Instant Pandora with a premium?

I just emailed, got a response and paid the difference. Include your order number from your invoice, it probably makes it easier. Very simple and easy just be a little patient as they probably have thousands of emails coming in now...

I just emailed, got a response and paid the difference. Include your order number from your invoice, it probably makes it easier. Very simple and easy just be a little patient as they probably have thousands of emails coming in now...

Thank you so much.

We always have thousands of emails, there is so much 'behind the scenes' stuff which no one ever seems to perceive.

But I'm sure we will all look back on this and enjoy that we were part of something slightly eccentric.

It is better to 'top up' as each cancellation costs us money.
I sent an email. How long should I wait for a response? Also, can I just get my regular Pandora faster? I don't think I want one of those special edition ones.

Well I do understand this move but what really pisses me of is that for people like myself who has not got the Money to upgrade in the Que line will move back in the Que line whit every person that has the Money to upgrade.

Look I was dreaming of a Unit like this since I was a boy. Now many Years later a Unit just like I was dreaming of Poped up to for sale.

But Since I have a Wife and 2 Children by now – I just could not scratch the Money together to preorder this Great piece of Technique.

So my Brother decided to lay his money together and My Parents also Helped. So that I could fulfill my Childhood dream.

No I have been telling them for 2 Years that I did use all that Money to preorder the Pandora. Also convincing my wife that I not waisted a great load of Money

So its absolute Impossible for me to rais up the Extra money to upgrade in the Que line.

Well to be honest if a lot of people Upgrade in Queline it wont be a Upgrade any more but just spending money to stay in the Same Queposition…I know that Craigix is saying that we will get our Pandoras Faster this way and I did study the Diagramm here:

and Here:

But just be honest one single Time - Please:

All of the Deadlines that Craigix made sofar did not meet by yards. So I just experience shows that the calculations of Time that Craigix make are absolute unreliable. Sorry Craigix I do not what to offend you... Your making a great Job - but Time Calculation is just not your thing - But your great in other elements that was keeping this Project alive so far... So please no offense.

Also I could not find a Post where EvilDragon states that he thinks that this Time Callculation will add Up... EvilDragon has allways been very careful when stating if something will work in a certain Time, what made his states very reliable. So Before I get a State from EvilDragon that this is going to work - I just wont belive it. To many Deadlines have been broken and all of the sounded so realistic when the were made...

So if openpandora was honest at it would be true that people from batch1 Would get there Pandora whit in the next 6 Weeks (250 Units per week 1500 Are already made)

They sure could wait this extra 6 Weeks (Whats 6 Weeks after we have waited so long) and then when all the First Batches have there Pandora they can start a Action like this….

But if the really don’t have the money anymore to wait 6 weeks – well then this project is dead already.

I just hope I get my Pandora before the die… Dont know how to explain all the lost money to my Family otherwise

Well I do understand this move but what really pisses me of is that for people like myself who has not got the Money to upgrade in the Que line will move back in the Que line whit every person that has the Money to upgrade.

You will get your unit earlier this way. You move back a few places, but the queue moves much faster as a result.

Well to be honest if a lot of people Upgrade in Queline it wont be a Upgrade any more but just spending money to stay in the Same Queposition…
Craig has set a limit of 100 orders at the moment, and will then review the number as needed. There is no way that, with new money spent on labour, people will get units any slower than they would have.

So if openpandora was honest at it would be true that people from batch1 Would get there Pandora whit in the next 6 Weeks (250 Units per week 1500 Are already made)

They sure could wait this extra 6 Weeks (Whats 6 Weeks after we have waited so long) and then when all the First Batches have there Pandora they can start a Action like this….

But if the really don’t have the money anymore to wait 6 weeks – well then this project is dead already.

This is a matter of timing, not necessity. AFAIK, OP *could* continue on without doing this, but production would be at the same slow rate, and the lack of significant continuing income would cast dout on any chance of a batch3 or Pandora2, meaning peopleget their batch 2 units and then OP basically stops producing while they are slightly ahead.

NB: this last section is only my impression from reading all of the threads on both forums, but I do not have access to OP's finances and other details (naturally), so this may be slightly wrong. I'm open to corrections.

There is no way that, with new money spent on labour, people will get units any slower than they would have.

LoL

Well in this project I did hear the "no way this Deadline wont work out" just one time to much.

You get in new People New People can mess things up... And this is just one of many ways that things can move even slower whit this new going about it.

OK this is how it looks:

I'm 1550 - 1650 in Que before this Premium deal started.

There Are already over 1000 Pandora in the Wild Open

The whit out new People helping in the Production Line they can make 70 a Day.

So at the very latest I should receive a "Your Pandora is on the Way" E-Mail in 10 Work days From now... So that would be... 11. February

So the Countdown that will prove If Craigix is telling the truth is running.

If He is telling the Truth I should receive my "Your Pandora is on the Way" E-Mail before the 11.February

I guess the Next 10 Day will prove if Openpandora is telling us the truth or if the come up with a new Reason why things will delay for the very last time for 2 Months.

Look I'm not trying to put anybody down or anything, but I'm just not taking any Bullshit... And this Premium Deal, looks, Smells and feels like Bullshit... so its probably Roses.

I will even go one step future:

If I hold my Pandora in my Hand and it dose everything that It promised bevore the End of February I will apologize publicly In this forum for not trusting Craigix.

But I really don't think that I will have to do so

Even If I really hope so - I hope that I get the Pandora soon and that my Whish @ comes true and I can start giving something back to this Community by developing games for the Pandora

I guess the main reason that this Premium Deal really pisses me of is because the ones that have the Money will profit once more.

And the Ones that cant afford to get a Premium Deal will have to wait longer.

The reason I like Opensource is because everybody has the same chance and the same deal no matter how much money they have.

