been shown here by some users, after all, investing only 4 years of my life, hundreds of thousands of dollars, and almost continuous 7 day weeks I probably deserve it.

39,000+ 'sent' emails in that time, 2500 in the last 2 months. I can only image it is tens of thousands of forum posts and PMs too.

That's what not communicating looks like I suppose, or at least to those of you who only want to see what you want to see.

Almost constantly during this project I've had hate mail in public and in private, every step of the way, every hurdle cleared and it's time for a new target to be set up to criticize me.

The Pandora won't happen, the Pandora won't work, The Pandora won't ship, The support won't happen and I am in general a lazy good for nothing bastard.

Every bit of it true, if you like.

Thanks,

Craig

PS, those of you who sent me kind emails and have met me in person, you kept me going and for good or bad the Pandora eventually existed and works. As I bow out of this I want to thank each and every one of you for your support, orders and kindness, without you it would never have happened. Cheers. ""

------------------------------------------------------------------

Craig: I would like to express my condolences on how people have been treating you. I have been seeing far to much anger in this board. I wish they could have understood your position before they decided to say such abusive things.

They may have had to easy of life, and don't know what it is like when a big project goes poorly. Not to mention, it seems like customer service has never been something you wanted to spend your time on. I know I make things for a living, and dealing with customers, especially angry or unreasonable customers is the last thing I want to deal with. I developed the job so I could work with my brain and my hands, not my mouth.

I hope that you may reconsider leaving the group and instead after the money gets organized, work only on development and troubleshooting(not first tear customer service troubleshooting either.). This team would loose so much not having you to help with the design. And the pandora 2 design period is right round the corner so to speak. In my opinion I think the company would loose one of the most valuable resource it has. So what if customer service is not your gig. Especially at this volume, it would drive most of us nuts if we had to gaze upon that level of chaos.

So in closing I wold like to add another -1000 to the vote score.

So as I count it -1995 is the current tally score. Looks like you need to stay Craig. Sorry, you are to valuable. And many of us look up to your rich skill set.

I personally can't wait till the refunds and first batch deliveries can happen, and we can get some of the angrier people out of the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Craig means he's bowing out of this discussion.

It's impossible for us to see who does what and how much effort they put in. It's easy for us to say that ED has a better presence on the forum, that's probably why ED is taking on that part a lot more. That pretty much means they have discussed it and made a good company discussion on who takes on that part. I think Craig is pulling his own weight behind the scenes easily, just look at how the ICP appears to be doing.

I can understand the frustration of many, I've outed mine too on the forum but I don't see the point of kicking this man while he's down. Let ED sort the finances, seems that's going well, give Craig some time to take a couple of deep breaths and catch his bearings and let's see this thing through. He's obviously not high on life at the moment and I think someone in goods spirits will be much more inclined to answer a couple of mails then one who thinks it doesn't make a difference anymore anyways.

Back