Instant Pandora with a premium?

It does seem like a good idea, but people aren't going to want something that's half as powerful as a netbook for double the price. Then again, if it's pitched right, it could be sold for anything.

What you need to do is advertise more; try and get to be mainstream. Then do a trial baloon, take some samples of demand, and see what people would pay - maybe a poll on Facebook would work - then prepare a run, and sell it for as high a price as as many people will pay.

If you can advertise it well enough, you might find it's being ordered by the myriad.

*Actually, this would make more sense as C-style pseudocode:

Code:
as(price.high) {

as(people.many) {

pay();

}

}

This might have been answered already, but if I don't opt in, I'll still get my first batch stamp, right?

This might have been answered already, but if I don't opt in, I'll still get my first batch stamp, right?

Yes, the more expensive units won't have the first batch stamp. They will have a red sticker which we're designing today.
Thanks for the quick reply. I guess I'm fine with people ordering priority queue, especially if it means the software will be more mature by the time I get my unit.

Might be a good idea (before you go to bed :D ) to specify what you're going to do about people with pre-orders who want to pay the extra to get a 'yours in 7 days' model... I've just sent in my email asking to do just that, but I doubt I'll be the only one.

May I suggest something if OPT really is in need of money?

Offer - more - merchandise. This is a good way to give existing Pandora Owners and those that wish to become one a chance to help you out while getting something they want.

I'm thinking of the typical stuff... compatible USB gadgets, t-shirts, mugs, pins, etc.

As for me I would love to have a pandora mug or t-shirt.

Offer - more - merchandise. This is a good way to give existing Pandora Owners and those that wish to become one a chance to help you out while getting something they want.

I'm thinking of the typical stuff... compatible USB gadgets, t-shirts, mugs, pins, etc.

I second this. EDIT: Ninja'd: I third it.

I've been upping the geek level on my wardrobe of late (it wasn't geeky enough!) and I'd love a few t-shirts. Mugs, pins, and random doodads are always nice to have, too.

Last edited by a moderator:

This is also a good suggestion, I would probably slap down some cash for a nice T-Shirt like ED has been seen wearing!

Might be a good idea (before you go to bed :D ) to specify what you're going to do about people with pre-orders who want to pay the extra to get a 'yours in 7 days' model... I've just sent in my email asking to do just that, but I doubt I'll be the only one.

I'd also like to know, because I think it's a bit of a kick in the nuts. I mean what would you rather have people do, cancel and then reorder in the 7-day queue. Please can you clarify this?

Edit: I've sent an email about "upgrading" my order, and to ask whether I can still have a first batch sticker (OMG).

I really wish there was a bit more clarity given on some of these issues, before you went live with that order page Craig, I know you're stressed though.

I'd buy a Pandora T-shirt or coffee mug even with a high mark-up.

I approve of this very much, though I have a question;

I have an order in Batch 2, ordered a week before Christmas 2010. Am I gonna have to pay more for my preorder now?

I wonder about that too, do we pay about 200 $ extra? or do we have to cancel first and pay 500?

I approve of this very much, though I have a question;

I have an order in Batch 2, ordered a week before Christmas 2010. Am I gonna have to pay more for my preorder now?
You can if you want to receive your unit sooner, but he cannot force you as your sales contract states you will get the unit for the price you have already paid.

As has been asked by others already, what about the option to upgrade to the new price? I guess it would be easier than first buying at the new price and then canceling my old order - to which I will resort to in case an upgrade option is not available (soon).

Oh, by the way, hello everyone!

As a late first batcher, is it wrong that I feel like I've been pushed to the back of the queue? Surely if enough people take up the offer it means you'll be spending all your time building the 'high priority' pandoras. I don't want to even imagine what happens if enough people take up the offer so that there's not enough parts left to build mine.

I can't say I'm thrilled that you've gone ahead with this...

Back