Everybody is equal to each other...

Andy here we go again the ones that have money will get there Pandoras in 7 Days (if thats rally true) and the others that scratch every penny together to pre Order on and have been waiting for 2 Years now will have to wait longer once more... even if the production speeds up the will have to wait longer then 7 Days... so we have Premium and Normal Users again... Exactly what I do not what to see in the Open source Scene

Last edited by a moderator:
the express deal is pissing off, indeed, i agree with that, so people can immediately get that thing i waited for so long and paid so long ago ....

BUT if it makes my pandora come faster, AND helps with the whole project overall, i DO agree it's a good solution

it's not like thousands of express buyers are suddenly gonna delay my pandora :p

i'm considering an upgrade....

hey, another idea, what about a discounted upgrade for people already in queue? so they's still pay kind of less than total newcomers ?

as cancellation costs money ... :p

I also sent Jacquelyn an email, she answered right away that it is possible for me to upgrade. Now I'm waiting for a reply on how to pay the difference (in Euro). :) I guess as it is Saturday I'll have to way until Monday (I hope poor Jacquelyn gets the weekend off?). :)

It is better to 'top up' as each cancellation costs us money.
I sent an email. How long should I wait for a response? Also, can I just get my regular Pandora faster? I don't think I want one of those special edition ones.

Yes, you will still get the black sticker.

Not that this matters much, but do all top-ups receive a black sticker? I'm second batch and was told I'd get a red when I 'upgraded'. Just wondering.

"And the award for best Salesman of ALL TIME goes to Craig!"

Amazing! Not only does Craig defy the odds by persuading customers to hold on to their orders for over 2 years and counting, a feat even the big name companies can't do, but now he's done the IMPOSSIBLE. He's actually able to get more money for two year old dated technology. Electronic gadgets always go down in price every year but Pandora's price is going up and customers are buying! With his marketing ability the soon to be released ICP could turn out to be the best selling gadget of all time! WOW!

Amazing! Not only does Craig defy the odds by persuading customers to hold on to their orders for over 2 years and counting, a feat even the big name companies can't do, but now he's done the IMPOSSIBLE. He's actually able to get more money for two year old dated technology. Electronic gadgets always go down in price every year but Pandora's price is going up and customers are buying! With his marketing ability the soon to be released ICP could turn out to be the best selling gadget of all time! WOW!

Speaking for myself here, I'm paying more (despite me getting my unit faster) to support the project. I'd rather not see it be a flash in the pan and so choose to give my money to them. Better them than some company like Nokia / Google / Apple etc (who don't even make a device like this). It's better than a donation.

Your giving Craig far too much credit.

The Pandora was designed by the features that the community wanted. Even after 2 years this hasn't changed and there still isn't anything on the market that has all the same features so why would people change their minds about buying one?

Nobody persuaded anybody to stay in line for 2 years. At least not craig 'whats your order number' rothwell :D They just were making a dream device so people wanted to stay in line.

OK, I had to 'tl;dr' the last 2-3 pages because my face is warped trying to hold my eyes open - i'll make edits tomorrow.

I removed all the discussion parts of my post, because I fear there's too much tl;dr going on (yeah I know, makes me sound like a hypocrite, but what I'm talking about is people who read post 1 and hit reply, reading the posts on the last page which appear at the bottom of the editor) and people might think i'm a member of OPT or something dumb like that vvv.

(Interesting: One of my old teachers once said that he's had some cases we're he'd be saying stuff, and then someone would yell out "FLUFFY BUNNIES!!!" and students would actually think that was the answer to question a) What is the first letter in "Psychology", despite hearing what the _teacher_ said/repeated perfectly. Humans learn things wrong more often, and better, than they learn the correct information :( . Good thing I'm not a human :D )

Craig - I really really hope those scripts on your server are well written. If there hasn't been already, there'll be a fucking massive influx in a big burst - hey, can you smell race condition? Hope the hardware's also been well tested to cope with high loads - but I guess it was, [jest] the last time there was a Pandora in seven days promotion(batch1 preorder - okay, no, (hopefully) nobody was expecting their Pandora in a week, but maybe Two Months). [/jest]. IIRC it ran really slowly, but worked without issue, ammirite?

OK, I had to 'tl;dr' the last 2-3 pages because my face is warped trying to hold my eyes open - i'll make edits tomorrow.

I removed all the discussion parts of my post, because I fear there's too much tl;dr going on (yeah I know, makes me sound like a hypocrite, but what I'm talking about is people who read post 1 and hit reply, reading the posts on the last page which appear at the bottom of the editor) and people might think i'm a member of OPT or something dumb like that vvv.

(Interesting: One of my old teachers once said that he's had some cases we're he'd be saying stuff, and then someone would yell out "FLUFFY BUNNIES!!!" and students would actually think that was the answer to question a) What is the first letter in "Psychology", despite hearing what the _teacher_ said/repeated perfectly. Humans learn things wrong more often, and better, than they learn the correct information :( . Good thing I'm not a human :D )

Craig - I really really hope those scripts on your server are well written. If there hasn't been already, there'll be a fucking massive influx in a big burst - hey, can you smell race condition? Hope the hardware's also been well tested to cope with high loads - but I guess it was, [jest] the last time there was a Pandora in seven days promotion(batch1 preorder - okay, no, (hopefully) nobody was expecting their Pandora in a week, but maybe Two Months). [/jest]. IIRC it ran really slowly, but worked without issue, ammirite?

The limit has been set at 100 units for now. The fact that these are still for sale* means that 100 have not yet been sold. (Correct me if I have the numbers wrong, but I'm pretty sure the'yre accurate)

* GBAX seems to be refusing my connection, so I am going from the last time I checked. Nothing wrong with the site, is there Craig?

Back