Instant Pandora with a premium?

The orders are coming in already. We can now get serious about building these quickly.

Next week we want to build 500+, I want you to see the difference this will make now we can pay for more people to help.

Thank you to everyone who is placing orders for these, you're allowing OP to start growing fast.
ll this situation go on for though?

With the additional employees building units:

When do you see crossing the 1000 (order number not unit count) mark from your own store's pre-order queue?

When do you see crossing the 2000 (order number not unit count) mark from your own store's pre-order queue?

A lot faster than we would have without this extra money. So you're going to get your unit SOONER and you have had to do NOTHING extra to get it.

The orders are coming in already. We can now get serious about building these quickly.

Next week we want to build 500+, I want you to see the difference this will make now we can pay for more people to help.

Thank you to everyone who is placing orders for these, you're allowing OP to start growing fast.

So for those of us who have been waiting with the project for 2 years...

Someone with a new 7 day unit is going to show up while we're still empty handed.

But probably you are not going to get it any later than you would have it without the 7-day Ps

Just think of it like some people getting their pandora from ebay, except its not ebay. craig could just have put pandoras on ebay and nobody would have complained. But instead he uses his own store and is completely open about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot faster than we would have without this extra money. So you're going to get your unit SOONER and you have had to do NOTHING extra to get it.

I really hope you're right, Craig. I'm having a hard time being optimistic about it though, especially considering how past estimates on production time have gone. That's not intended to be a biting comment or even rude, just the truth.

I really hope you're right, Craig. I'm having a hard time being optimistic about it though, especially considering how past estimates on production time have gone. That's not intended to be a biting comment or even rude, just the truth.

We're emailing each other like crazy to start speeding everything up right now. I'm busy flashing 10 SD cards so we can flash the units quicker with 2 people. This is going to be a fun week coming up!

Well, it's time for Jumpman to chime in! LOL :p

No really, in all seriousness, OPT has to do what they can to move the project forward, and gain some market share to even have a batch 2, or 3, or even keep support going for the batch 1 crowd. Now I have seen the team bring up many differant ideas over the last 2 years:special colored units, investments from community members, ect. Now none of these ideas have ever gone past being talked about, and if this idea is ready to roll, and EVERYONE can see an imediate benefit, I say GO FOR IT!

Sadly, life never goes as planned, and the team has put a lot on the line, and sacrificed a great deal to deliver this project to this community. There was a lot of disasters that where seen, and some unforseen, we can all play the blame game and point fingers, but the reality is that a ton of money and time has been wasted/sacrifised/pissed away whatever you choose to go with doesn't change the fact that the device is underpriced, and the team has spread itself thin to get this far.

Craig did the community a favor by asking for it's opinions, but at the end of the day it's SINK OR SWIM! If this project dies tommorow this divice will be rendered useless to anyone who as a unit, and to those who will never get one. This isn't a pefect solution, and I doubt anyone here can produce one that is perfect, so now, let's just go with what is out there, and if they can sell some higher priced units to those who can afford it, to help out those who can't, where is the harm?

Chris

ll this situation go on for though?

With the additional employees building units:

When do you see crossing the 1000 (order number not unit count) mark from your own store's pre-order queue?

When do you see crossing the 2000 (order number not unit count) mark from your own store's pre-order queue?

Right - and I'm good with the idea that it will be sooner. From a qualitative perspective, that is a good thing.

What I'm after is a more quantitative answer.

I.e.

If I were order number 1000 (should be coming up very soon) when would I expect to get my order filled?

If I were order number 2000 (should be sped up by the above mentioned 'sooner') when would I expect to get my order filled?

The answer can be in any unit - it doesn't have to be to the day. Accuracy to within a +/- 1 week would be fine for the 1000th. Accuracy to within +/- 2 weeks would be nice on the 2000th.

Yes, I know, "It will be done when it's done." Getting a 'whenish' estimate would help placate some nerves though.

Next week should give a good view of how many units 5 people can build full time. You will very likely see some serious queue movement then.

