Instant Pandora with a premium?

ROFL!!!

You have 200 points, please pass go.

You are currently the leader of Open Pandora: the production simulation game.
I can imagine that game... For Chance and Community Chest, you get cards like "Bank error not in your favor. Refund 3000 orders" and "Nub manufacturer bankrupt - Lose $30000".

If this was done by any other company all the pre-orderers would have gone "Yes Im in the pre-order line I have to pay less" here some reason about the decision is given en everybody goes "wait what? But I want my pandora!"
I think that one of the main complaints about this issue, stems from the fact that they didn't allow the people who have been waiting the longest to upgrade before anyone else. This would have been common curtesy after people have waited and supported the developers for so long. Instead they allowed anyone with more money to jump straight to the front.

I don't have enough money to do this due to personal reasons and I was lucky to get enough money together to order one in the first place. There have been quite a few occasions over the last couple of years where I was in serious need of funds and I was faced with a choice of either cancelling my order and getting my money back, or toughing it out. I chose not to get the money back because I not only wanted a Pandora, but I wanted to support the developers and help the project to succeed. Of course this meant that I had to make some sacrifices in my life.

If I'd have known back then that I could order a Pandora now for a bit more money and actually get it sooner than I would if I'd have waited for the last 2 years, I would have cancelled my order and put that £200+ to good use somewhere else in my life.

People have a right to be pissed off about this <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
YOU CAN'T APPLY LOGIC HERE!!

than this must be bat country

bat%20country.jpg

dear craig !

your strange manner to communicate makes all this more complicated than necessary.

may be you shoud hire someone for public relations (ie. jacky ;-) )

if you said ...

there is no money left, we sold the preorders too low and lost about 150 $ per unit.

so in order to survive as a company we have to rise the charge to 500 $ for future orders.

therefore batch 2 is closed. new orders will receive their pandoras within 7 days.

preorder-customers will not been delaid, because the new orders make it possible to hire more people for production line.

but for reason of fair play, all those preorder-customers, who want to speed up their delivery, can pay the difference to 500 $ and will get their pandoras in 7 days, too.

those who don't want to pay more, will get their units as scheduled before this action. their patiance will be rewarded with a smaller price, a 'first batch'-labeled pandora and the good feeling of having made all this happen.

... all would have been more clearly and maybe less confusing.

greetings

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Craigix, it looks fine for me. You can't move a bussines selling things below all the costs summed. My own experience also tells me that you can't also run a bussiness that is very tight to offer the best price to your customers. It is better for the customers when you have resources to deal with eventualities. You should keep an eye allways into having extra money in the pocket to keep things running as fast as possible.

I think you need to deal with all of this as fast as possible, a lot of people will pay the extra and if this speeds up production it will be good for all. It would be great if you managed to get a good buffer of money after this so all of you will be able to eventually propose a revision of the console without a lot of angry guys that have been wating months if not years for the product. Maybe offering both revisions at different prices until you sell all the old ones.

I ordered a pandora just some weeks ago btw. I supose it would be possible to put better SoC in the machine with more clock, ram or a dual arm but I don't care at all because you have a unique form factor to the date. However as I said you need to look a bit into the future to keep this brand as the cutting edge it must be.

Regards.

My suggestion is this, for those who want to, the ability to get a Pandora within 7 days for $500.
After reading this thread there is one question that springs to mind. What about those who don't want to? If you're willing to wait for your unit can you still pre order it at the original price?

Or is $500 now the actual cost of the Pandora?

The current preorders won't change the price, you an upgrade if you want, but if you paid 250 USD, you will still get it for 250 USD within the next weeks / months (depending on when you preordered).

In the long run Craig wants to eliminate preorders completely AFAIK (would also make sense in my opinion), though I don't know if the price will stay or change. That really depends on labour cost, the demand, etc.

The more profit there is, the more we can use to pay the software team, get new users, improve stuff, etc., so it will probably need to be balanced.
I can upgrade? How do I do this?

My suggestion is this, for those who want to, the ability to get a Pandora within 7 days for $500.
After reading this thread there is one question that springs to mind. What about those who don't want to? If you're willing to wait for your unit can you still pre order it at the original price?

The current preorders won't change the price, you an upgrade if you want, but if you paid 250 USD, you will still get it for 250 USD within the next weeks / months (depending on when you preordered).

In the long run Craig wants to eliminate preorders completely AFAIK (would also make sense in my opinion), though I don't know if the price will stay or change. That really depends on labour cost, the demand, etc.

The more profit there is, the more we can use to pay the software team, get new users, improve stuff, etc., so it will probably need to be balanced.

Email sales. I think that only Craig's shop is doing this right now.

I don't think I've ever seen such confusion in a thread before.

Although people keep pointing it out, and I'm sure some of the people posting on here might be trolls:

$500 Pandora consoles = you get your preorder sooner because we have the money to build Pandora consoles FASTER.

That's all there is to it, we have already started the process.
But can I upgrade my ordinary preorder to a special order?

Email sales. I think that only Craig's shop is doing this right now.
Yeah, I emailed them. I emailed them a week ago too, asking about my place in the queue, and never got a reply.

Yeah, I emailed them. I emailed them a week ago too, asking about my place in the queue, and never got a reply.

An alternative would be just ordering a premium console and cancelling your preorder when you could. But you might want to wait a few days for a reply. Jaquelyn is always pretty busy, and I bet with these premium orders coming in she's pretty deep in emails.

Since this is sort of a limited-time deal, I'm not sure what would be the best option. Sorry, Hunter. :(

Im close to the end of batch two and this is fine as far as im concerned. Having the project succeed so that software will be developed in the future is more important. You guys do what you have to to make that happen.

An alternative would be just ordering a premium console and cancelling your preorder when you could. But you might want to wait a few days for a reply. Jaquelyn is always pretty busy, and I bet with these premium orders coming in she's pretty deep in emails.

Since this is sort of a limited-time deal, I'm not sure what would be the best option. Sorry, Hunter. :(
It's not a huge deal. If I have to wait, I have to wait.

I was super-impatient (and didn't know if there was a "limited batch about to run out" situation), so I decided to re-order-and-cancel yesterday night when the news was still fairly fresh.

I received my cancellation-refund email from Google Checkout today while I was at work, along with a manual confirmation from the nice salesladies confirming it (as I had asked for one).

I would suggest if you're doing this, you put a nice clear summary in the subject line so they know what the email is about. "Have placed new 7day Pandora order, please cancel old preorder" is the sort of thing I said in the subject of mine. (just saying "my order" doesn't really tell them anything useful!) I also dug out the reference number they sent me when I pre-ordered, along with the Google Checkout payment reference number from the Checkout receipt email - I figured it would help them handle things more quickly.

They might well prefer doing top-up payments to the "whole new order, cancel old one" thing, though. But either way, they are definitely not slacking on keeping up with emails about this.

Back