All right, I'm risking it and ordering anyways. I'll give OPT some extra time, of course, to sort out how exactly they want to do this, but the deal was pay extra for a seven-day assembly and delivery.

I'm gonna wait ten days for the unit to ship. Soon as that time's up I'm cancelling my order and am gonna take my place in the back to batch2 again.

Sorry to nail you to the wall, OP, but.. well, it's a lot of cash. :-/

Hi, preorderer here,

I say go for it for so many reasons,

I can't afford to pay extra but if others can and it helps mine arrive faster, I'm happy with that :)

All set to buy one with extra battery and case then I realised those prices (UK) were not including VAT..oops! Oh well...batch 3 for me unfortunately.

All right, I'm risking it and ordering anyways. I'll give OPT some extra time, of course, to sort out how exactly they want to do this, but the deal was pay extra for a seven-day assembly and delivery.

I'm gonna wait ten days for the unit to ship. Soon as that time's up I'm cancelling my order and am gonna take my place in the back to batch2 again.

Sorry to nail you to the wall, OP, but.. well, it's a lot of cash. :-/

It's a deal :)

Okey, I reeeeally wanna order the "premium pandora", but can't afford to pay it right now unless i cancell my other order.

Do we have to pay now? And if i cancell my other order, how likely is it that i won't get the premium and end up last in the order?

Thanks in advance : )

PS: Sorry if many has asked the same :p

Not going to post my opinion on this as my pandora should be with me on Monday and I don't know how I would feel if it hadn't shipped yet.

I'll just want to wish Craig & CO good luck with this step and I hope it will turn out to be beneficial for all of the people who waited 2+ years.

How many Units per week faster are whe talk about? if you can speed it up to 500 Units per week whit the money from the "instand Pandora" that would be great..

Okey, I reeeeally wanna order the "premium pandora", but can't afford to pay it right now unless i cancell my other order.

Do we have to pay now? And if i cancell my other order, how likely is it that i won't get the premium and end up last in the order?

Thanks in advance : )

PS: Sorry if many has asked the same :p

Email sales.

Not going to post my opinion on this as my pandora should be with me on Monday and I don't know how I would feel if it hadn't shipped yet.

I'll just want to wish Craig & CO good luck with this step and I hope it will turn out to be beneficial for all of the people who waited 2+ years.

As a late first batcher, I can tell you how I felt. I ordered one of these premium ones and cancelled my old order :p

It's a deal :)

Alright!

*Eridger pulls out his battle axe to do battle with the Google Checkout monster.*

"TAKE MY MONEY, YOU FOUL HEATHEN!"

Edit: Woah. My... my card was just... accepted? Just like that? You could have done that the first time I tried to order, stupid Google! > :(

Ok so as I understand it:

Person who just found out about the pandora and has 500usd to spare: Get it in 7 days

Person who has been following the project for years and ordered from the first batch (me): Get it in..."a few weeks".

Something got twisted inside me but at this point im just going with the flow, there's nothing I can do about it :mellow:

And look at that, google checkout... no messing around with bank transfers and all that crap, guess some people will just be lucky <_<

Ok so as I understand it:

Person who just found out about the pandora and has 500usd to spare: Get it in 7 days

Person who has been following the project for years and ordered from the first batch (me): Get it in..."a few weeks".

Something got twisted inside me but at this point im just going with the flow, there's nothing I can do about it :mellow:

And look at that, google checkout... no messing around with bank transfers and all that crap, guess some people will just be lucky <_<

Don't forget first batchers also saved a ton of cash ;)

Bearing in mind, that "a few weeks" is less time than it would have taken if this initiative did not go ahead. I've suppressed my childish pangs of envy and seen the bright side. But I totally appreciate your sentiment- it's good and bad at the same time.

But, as I keep saying, you can add weight to the "good" with the vague hope that some of these people with the bank to drop $500 on a Pandora right now, are probably going to be the people we'd *want* to have Pandoras. Fingers crossed they do contribute something worthwhile to the community, that we can all benefit from when we finally get our Pandoras.

Back